HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:41 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
this http://www.airaccent.com/walkera-hmc...c-p-28320.html site has this esc. The ending letters on the model number is ltc. I had read the only difference between the lt and the ltc is responsiveness. The ltc is faster. Is this correct or do we need the lt one? Wait, I juest noticed the ltc has 3 wires(red,black,white) on one of the wires and the lt only has one white wire
There is only one esc known to work with the genius and mini and thats the lt.
ClubHeli released one for double the price of the lt thats supposed to work with both but no one has tested it yet.

Edit: Mini's are at WOW looks like their shipment got there early
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Last edited by Proud Polac; Feb 07, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Hey you said earlier that the only esc's able to work are the lt's, lt has one wire, ltc has 3 wires. Lt is the one you had linked to , ltc is the one "I" had linked to. Here is what you just said:

"There is only one esc known to work with the genius and mini and thats the ltc.<------
ClubHeli released one for double the price of the ltc thats supposed to work with both but no one has tested it yet."

And the servo saver mod is when you cut a slice in the servo arm where the servo arm fits over the knurled servo. Since the servo arm is cut it will open in a crash and instead of gripping the knurled servo end it will open and spin on it. You will have to reset the servo arm in a crash though since most likely the servo arm will be pointing in a different direction than it should. Some people were doing this to the genius, why spend 16 dollars on a servo when this can save your servo forever?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Anyone ever bought from oomodel? Are shipping times fairly quick? How about from purchase to processing to shipping? Anyone,...anyone?? Bought my mnicp combo at 7am, of course its still processing. Going to look up time difference. They seemed to answer my emails around 8 and 9am yesterday. Is that closing time?
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopteri2010 View Post
Yes it is the same Walkera connector...

I made a battery test with stock motor and C05 motor in M-CP
I simulated the hard 3D flight by pitch punching and made some FF between.
The end voltage was 3.8V with all batteries.

stock LiPo 240Mah 25c 2min 20sec (stock motor) and 3min 49sec with C05

Hyperion 240mAh 25c 2min 48sec (stock motor) and 4min 20sec with C05

wklipo017 350mAh 25c 3min 10sec (stoc motor) and 6min 50sec with C05

The last battery come with the brushless motor kit of G-CP
The power output was great and the motor did not bock in hard pumping...

I liked to bye more of these batteries...

Cheers, Eki
I searched "wklipo017" on google and found nearly nothing. Are there part numbers missing from that? I am trying to find the dimensions of the walkera 350mah 25c battery to match those found on hobbyking or any other site. I am also just trying to find the 25c battery at all. I keep finding the v120 helicopter version but its only 20c.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Has anyone tried the GCP motor in the MCP yet? Trying to decide which one to get but 2 min run time is unacceptable. I also have plenty of 240 batts and don't want to have to get the 350's to increase MCP run time.

Thanks
Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
look at the last page or so, you definitely get more runtime with the gcp motor in the mcp
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Sorry, somehow I missed Bobpines post, so it seems you can get about 5 mins with the stock GCP motor.

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Going to purchase a mini cp and an exra genius main motor. Do I need to buy the genius main motor with or without the pinion?
PeteAir is offline Find More Posts by PeteAir
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:54 PM
Sure it'll hover!
United States, MI, Sanford
Joined Jun 2007
165 Posts
Woohoo! Wow hobbies got their shipment in early... they're now shipping the Mini CP. Should have a Devo 8S + Mini CP soon - can't wait!

I also ordered a V120D02s and batteries from Heli RC Store... so, if you're interested in a great deal on a 4G6S - check this out: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1589158
omster is offline Find More Posts by omster
Old Feb 07, 2012, 06:06 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Hey you said earlier that the only esc's able to work are the lt's, lt has one wire, ltc has 3 wires. Lt is the one you had linked to , ltc is the one "I" had linked to. Here is what you just said:

"There is only one esc known to work with the genius and mini and thats the ltc.<------
ClubHeli released one for double the price of the ltc thats supposed to work with both but no one has tested it yet."

And the servo saver mod is when you cut a slice in the servo arm where the servo arm fits over the knurled servo. Since the servo arm is cut it will open in a crash and instead of gripping the knurled servo end it will open and spin on it. You will have to reset the servo arm in a crash though since most likely the servo arm will be pointing in a different direction than it should. Some people were doing this to the genius, why spend 16 dollars on a servo when this can save your servo forever?
Sorry typo its the lt not ltc. Its the one that i linked to and has only a white signal wire
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Feb 07, 2012, 06:52 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
The servos are the same in the mini and Genius. There is no difference.
Don't mean to be nitpicky, but this is not exactly true. The mini cp servos have a plastic ball link that is slightly larger than the genius' servo metal ball link. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=509

Other than that, yes the internal workings are the same and the mini's servos strip just as easily. Going forward I will definitely be trying benmlee's servo saver mod.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Any idea when parts will be available? Need a landing skid and frame to create my frakenheli
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
whats the model number for the 350mah 25c walkera batteries and if possible can you measure them and weigh them?
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:12 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
you guys should take a look at the hyperion 320mah for mini. although i don't have a mini yet to test, the battery should fit and probably better than a 350mah walkera battery.. at least long term. the tray on the mini is a tad bigger than genius i assume?
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:24 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
you guys should take a look at the hyperion 320mah for mini. although i don't have a mini yet to test, the battery should fit and probably better than a 350mah walkera battery.. at least long term. the tray on the mini is a tad bigger than genius i assume?
Width wise it feels about the same. But length wise it seems a battery could stick a little out the front and back...don't have to worry about it hitting the main gear anymore.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher