HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:51 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
I'm wondering if it would be possible to mount the genius rx holder to the mini-cp main frame? Then the genius rx could be mounted horizontally, but still benefit from the new battery and servo positioning.

Is there something with the 120 degree servo layout that would prevent the genius rx from working correctly (mixing, etc.)?

If this works then the mini cp main frame and skids could be nice option parts for the genius.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:03 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
No Bobs one = 2 to 4 depending on how many he gets past the wife undetected was the 28 written in indelible ink

Regards David
I'm just going to hide the mSR's.. She will never know..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:26 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
You can never have to many Heli's
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:42 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
you are welcome to hide your heli at my place
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:23 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
you are welcome to hide your heli at my place
Sorry,,,, I just can't with a clear conscience push a mSR off on anyone.. Besides they are now collectors heli's..
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:35 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
So Bob are you finally going to go for the Devo 8(S) you have been threatening to for a while now does the other half also count the Tx's and would spot a nice gun metal colored one

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,066 Posts
Quote:
Sorry,,,, I just can't with a clear conscience push a mSR off on anyone.. Besides they are now collectors heli's..
You're too much Bob!!

Have a GREAT day!!!

(you made mine today)

i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:51 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
I'm wondering if it would be possible to mount the genius rx holder to the mini-cp main frame? Then the genius rx could be mounted horizontally, but still benefit from the new battery and servo positioning.

Is there something with the 120 degree servo layout that would prevent the genius rx from working correctly (mixing, etc.)?

If this works then the mini cp main frame and skids could be nice option parts for the genius.
Looking at djfuji's pictures, don't see why not. Seems like the swashplate is the same with ball at 120 degrees apart. One is in the front just like on Genius. Just have to plug the right servo at the correct location. Will have to find a way to mount the rx horizontally. That can't be too difficult. Probably use the bigger Genius canopy for room.

I am waiting for the brushless motor spare part to mount to the Genius.
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:03 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
So Bob are you finally going to go for the Devo 8(S) you have been threatening to for a while now does the other half also count the Tx's and would spot a nice gun metal colored one

Regards David
Looks like I'll have to now.. this and another V120D02S or should I wait for the V120D02SS to come out.... I must say the D02S is a fun heli at the flying field where I can let it loose..

But I have that third 2801pro coming along with the Genius,, hope it shows up when she isn't home..
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I actually have one of the first models out of China in my posession. It came with the Devo 8S, but I did not check out the telemetry stuff on it yet. All I can say is it flies really solid so far. It is quite a bit more powerful than the original Genius right out of the box (the new brushed main motor is bigger). It also comes with 240mah 25C packs stock which seem to have good power throughout the flight. They are a bit larger than the Hyperions so I have tested both and the Hyperions still have better climbout. But the stock packs are not that bad this time. The canopy is just shorter and is one piece. The heli is exactly the same size as the Genius from main shaft to tail motor. The main blades are the same and there is a new tail rotor that has the same shape as the MCP V3 blades with a little more pitch (I think). The board is mounted vertically (with no 6 axis or adj pots) and the servos are mounted at 120*. That's why the flip/roll rate is actually really nice with this "version". LOL. I have already flipped to inverted and hovers nicer than my stock Genius. It is definitely more powerful than a stock MCP and the tail holds. I have smacked the ground with it couple of times hard enough to chip a mainblade with no damage so far. Here are few a pics.
DK, thank for your pictures. If you have time, please can you check whether the head, swashplate, main shaft and main gear are exactly the same as the Genius? I wonder whether it will be possible to mount the Genius Rx onto this new air frame?
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:16 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Looking at djfuji's pictures, don't see why not. Seems like the swashplate is the same with ball at 120 degrees apart. One is in the front just like on Genius. Just have to plug the right servo at the correct location. Will have to find a way to mount the rx horizontally. That can't be too difficult. Probably use the bigger Genius canopy for room.
Yes, I was definitely thinking of using the Genius canopy as it will also provide more room for brushless esc, etc. At this point it's all speculation as we don't have the main frame in our hands yet. *edit* Okay, just saw zadaw requesting confirmation.

Now, what is interesting is that Alishan said the mini-cp will return to a hover when hands are taken off the cyclic. Not sure if I believe this but it is interesting. Could be some upgrades with the gyros. What will probably happen in reality is it will drift hard backward and to the left
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:19 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Looks like I'll have to now.. this and another V120D02S or should I wait for the V120D02SS to come out.... I must say the D02S is a fun heli at the flying field where I can let it loose..

But I have that third 2801pro coming along with the Genius,, hope it shows up when she isn't home..
I hereby solemnly declare that I am resigning from the one heli a month club. So far, I have done pretty well this year as I have not bought a single heli.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:25 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
DK, thank for your pictures. If you have time, please can you check whether the head, swashplate, main shaft and main gear are exactly the same as the Genius? I wonder whether it will be possible to mount the Genius Rx onto this new air frame?
Also Darryl if you are in a position to do so - it would be interesting to know weather the new mini CP will bind and work with the devo radios without telemetry particularly the Devo 6 and 7 which do not have the ability to upgrade

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I hereby solemnly declare that I am resigning from the one heli a month club. So far, I have done pretty well this year as I have not bought a single heli.
we're only 9 days into the year...lol
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:28 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Yes, I was definitely thinking of using the Genius canopy as it will also provide more room for brushless esc, etc. At this point it's all speculation as we don't have the main frame in our hands yet. *edit* Okay, just saw zadaw requesting confirmation.

Now, what is interesting is that Alishan said the mini-cp will return to a hover when hands are taken off the cyclic. Not sure if I believe this but it is interesting. Could be some upgrades with the gyros. What will probably happen in reality is it will drift hard backward and to the left
I'm sure they have fixed the back and to the left drift,, this one should go right and forward..