HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
No reason to, unless you shorted it out or overheated some other component.

Post a clear close up picture?
My camera would not give a useful close-up shot as required.
It is possible I got the chip to hot, put I didn't liquefy any of the other 7 pads on the chip. Also what if the wrong input polarity, got programed on the esc, could this cause a dead board? thank you
lent57 is offline Find More Posts by lent57
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:58 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacka View Post
Thanks for the advice. I managed to get the genius motor off the ground now and fly smoothly but the fly time is only 2:30 with just basic hovering. At the end of the flight I check the voltage on the Nano tech 300mah, it is 3.9v. I put the same battery on my mini pet quad heli. It flies fine doing flips and stuff. I have tried ordering some new battery connector for the rx board and resolder it to see if this is the problem.

Even with the motor off and I am spinning the pinion, the Genius motor spins very smooth and the Mini CP motor clicks around. No idea if this motor has any problem but I guess 2min runtime on the mini motor and 2:30 on the genius seems about right?

I cannot get the Mini CP motor to spin the rotor even one revolution freely. The Genius motor I can.
The mini CP motor cogs and that is normal. The Genius motor is cordless so it will turn free. It the the main shaft that you need to be concerned with creating extra drag. It should spin many times when spun lightly. And the gear mesh if too tight causes poor flight time.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:53 AM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The mini CP motor cogs and that is normal. The Genius motor is cordless so it will turn free. It the the main shaft that you need to be concerned with creating extra drag. It should spin many times when spun lightly. And the gear mesh if too tight causes poor flight time.
Thanks for the tip.

With the Genius motor in place and the rotor spins quite freely. I still get 2:30 flight time off a 300mah. I guess this part should be ok.

Anything else you can think off that can interfere with the flight time?
quacka is offline Find More Posts by quacka
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:18 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the tip.

With the Genius motor in place and the rotor spins quite freely. I still get 2:30 flight time off a 300mah. I guess this part should be ok.

Anything else you can think off that can interfere with the flight time?
Poor battery charger. The stock Walkera chargers only get the voltage to 4.10 to 4.14 volts. A good charger will run at least 15 to 20 minutes longer to fully charge the battery.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
I actually bought one of them 3 cable balance charger for this. I plugged them into my Swallow EQ charger and set it to 300mah 3.7v. Somehow it keep saying over voltage and it will not let me charge. Any idea why?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:09 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,154 Posts
Quote:
I actually bought one of them 3 cable balance charger for this. I plugged them into my Swallow EQ charger and set it to 300mah 3.7v. Somehow it keep saying over voltage and it will not let me charge. Any idea why?
Set it for 4.2V. These are real nice to have to check your voltage. 4.2v is a full charge around 3.8v is a good value after you ran a battery down.
http://www.ac-rc.com/product_info.ph...cf4sd8fic0kg86
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Last edited by Crash Survivor; Jan 23, 2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:55 AM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
I bought this cable and this battery checker
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...r-p-51891.html
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1s...m-p-26049.html

I cannot set my charger for 4.2. My charger automatically charges to 4.2v even if it is set to 3.7v. I jammed a battery into a plug not made for it to charge a battery as a test. After finishing charging via the stock charger. It still take another 20 minutes to charge it in the swallow charger. I really my multiple battery balance lead to work to charge more battery at once.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:46 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,168 Posts
Quote:
I bought this cable and this battery checker
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ba...r-p-51891.html
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1s...m-p-26049.html

I cannot set my charger for 4.2. My charger automatically charges to 4.2v even if it is set to 3.7v. I jammed a battery into a plug not made for it to charge a battery as a test. After finishing charging via the stock charger. It still take another 20 minutes to charge it in the swallow charger. I really my multiple battery balance lead to work to charge more battery at once.

The above cabe is to charge quantity 3, 1S Walkere LiPo's in SERIES. To use it, you must plug quantity 3, 1S Walkera LiPo into their mating connectors, and then charge all 3 LiPo's at the same time as a 3S LiPo Battery Pack. A fully charged 3S LiPo Battery Pack is 12.6V (i.e. 3 x 4.2 V = 12.6V).

Follow your Charger's procedure for "Balance Charging" a 3S LiPo Battery Pack.

That wire harness's fattest white connector mates to the Charger's balance plug, and the red connector mates to the Charger's main charge plug. The Charger should be programmed to charge a 3S LiPo Battery Pack (i.e. 12.6 V), with a maximum charge current no greater than the LiPo with the lowest recommended "C" charge rating.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:55 AM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Thanks i812. I can finally charge now with the new setting
I assume I still use the 300mah charge rate to charge three of the Nano-Tech 300mah lipos in series?
Edit: After 95 minutes on 300ma, the voltage is still 12.292v. I must be doing something wrong

Unfortunately even after charging it with a proper charger until it reaches 4.2v and swapping the motor out for a Genius motor. Still can only manage 3.5 minutes flight time. The heli was starting to loose power just after 2 minutes.

Out of curiosity, what voltage is everyone measuring at the end of their flights? Mines still saying 3.9v. I would of though the heli could handle until 3.5v or so at least.

With telemetry on, I noticed that when I throttled up to lift off. The battery goes from 3.9v to 3.5v or so. Is this normal?
Last edited by quacka; Jan 24, 2013 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Battery Charging
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:41 AM
Joined Apr 2009
188 Posts
IMHO usually the best approach is to have a charger which indicates how much mAh it actually charged into the battery. Then you can easily see how much you needed. The voltage indication can sometimes mislead a bit. But IMHO 3.9V unloaded after the flight is too high. But as said, it depends a bit on the lipo. This is why I recommend the procedure to measure how much you charge into the battery. Then you will really know, if the battery still had too much energy stored after the flight.
OiOi is offline Find More Posts by OiOi
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
882 Posts
Service life of main and tail motors?

Hi,
Can someone please let me know how long the brushed motors last?
Thanks.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:21 AM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
After a lot of mucking around. Resoldered the cable on the receiver about 3 times. The main board looks pretty much gone where the battery cables go in.

I just ordered another receiver and hope it will fix the problem.

Looking for another charger to supplement my Swallow EQ from Hobbyking. Any recommendations? Need something with storage mode and not too expensive. Paid $140 for my swallow about 2 years ago
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
135 Posts
I have the Imax B6 with a extrenal 12V 5A Power supply (from Ebay) in usage for my small 1S to 2S batteries

maybe not the best one from teh accurancy of the voltage, but I think for the price quite ok, and on the small helicopter the batteries are not so expensive.

I have a multi charger cable, so can charge up to 3* 2S Lipos in serial, which is ok. and a 4* charger cable for my Mini CP batteries

But take care, there are a lot of fake Imax B6, so look for a real one with the hologramm and the SN number you can check on the website

Rgds
crasy666
Crasy666 is offline Find More Posts by Crasy666
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:55 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,780 Posts
I have not been happy with flight times on the mini. The first 2 minutes are great, but then the head speed drops and the response is no longer crisp. I can fly for another 2 to 2-1/2 minutes, but with not nearly the power. I am using a 350mah battery.
I just installed a coreless motor for the SuperCP/Genius. Over a 4 minute flight, the head speed did not appear to change and was higher than the original motor. Response is much crisper due to the higher head speed. This is another alternative to going brushless.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:01 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
218 Posts
What is the weight of your Mini CP?
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new