HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:57 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
It will be a problem when Walkera decides to phase out this little bird in 6 months or so. If they won't use the same servos on the successor most will be SOL in a year or two.

So it has downsides.
with Walkera there's no telling what will happen. The new servos are a step in the right direction if you ask me though. now you can just buy a bunch of low priced servos to swap out. no turning tiny gears or sore pockets from buying servos.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:07 AM
Greece, Attica, Nea Ionia
Joined Feb 2011
497 Posts
10a esc oversky for mcpx

Hi,my friend solder the signal wire on the minis rx at the 1 pin,like the photo describes ,but now when i start the throttle its reversed,when i have throttle on top the esc stops and when i get down starts reverse the throttle on tx works ok but only the main motor the tail motor is still reverse!
i have to reverse the input polarity with the usb?
What is the polarity negative or positive at the settings ? i have it on negative on walkera oversky 10a,and the same at this oversky for mcpx, is this the problem?
it needs positive ?or something else its wrong?
thomasprevere is offline Find More Posts by thomasprevere
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:13 AM
Joined Apr 2009
188 Posts
Just a short question: Where are the "dumb" servos available for $4?
OiOi is offline Find More Posts by OiOi
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Feb 2011
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasprevere View Post
Hi,my friend solder the signal wire on the minis rx at the 1 pin,like the photo describes ,but now when i start the throttle its reversed,when i have throttle on top the esc stops and when i get down starts reverse the throttle on tx works ok but only the main motor the tail motor is still reverse!
What is the polarity negative or positive at the settings ? i have it on negative on walkera oversky 10a,and the same at this oversky for mcpx, is this the problem?
I think that i answer my own question

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=4416003
12. PWM input signal is like PWM output mentioned in 10 in terms of modulation for throttling but this setting is for input signal. The amount of throttle sent to brushed motor is determined by how long full power pulses are sent as opposed to how long zero power pulses are sent. Most ESCs run neg-ground which means pos voltage refers to ON. Some ESCs run pos-ground which means zero voltage refers to ON. If you have this setting wrong, zero throttle will be interpreted as 100% throttle and vice verse and everything in between. It won't kill the ESC.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:28 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,180 Posts
Quote:
If you solder on the back:

1. Set ESC PWM polarity to positive, signal tapped on the back IS POSITIVE.
2. Keep THR channel normal, not reverser.

Tail has nothing to do with THR channel if you use the stock tail setup, that is controller by the gyro.

You should read the whole thread on HF, the one started by me, because at the time I had probably the same issues as you.
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
497 Posts
Quote:

Tail has nothing to do with THR channel if you use the stock tail setup, that is controller by the gyro.

You should read the whole thread on HF, the one started by me, because at the time I had probably the same issues as you.
Thanks, i understand it now, i will reverse polarity to positive and the oversky 10a for mcpx ,will be run properly on mini!!!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Oct 2012
120 Posts
Hallo OiOi

Sorry Not 4$ maybe some Cent more you get it for 3,69Ä so approx 4,50$ at http://www.rcmaster.de/de-servo-wk-0...10-p232948.htm don't get confused by the Domain .de it is a Dealer from China, but we have got experience with them, Even fast answers and Shipping costs are fair, Pendant if you want express or cheap w longer Time.

Rgds
Wolfgang

Edition Thema Link is not working note as plain text to copy it in the browser

http://www.rcmaster.de/de-servo-wk-02-5-f%c3%bcr-walkera-super-cp-hm-super-fp-z-10-p232948.htm
Crasy666 is offline Find More Posts by Crasy666
Last edited by Crasy666; Jan 19, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:13 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,102 Posts
Just tested the 14'000kv Hobby King motor. It’s hotter than the HP05S, but was disappointed, because I was looking for longer flight times. At a flat 95% TC I could get a little over 3 minutes on the HP05S but had to lower to 85% on the 14'000kv Hobby King motor to get a little over. But even at 85% it doesn’t bog until after a little over 3 minutes. I’m using the 350ma FULLRIVER batteries that are stock for the V100D08 & a 8T pinion on both motors. It's one sweet little motor very powerful.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25435
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Last edited by Crash Survivor; Jan 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined Feb 2011
497 Posts
Quote:

Mini cp with oversky 10a esc mcpx solder on pin 1 like photo describes works just fine!!!!
I am very happy with my mini!!!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
HK 10a esc

Quote:
Mini cp with oversky 10a esc mcpx solder on pin 1 like photo describes works just fine!!!!
I am very happy with my mini!!!
I taped pin 2 on mini cp rx and it bricked it?
lent57 is offline Find More Posts by lent57
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:21 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lent57 View Post
I taped pin 2 on mini cp rx and it bricked it?
No reason to, unless you shorted it out or overheated some other component.

Post a clear close up picture?
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:00 AM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Ok
After buying a secondhand mini cp and see the battery doesn't last long during flight. I decided to take some people advise and resolder the battery terminal. It still doesn;t last long in flights. Around 1 min to 1:30.

I now take a fresh battery from my new quad copter which flies well over 6 minutes to test. It is rated at 300mah and it still only last 50 seconds only. The heli cannot even lifted off any more. I put this on my new battery tester, it stats it is at 3.9v. You guys think the main board is stuffed?

I just replaced the tail boom and got a spare genius cp motor and main gear here. Should I try it?

I just bought a Genius v1 cheap, should be coming in the next few days. I can try the battery from that to see the flight time difference.
quacka is offline Find More Posts by quacka
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:41 AM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Just tried the Genius motor. Even worse, the heli dont even lift and the telmentry went from 4.0v to 3.5v almost immediately.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:06 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacka View Post
Just tried the Genius motor. Even worse, the heli dont even lift and the telmentry went from 4.0v to 3.5v almost immediately.
With the motor off, if you spin the main rotor, does it spin freely with no friction. It should spin many times if you give it a good flick. When the motor it install any you turn the main gear, check for drag cashed by improper gear mesh. If the main and pinion are too tight, it will create excessive friction. You need a little play between the 2 gears. Check at many points around the main gear as they are not always perfectly round.
The genius motor will not start as easily as the mini because it is a careless motor and the friction problem would be worse with it.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:59 PM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I managed to get the genius motor off the ground now and fly smoothly but the fly time is only 2:30 with just basic hovering. At the end of the flight I check the voltage on the Nano tech 300mah, it is 3.9v. I put the same battery on my mini pet quad heli. It flies fine doing flips and stuff. I have tried ordering some new battery connector for the rx board and resolder it to see if this is the problem.

Even with the motor off and I am spinning the pinion, the Genius motor spins very smooth and the Mini CP motor clicks around. No idea if this motor has any problem but I guess 2min runtime on the mini motor and 2:30 on the genius seems about right?

I cannot get the Mini CP motor to spin the rotor even one revolution freely. The Genius motor I can.