SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
I have also read that some FET go bad after usage (have no experience of that my self) that will give you low efficency of motor.
I checked mostfet (6890A) that locates at the opposite of motor connectors.
With only 30sec full throttle, temperature of the mosfet is increased by 50degree(C) where the motor temperature is only 27degress(C).

Is it normal?

I'm worry that mosfet is just heated and do not provide enough current to a main motor.
harmony is offline Find More Posts by harmony
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:31 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Hey guys,

Been loving the minicp recently, it seems invincible providing you hit TH and don't land hard on the tail.

So time to go brushless is here and wondering what pinion would be best for the c05m 1300kv for best torque. Top speed isn't all that important as it's very fast already, just flight times and lack of bog is my goal. Also was just going to drop in the 4g3 esc from terrence at Jade. Is this a bad idea as I see lots of people using the heli esc flash kits?
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:57 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony View Post
I checked mostfet (6890A) that locates at the opposite of motor connectors.
With only 30sec full throttle, temperature of the mosfet is increased by 50degree(C) where the motor temperature is only 27degress(C).

Is it normal?

I'm worry that mosfet is just heated and do not provide enough current to a main motor.
If your worried or want to improve it either stack mosfets or get better spec ones and stack them!! or just go brushless and have whole new set of worries
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:50 PM
Joined Oct 2012
131 Posts
But which owner of a mini co has changed to different servos? And what are the alternative? Maybe on a120 size it makes sense
Crasy666 is online now Find More Posts by Crasy666
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2009
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666 View Post
But which owner of a mini co has changed to different servos? And what are the alternative? Maybe on a120 size it makes sense
This surely is a point for discussion. Probably most people never mounted any other servos, than the Walkera ones. And actually theoretically the new Servos should be cheaper. But as I saw, e.g. 711 sells them for the same price. So the advantage for the end user in this relation is not really there.

From the basic principle it is IMHO just a consequent further progress in the mini size range, for there every gram counts...and the servos are still easily exchangeable, not like in the helis with the servos integrated on the PCB.
And from a theoretical view, it actually does IMHO make more sense to have the electronic in the RX and not in every servo. As like that you can keep the delays lower.
The big disadvantage is surely that it only works with the corresponding servos.
OiOi is offline Find More Posts by OiOi
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:19 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
chinejade has servo's cheaper $6.00 maybe even wasp servo's could work too $4.00
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:44 PM
Joined May 2012
125 Posts
Super CP's and wasp's servos from chinesejade won't fit because they have 5 wires instead of 3 and no electronics inside, everything is on the 3 in 1. The best alternative servos so far are hobbyking 5320 servos. They weight less and are more crash-resistant in my experience. However, you need to flip two wires in the connector and re-solder 4 wires inside each servo. You will also need spacers, because they are a bit smaller than the originals. Performance is the same.
Mig_31 is offline Find More Posts by Mig_31
Last edited by Mig_31; Jan 18, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:55 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig_31 View Post
Super CP's and wasp's servos from chinesejade won't fit because they have 5 wires instead of 3 and no electronics inside, everything is on the 3 in 1. The best alternative servos so far are hobbyking 5320 servos. They weight less and are more crash-resistant in my experience. However, you need to flip two wires in the connector and re-solder 4 wires inside each servo. You will also need spacers, because they are a bit smaller than the originals. Performance is the same.
head was miles away, Supercp servo's. And yes HK ones work well on my GCP once i swapped wire to pot around
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:21 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OiOi View Post
I would also be interested, if there's now actually anyone who has tested this 14'000kv HK motor on the MiniCP. And if, what were the results?
Got mine installed & ready to test tomorrow. Been running my MCP with a HP05S awesome but only 3 minutes flight time. Spooled up the 14'000kv HK in my hand & appears powerfully. Just hope my flight times improve & still have plenty of power. Magnets on the HP05S are really strong, can't even turn the blades by hand without feeling like you have a bad shaft, but you can with the 14'000kv HK.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:41 PM
Joined Apr 2012
15 Posts
Hey guys, at what voltage should I set my TX to have long battery life? I've read different numbers. 3.6 or 3.4? I'm using the Walkera 350 MaH batteries.
JStack is offline Find More Posts by JStack
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:34 AM
Joined Oct 2012
131 Posts
The super cp servo cost only 4$ so I see no real need for after market servo.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:13 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Quote:
The super cp servo cost only 4$ so I see no real need for after market servo.
It'll be very hard to find after market "dumb" servos, probably impossible.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:03 AM
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStack View Post
Hey guys, at what voltage should I set my TX to have long battery life? I've read different numbers. 3.6 or 3.4? I'm using the Walkera 350 MaH batteries.
If your TX supports a telemetry function, I believe that you can set your TX at 3.4V. You should remember that 3.4V is not a voltage at the ground but voltage in flight. When your battery indicates 3.4V in flight, if you land it, the voltage will be increased. However, do not fly the heli again.
harmony is offline Find More Posts by harmony
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:40 AM
Joined Oct 2012
131 Posts
Yes to get cheaper servos than4$ will be hard but I see that as the advantage of the super CP that the servo are cheap so no need to search for after market servo and if the function is ok I don't care if this have there own controller or not.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:20 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Yes to get cheaper servos than4$ will be hard but I see that as the advantage of the super CP that the servo are cheap so no need to search for after market servo and if the function is ok I don't care if this have there own controller or not.
It will be a problem when Walkera decides to phase out this little bird in 6 months or so. If they won't use the same servos on the successor most will be SOL in a year or two.

So it has downsides.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp