SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:36 PM
Registered User
Crasy666's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
136 Posts
Hi,

since my C05m 13000kV is still in transit, I got another package today from Asia, the HP05s 14000kV, and it is a monster, no comparison to the C05m 11000kV I had before on the Oversky ESC, maybe to much for the basement room But it make a lot of fun, need to try it outside, or find a sport hall to fly indoor.

I soldered the wires from the HP05s direct on the ESC (the c05m were connected with 1,5mm gold plugs and some short wires) so the wigth with canopy stays the same, 38,5g w/o battery (before 38,7g w c05m).

but I still want to try the HK 14000kV and the C05m 13000kV, for indoor I feel the HP05s is too much.

but for somebody looking for Power, it is amazing and the 7mm tail seems to be still ok, at least for the first test tonight.

Rgds
Crasy666 is online now Find More Posts by Crasy666
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Nea Ionia
Joined Feb 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Those flight times seem about right. I run 100% throttle & timer set for 3 minutes. Then land a little after & batteries are at upper 3.77 to 3.8. I have an old V100D08 & the stock batteries fit the MCP tray perfect. Also took the tail motor off of V100D08 which keeps the tail rock solid on the MCP. The GCP main gear I heard is a better gear ratio with a BL setup.
HM-V100D08-Z-10: Battery 3.7v 350mAh 25C for Walkera V100D08 Helicopters
http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-v100d08-z-10_battery.aspx
i try 2 nano 300mah in parallel and mini with 100 %throttle and pitch pumps give me 5 minutes on air,then the same problem.... lose power! telemetry writes 3.3v but my battery volts is 3.85 !!! the lvc is the reason?
thomasprevere is offline Find More Posts by thomasprevere
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:56 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Nea Ionia
Joined Feb 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Yes, HK needs signal from a FET on mini RX and not from the motor plug. But is an easy job if you can solder (don't see why anyone couldn't solder tbh).
I am not expert in soldering and this esc is very small,but if someone can tell me or post a photo to see the fet and the cable on, then i ll try it or i will go to a store to solder it for me
thomasprevere is offline Find More Posts by thomasprevere
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:51 PM
Deviant
sbstnp's Avatar
Joined Jul 2012
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasprevere View Post
I am not expert in soldering and this esc is very small,but if someone can tell me or post a photo to see the fet and the cable on, then i ll try it or i will go to a store to solder it for me
It's on the previous page, please DO read this thread, it's full of fantastic information.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Nea Ionia
Joined Feb 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666 View Post
but the ESC from Hobbyking doesn't work out of the box on the negative main motor connector of the Mini CP RX, there is a hardware difference between the real WK customized Oversky 10A ESC and this one from Hobbyking (or the same from Oversky for the MCPx) I have both and can confirm that the HK doesn't work, there is a resistor different on the input, but since I burned my HK ESC, I need to wait for the new one to double check)

to get the HK ESC working on the Mini CP you need to solder the input on this pin 1 or 2:

see also the separate thread for the Oversky ESC

I hope to try if that resistor mod / capacitor removal will work to modify a HK ESC to a "real" Oversky 10A ESC working on the Mini CP.

Rgds
crasy666
Did you mean this page? I have to solder the signal cable to this transistor like photo 1or 2 thats all? i have to resolder the signal wire and solder there?
thomasprevere is offline Find More Posts by thomasprevere
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:14 PM
Deviant
sbstnp's Avatar
Joined Jul 2012
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasprevere View Post
Did you mean this page? I have to solder the signal cable to this transistor like photo 1or 2 thats all? i have to resolder the signal wire and solder there?
Signal cable there. That's all. If you need a plug-and-play solution solder a separate wire with a plug attached, this way you can remove the ESC if you need to.

But don't forget every gram counts on these little birds. I personally solder everything down and get rid of the connectors. Shaves a few grams in the end.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:26 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Nea Ionia
Joined Feb 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Signal cable there. That's all. If you need a plug-and-play solution solder a separate wire with a plug attached, this way you can remove the ESC if you need to.

But don't forget every gram counts on these little birds. I personally solder everything down and get rid of the connectors. Shaves a few grams in the end.
Did you make this modification and works ok? its better to solder on 1 or 2 position ?
THANK YOU AGAIN
thomasprevere is offline Find More Posts by thomasprevere
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mike
miketre's Avatar
Joined Dec 2010
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasy666 View Post
but the ESC from Hobbyking doesn't work out of the box on the negative main motor connector of the Mini CP RX, there is a hardware difference between the real WK customized Oversky 10A ESC and this one from Hobbyking (or the same from Oversky for the MCPx) I have both and can confirm that the HK doesn't work, there is a resistor different on the input, but since I burned my HK ESC, I need to wait for the new one to double check)

to get the HK ESC working on the Mini CP you need to solder the input on this pin 1 or 2:

see also the separate thread for the Oversky ESC

I hope to try if that resistor mod / capacitor removal will work to modify a HK ESC to a "real" Oversky 10A ESC working on the Mini CP.

Rgds
crasy666
Thanks Crasy666. I rummaged through my parts bin and saw that I have the OverSky xp7a ESC mCP-x (original wires).

- Is this like the HK ESC too?
- my ESC don't have the single black wire to tap the signal. Do i use the white wire from the 3 wire servo lead?
- my ESC has only 1 power lead, while the proper one has 2: one batt input and one batter output. I suppose this are just connected in parallel right?
miketre is offline Find More Posts by miketre
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:21 AM
Deviant
sbstnp's Avatar
Joined Jul 2012
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasprevere View Post
Did you make this modification and works ok? its better to solder on 1 or 2 position ?
THANK YOU AGAIN
Whichever is more easy to you, same traces on the RX. I had solder it on both, and find 2 is a bit easier.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:13 PM
Registered User
Greece, Attica, Nea Ionia
Joined Feb 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
Whichever is more easy to you, same traces on the RX. I had solder it on both, and find 2 is a bit easier.
Thank you for your help and also all members that help in this forum !
Did anyone get of from rx the LVC?
thomasprevere is offline Find More Posts by thomasprevere
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:45 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,196 Posts
So, im having some issues with my mini, It keeps pulling of to the right. Very noticeable if you try to hover it as the longer you avoid giving it aileron input the more it tilts to the right.

Now, my first suspicion on this was the swash, but that isnt the case. Even with the swash tilted to the left it eventually ends up drifting to the right. Only difference is on how it acts on takeof.

Could this be some bug in the 1.3 firmware or is it the gyro thats messed up? i only have very minor vibrations with the brushed setup.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:21 AM
Registered User
Crasy666's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasprevere View Post
Did anyone get of from rx the LVC?
you need to bridge that resistor on the "top back" side of the RX that will eliminate the LVC, but also show wrong value on the telemetry (of course the same ADC input used on the processor.

see the attached photo, sorry need to take a photo from the German heli board:

That works perfect, 4:30min on a HP05S with 5400 RPM and 260mAh consumption out of the HK 300mAh 45c battery

Rgds
crasy666
Crasy666 is online now Find More Posts by Crasy666
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
24 Posts
does this work with the mini or the high C will fry it? the connector seems to be correct

on a second look, it seems the leads need swapping, but the question on the discharge rate continues
DantHimself is offline Find More Posts by DantHimself
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:41 AM
Deviant
sbstnp's Avatar
Joined Jul 2012
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DantHimself View Post
does this work with the mini or the high C will fry it? the connector seems to be correct

on a second look, it seems the leads need swapping, but the question on the discharge rate continues
Discharge rate/capacity DOES NOT FRY ANYTHING.

It's a measure of how much current a device can pull from a battery. The device must ASK for this current, it's not a torrent flowing over you.

And yes, leads need swapping.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:58 AM
Registered User
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
So, im having some issues with my mini, It keeps pulling of to the right. Very noticeable if you try to hover it as the longer you avoid giving it aileron input the more it tilts to the right.

Now, my first suspicion on this was the swash, but that isnt the case. Even with the swash tilted to the left it eventually ends up drifting to the right. Only difference is on how it acts on takeof.

Could this be some bug in the 1.3 firmware or is it the gyro thats messed up? i only have very minor vibrations with the brushed setup.
Update, its definitely not vibrations. With the main/tail motors disconnected the swash still slowly but constantly tilts to the right, even happens when i hold it tilted. Its as if the rx is constantly getting a aileron right signal when its receiving a throttle signal.

This is very strange and i even tried using a completely new model slot on my 7e with the same issue.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9859 Dec 04, 2014 12:01 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 15 Dec 03, 2014 12:27 PM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 12:38 PM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 08:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 06:07 PM