HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:42 PM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
If you are talking about CCW yaw drift link below works on the GCP. It took around -15 for me & I set it to activate by gear switch. Didn't use it much cause I didn't do a lot of hovering & while flying you don't notice it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2499
Yup that's what I'm referring to. It's frustrating.

Anyone know how to do this on deviation firmware? I'm really tx stupid.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:24 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
Yup that's what I'm referring to. It's frustrating.

Anyone know how to do this on deviation firmware? I'm really tx stupid.
It should be a sticky at the top of this thread,,,,,set up a program mix ,,main motor and the tail is the slave ,,,different values for each heli but mine was like -6 ,,just have a look its quite easy just play with the value of the mix.
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:17 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic k2 View Post
It should be a sticky at the top of this thread,,,,,set up a program mix ,,main motor and the tail is the slave ,,,different values for each heli but mine was like -6 ,,just have a look its quite easy just play with the value of the mix.
He is talking about the deviation firmware/hacked firmware that will support more helis. I haven't tried it yet so you may be right that it's quite easy with that firmware also.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Haven't proved it yet but has anyone tried the Oversky 7mm tail motor?
I put one on my GCP with a HP05 main & it's like crazy can't even fly around normal. My friend put one on his MCP with a C05M & having issues. Got a MCP with a Walkera-Parts-HM-V120D06-Z-09 7mm tail motor I pulled off of my V100D08 & it's awesome. Ordered 4 more Walkera-Parts-HM-V120D06-Z-09 7mm tail motors to see if that's the issue.
All of a sudden today I have CW drift instead of CCW. Frustrating.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:23 PM
Things that do fly
In my house ;-) The uk
Joined Dec 2008
2,712 Posts
Quote:
He is talking about the deviation firmware/hacked firmware that will support more helis. I haven't tried it yet so you may be right that it's quite easy with that firmware also.
Ye its the same all over i think,,my old 35mhz futabaTx does the same thing but its called REVO in the menue and is just used to help tune the tail or you could add a servo into the mix if the heli went a certain direction when you punch the throttle hard ,just say when you did pitch pumps the heli would go up and to the left or up and forward you put the servo into the mix and when you punch the gas it moves a servo the right amount to make the heli stable
Magic k2 is offline Find More Posts by Magic k2
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadrobbi View Post
I was looking fot mini cp with devo 8s,I mail banggood , see the answer:

"Dear friend,
Thank you for your mail and sorry to make you confused.
We found that we would lost money if we sold $274,so we change to an normally price.
Hope you can understand.
Have a nice day.
Best "

If you find for a good price again , please let me know...I want to by one....
Check wowhobbies.
They will sell a mini cp with devo 8S on Black Friday.
Only $219.99 + shipping cost.
This is the best deal that I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, here is not US. I cannot buy it
Although wow provides an international shipping, the shipping cost is very expensive.....
harmony is offline Find More Posts by harmony
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,659 Posts
Yeah. $219 for the miniCP and Devo 8S combo is great. If not only for the TX alone. Buy a TX, get a Mini CP for free.

The Genius CP with Devo 8S combo is like $199.

So tempting, since I will be driving by them this weekend. Already stopped into their office last Sat and purchased a bunch of canopy.

They all are the same shape and fits on the Mini CP BTW.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:04 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,510 Posts
Cool line up. I have Genius C/P/ Super F/P and just may get a Mini C/P.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:00 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,213 Posts
Is there any international store other then wowhobbies that will run black friday offers on walkera stuff?
Im on the hunt for a devo 10 or 8.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Nov 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Is there any international store other then wowhobbies that will run black friday offers on walkera stuff?
Im on the hunt for a devo 10 or 8.
Seems unlikely since thanksgiving and black Friday are pretty much American
quikster is offline Find More Posts by quikster
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:49 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Hi guys.
I'm using a devo7E with this heli and wanted to get away from the stock settings it has from banggood but having a bit of trouble. It flies awesome but the issue I'm getting is regarding the pitch curve. I set the low to -100 pitch and it gives me 87.5 only. When I check in the menu it says 100% but the onscreen readout says 87.5 at lowest point.

In normal mode it when set to zero pitch, the tx gives me -12.5%. Medium and high points, dual rates and expo all seem fine. If anyone can help me put this in flip mode I'd be super grateful, i'm gagging to try something funky with it.
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microrcfiend View Post
Hi guys.
I'm using a devo7E with this heli and wanted to get away from the stock settings it has from banggood but having a bit of trouble. It flies awesome but the issue I'm getting is regarding the pitch curve. I set the low to -100 pitch and it gives me 87.5 only. When I check in the menu it says 100% but the onscreen readout says 87.5 at lowest point.

In normal mode it when set to zero pitch, the tx gives me -12.5%. Medium and high points, dual rates and expo all seem fine. If anyone can help me put this in flip mode I'd be super grateful, i'm gagging to try something funky with it.
Let me guess, you have 87.5 % throttle set at lowest stick position?
Also i wouldn't recommend 100% pitch travel with the stock motor. Its going to bog down badly.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:24 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Yeah, sorry if i'm slow on the understanding why.

I made a new model instead of trying to change a copy of the provided and the phantom 12.5% is now gone but neither normal or stunt mode give me a stable take off. I'd love to actually understand what my blunder is though.

I'm ready for some basic 3D and some fast flying outside, is there a pitch and throttle curve you can recommend? Ideally I would like normal mode to be no negative pitch so friends can fly it similar to a fixed pitch style and 3D mode nice and aggressive to grow into now I got some spares on stand by
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:37 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,213 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, sorry if i'm slow on the understanding why.

I made a new model instead of trying to change a copy of the provided and the phantom 12.5% is now gone but neither normal or stunt mode give me a stable take off. I'd love to actually understand what my blunder is though.

I'm ready for some basic 3D and some fast flying outside, is there a pitch and throttle curve you can recommend? Ideally I would like normal mode to be no negative pitch so friends can fly it similar to a fixed pitch style and 3D mode nice and aggressive to grow into now I got some spares on stand by
There should be some 3d settings in the setup thread. As for the ghost 12.5 the tx only displays the throttle and not the pitch percent. so the original settings likly had a throttle curve that capped at 87.5. It is also possible that stock settings had changes in the travel adjust menu.
Last edited by Xermalk; Nov 23, 2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:11 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys.

Have you checked what pitch you have with a pitch gauge or some other method. This heli does not require 100% pitch on either positive or negative. You will probably have bind before it ever got to the 100%. You could end up with well over 20 degrees pitch at 100%.
BThirsk is online now Find More Posts by BThirsk