Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
I am the one who posted about the servos getting stuck at full travel
when you plug in the heli but after they bind they are OK.
This is posted on here and helifreak. I also made a video of it.
It happens with any color sharpie mark on the servo plug.
Even happens with no sharpie mark which I have one now in my Mini CP.

Tom
Mine was a little different case. It stuck at full travel after the heli was bound and flying. I just landed, change FM from normal to ST1 and when I went to take off, the heli listed to the side badly. I rebound and no difference. The servo on the left side was stuck at the top. I could not move it by hand and the stick had no effect.
It works now just fine after taking appart and putting back together. I did not fix or change anything.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:23 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Some of these servos have problems but we were not able to fiqure out why.
That is interesting how you took yours apart, put it back together, and it works fine.

Here is the servo jump problem I posted before.

Walkera Mini CP - See description below (0 min 10 sec)

Problem: Servos jumping upward to there fullest travel when the heli battery is plugged in.
These are the new version servos with the black sharpie marks on the servo plugs.
The front servo is the older version servo and it is working fine, it does not jump like the new version servos do.
This happens when I plug in the heli and then turn on the TX and bind. It also happens after I bind and unplug the battery then plug it back in.
If I replace the two new version servos with the older version servos I have then they work fine, no jumping. All 3 servos operate as they should.
Note: This also happens when the heli is level. I tilled it to shot the video for the best angle.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:03 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
I just received the full upgrade kit from Dylan at Astroid Designs. I will install the new ESC, main motor and tail motor (using his new tail mount) and get a chance to test fly her before the weekend. Unfortunately, I will be in Palm Springs on Sunday so I won't have to chance to get the heli to Manny for some real 3D testing. Bummer. I can hardly wait to see what she can do in his hands. Tom is right about the 3D capabilities of the heli after a few mods though. I did install the higher output C05 and the 7mm tail motor and let Manny go at it. It definitely is way better for 3D flight and it does inverted funnels now (after flashing the updated firmware) with no problems. Nice.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Some of these servos have problems but we were not able to fiqure out why.
That is interesting how you took yours apart, put it back together, and it works fine.

Here is the servo jump problem I posted before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNTGuCanlM4

Problem: Servos jumping upward to there fullest travel when the heli battery is plugged in.
These are the new version servos with the black sharpie marks on the servo plugs.
The front servo is the older version servo and it is working fine, it does not jump like the new version servos do.
This happens when I plug in the heli and then turn on the TX and bind. It also happens after I bind and unplug the battery then plug it back in.
If I replace the two new version servos with the older version servos I have then they work fine, no jumping. All 3 servos operate as they should.
Note: This also happens when the heli is level. I tilled it to shot the video for the best angle.

Tom
I must have the old version as mine do not jump at all. I have my TH set to flat line zero pitch and set it before unplugging the heli and always bind with it set so my servos always start and end at zero pitch. When the heli binds, I just have to wait 4 or 5 seconds until I think it is ready because I have not blade movement once bound. Mine also don't have the sharpy marks.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:51 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Good idea, I just tried it but as soon as I connect the battery to the heli the servo jumps like in my video and it stays there until the bind is completed.

Tom
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
1 Posts
Hi, Im new here. Can i use the 4#3b motor on mini cp? Thanks.
oyoboy is offline Find More Posts by oyoboy
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:16 AM
Joined Apr 2010
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
does it NOT have a horizontal stabilizer?
That 'horizontal stabilizer' does absolutely nothing at all on any heli. It's just a design-part for the support rods.
Technica is online now Find More Posts by Technica
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:43 AM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
204 Posts
Hi guys,

Haven't posted in this thread in some time. I wanted to ask, is 3 1/2 minutes on a C05M Mini CP w/ 350mah lipo okay?

Also, I resoldered my battery-RX connection and I used these connectors (same ones connecting my motor to ESC). They fit perfectly with the middle connection snipped off. Can these connectors handle the power?
Couchking is online now Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:53 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technica View Post
That 'horizontal stabilizer' does absolutely nothing at all on any heli. It's just a design-part for the support rods.
On a full scale heli it actually do.
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
rotor vibration

Can anyone tell me why I am getting a rotor head vibration at low rpm? I was trying some 3d the other day and landed on the head and all of a sudden I have a low speed vibration. I tried replacing the blades but that didn't help. Do i need to replace the main shaft? Any insight? I tried googling it and using search on rcg but I couldn't find an answer. Maybe I am using the wrong keywords. "walkera mini cp rotor vibration".

Thanks,

Justin
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
Can anyone tell me why I am getting a rotor head vibration at low rpm? I was trying some 3d the other day and landed on the head and all of a sudden I have a low speed vibration. I tried replacing the blades but that didn't help. Do i need to replace the main shaft? Any insight? I tried googling it and using search on rcg but I couldn't find an answer. Maybe I am using the wrong keywords. "walkera mini cp rotor vibration".

Thanks,

Justin
Possibly vertical play in the main shaft? It can hardly be the main shaft, its carbon fiber so it doesn't bend. Unless it is like a limp noodle. It could be other things like a bent feathering shaft or a crack in the rotor head but I've never got a low speed vibration from those.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:17 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
The CF main shaft can bend. There are posts about this by dkfuji. It mostly happens crashing inverted which bends the shaft a bit.
I didn't now this could happen with CF.

Tom
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
The CF main shaft can bend. There are posts about this by dkfuji. It mostly happens crashing inverted which bends the shaft a bit.
I didn't now this could happen with CF.

Tom
Thanks Tom I'll try that. It's cheap enough.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Your welcome.
I think you bent your main shaft.
You can also check this. Power up the heli and look straight down on the head button and give it throttle.
Start from low throttle and work your way up. If the main shaft is bent you will see the button wobble.

If not possibly vertical play in the main shaft like flint723 said. Make sure there
is no up and down play if so check that the main gear is pressed all the way up.
If it is then your main collar must have slipped. Loosen it and slide it back down and tighten the collar.

Tom
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:05 PM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Found the posts on CF main shaft bending.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=289

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4760

Tom