HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:09 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAir View Post
Does anyone know what size the canopy support rod is going into the servo holder?

I'm ordering some square carbon for the boom I might as well get the canopy rod. I've also heard of gluing a 1 inch 1mm rod to the back of the servo holder instead. Not sure if this is stronger I haven't tried this.
It's 1mm. I'm gluing the whole boom length inside and it becomes very very resilient, but eventually I broke a frame and just CA'd the boom in. Around 40 flights and some 30 light crashes later both are still in one piece.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Thanks! Seems like the tail boom and servo holder are weak links on this heli. Other than that this little heli is very resilient!
PeteAir is offline Find More Posts by PeteAir
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:08 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! Seems like the tail boom and servo holder are weak links on this heli. Other than that this little heli is very resilient!
I would say just the boom, expected though as it splits longitudinally. I only managed to break one servo holder, the canopy pin shoulder thing, but it was a very very bad crash on concrete. I'm at around 300 something flights on this little bird and abusing it to no end.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know what size the canopy support rod is going into the servo holder?
The Canopy Support Rod(s) is(are) 1mm diameter

The Canopy Support Rods don't go all the way through the Servo Holder, instead there are two rods that are attached to the sides of the Servo Holder. When the stock Canopy Support Rods break off the Servo Holder, instead of trying to attach two Rods (one to each side of the Servo Holder), it is easier to Hot Glue one long Canopy Support Rod on to the top back surface of the Servo Holder. The CF Rod is stronger and will last much longer than the stock plastic Servo Holder - Canopy Support Rods. After the Canopy Support/Servo Holder mod is performed, pretty much the only repairs that will be required to the Servo Holder will be to re-glue the CF Support Rod after a forceful impact.

Edit: I wrote this post before reading the above replies.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Oct 11, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Servo issue? (2 min 51 sec)

MIni CP servo or gyro problem? (1 min 50 sec)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSX5gLongno[/url
mini cp servo shaiking (0 min 21 sec)

Please someone help me!
Please tell me how to contact walkera
I have already write email for them
But in vain!
andy6622 is offline Find More Posts by andy6622
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:57 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,102 Posts
Contact who you bought it from. Try unplugging one servo at a time & test it. May be one bad servo & if so have who ever you bought it from send you a replacement servo, if not set up an RMA with them.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,071 Posts
It looks like you've done electrical mods to the RX.

If so, please describe what all electrical mods have you done to it.

BTW, it might be easier and safer to investigate and troubleshoot if you use Throttle Hold to turn off the Motors before using the TX EL, AIL, and Pitch stick movements.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Oct 12, 2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added BTW
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
http://www.buychina.com/items/bolt-t...le-qwutsusjqjp check out this esc for the mini! bl heli software ready too!

here is one that shows exactly how to hook it up http://www.buychina.com/items/origin...al-rtpomrsolnk
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:46 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Hi everyone, I finally got all the things I needed, new servo (before that came a member here sent me some spare gears so I could be up and running, that's whats up indoorheli!) new leads for the battery since they got so short, soldered them the back, everything looks great, multimeter check, I put this puppy back together and now the tail wont work. I swapped the connector from the bottom to top just to rule out if the motor or wires went bad, works fine when I apply throttle. I put the tail connector back on the bottom area and it doesn't work. I tried the various configs I have on my Devo 7 to rule out and transmitter issue, but it does that in all configurations. I checked the board good to see if there is some solder or maybe if I screwed up some tiny component, but from my eyes I can't really tell. Where on the board should I look other than the connector that might be the cause of this?
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
http://www.buychina.com/items/bolt-t...le-qwutsusjqjp check out this esc for the mini! bl heli software ready too!

here is one that shows exactly how to hook it up http://www.buychina.com/items/origin...al-rtpomrsolnk
On HK, backordered, with MCPX connectors though:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._100_etc_.html

The instructions are pulled from overskyrc's site.

An a buddy code for the Oversky 10A V3, on HK too:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...8-03491BCFD028
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
I think it is the reciever problem !
I replace the new servo on but in vain!
Look :
Mini CP 發瘋了-1 (0 min 22 sec)

Mini CP 發瘋了-2(用其它主板測試) (0 min 36 sec)

but I can not sure that it is the reciever problem!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Itsmillertime, or anyone else who might know. I want to get a esc that is capable to run the blheli on the minicp. I dont know which esc to get though. Should I get the 3amp esc and double up on the fets or whatever or should I get the 7amp? Another thing is if the torque pre-compensation on the blheli software will fix the tail from blowing out? I will be using a re-wind c05 motor and it blows the tail out now. Or should I et the 7mm tail motor or should I get another esc and run a brushless tail?? Also if anyone knows is the walkera brushless tail motor from the double brushless kit is more or less weight and power then the hp03? I have a walkera tail motor and wondering if I should install it once I get the blheli software going.

My rewound c05 with thicker wire is stronger then the asteroid prototype c05. I am wondering if the blheli software running governor mode will let the walkera brushless tail motor shine or not. I dont have the money to be shelling out on a hp03 tail and xtra esc if a 7mm tail will work or if making a longer boom or if with the blheli torque pre-compensation mode turned on. This is the pre-comp mode here
BLHeli mCP X - torque pre-compensation (4 min 45 sec)
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Oct 2012
6 Posts
IT seems like reciever problem
I have already replaced one new servo on but in vain!
but I can not sure that it is the reciever problem!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,102 Posts
Quote:
Itsmillertime, or anyone else who might know. I want to get a esc that is capable to run the blheli on the minicp. I dont know which esc to get though. Should I get the 3amp esc and double up on the fets or whatever or should I get the 7amp? Another thing is if the torque pre-compensation on the blheli software will fix the tail from blowing out? I will be using a re-wind c05 motor and it blows the tail out now. Or should I et the 7mm tail motor or should I get another esc and run a brushless tail?? Also if anyone knows is the walkera brushless tail motor from the double brushless kit is more or less weight and power then the hp03? I have a walkera tail motor and wondering if I should install it once I get the blheli software going.

My rewound c05 with thicker wire is stronger then the asteroid prototype c05. I am wondering if the blheli software running governor mode will let the walkera brushless tail motor shine or not. I dont have the money to be shelling out on a hp03 tail and xtra esc if a 7mm tail will work or if making a longer boom or if with the blheli torque pre-compensation mode turned on. This is the pre-comp mode here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ASVYtQ0Htw
Wonder if maybe set the TX to Mix to throttle or Program mix like master throttle & slave rudder using a curve to keep the tail from blowing out would work.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:46 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,180 Posts
Quote:

My rewound c05 with thicker wire is stronger then the asteroid prototype c05. I am wondering if the blheli software running governor mode will let the walkera brushless tail motor shine or not. I dont have the money to be shelling out on a hp03 tail and xtra esc if a 7mm tail will work or if making a longer boom or if with the blheli torque pre-compensation mode turned on. This is the pre-comp mode here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ASVYtQ0Htw
I'm using XP-7A currently with a c05m at 11500kv and have the oversky 10A v3 on the way. I'm not really fond of how I do the flashing on XP-7A with the very small soldering pads, I broke the connector off a few times I already trashed the ground pad so I had to pick another ground to solder to. Annoying. And I no longer have my SMD soldering iron (small Donau 8W 12V) I managed to ruin the tip, totally my fault and now I can't find replacement tips in stock anywhere nearby.

Oversky 10A has a flashing connector built in so that's a plus. I didn't order the flashing stick I plan on using my Arduino, worked fine with the XP-7A, I only hope the connector on the ESC is a micro JST servo type, otherwise I'm screwed.

Stock tail holds just fine with this motor, probably it wouldn't with yours and you would need the 7mm tail motor. I don't think you need to go to a brushless tail unless you plan on swapping out to HP06s or similar.

I'm using a V throttle curve even on stock tail and it works just fine, something like 100-80-100, no tail blow outs but still my c05m is weak compared to yours.
Last edited by sbstnp; Oct 13, 2012 at 09:52 PM.