SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:12 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,201 Posts
How the heck do you remove the blade grips. iv removed the screw inside the grip but i still cannot separate the blade grip from the feathering shaft/bearings. Are they glued together with ca when they ship mini/genius cp's?

Im completely grounded until i can fix it as vibrations are effing up my gyro to the point its making random corrections that make my mini jump around in the air.

I have nearly a complete set of parts to replace head/grips/mainshaft/motor/gear but i need the grip bearings .
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
How the heck do you remove the blade grips. iv removed the screw inside the grip but i still cannot separate the blade grip from the feathering shaft/bearings. Are they glued together with ca when they ship mini/genius cp's?

Im completely grounded until i can fix it as vibrations are effing up my gyro to the point its making random corrections that make my mini jump around in the air.

I have nearly a complete set of parts to replace head/grips/mainshaft/motor/gear but i need the grip bearings .
not trying to be funny but you removed the links from the grips also right? if so, just pull on the grips until they come loose. it may be a little tight but it will come apart.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
not trying to be funny but you removed the links from the grips also right? if so, just pull on the grips until they come loose. it may be a little tight but it will come apart.
Somethings def wrong with my head then, i have it completely removed from the main shaft in my hand.
Wonder if whoever assembled it either added ca or tightened it so hard its expanded and gotten stuck.
Iv also located why my servos jump around, it seems that whenever my main motor starts to draw power its interfering with the servos and making them jump (tested with only main motor and servos connected, no main shaft/gear), when i instead tired with the tail motor in the main socket the servos did not jump.
Now as im going brushless this will likely not be a issue as all power for the brushless motor will come from the walkera controller.

PS. Is there a instruction manual / forum tutorial somewhere on how to wire / setup the walkera wk-wst-10a-LT & c05m on a mini?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:00 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Somethings def wrong with my head then, i have it completely removed from the main shaft in my hand.
Wonder if whoever assembled it either added ca or tightened it so hard its expanded and gotten stuck.
Iv also located why my servos jump around, it seems that whenever my main motor starts to draw power its interfering with the servos and making them jump (tested with only main motor and servos connected, no main shaft/gear), when i instead tired with the tail motor in the main socket the servos did not jump.
Now as im going brushless this will likely not be a issue as all power for the brushless motor will come from the walkera controller.

PS. Is there a instruction manual / forum tutorial somewhere on how to wire / setup the walkera wk-wst-10a-LT & c05m on a mini?
The setup is in Tom Z sticky at top of page all information on this subject.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,350 Posts
If anybody is interested in a brushless minicp cheap.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730313
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 14, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Jan 2010
497 Posts
Has anyone else had constant binding issues with the Mini CP?

I have trouble every single time I turn on my heli, or replace a battery. Seems I have to re-bind to the Devo 7 almost every single time.

Sometimes if I plug in the battery first, then turn on the TX (I know this is backwards), and then blip the throttle, it will link up, but not always. Sometimes I have to turn the TX off and back on multiple times, and if will eventually link up. Often if half way links up, I see the servos twitch, but throttle doesn't work.

75% of the time I just redo the bind procedure every single time i swap batteries. Is there a solution to this?
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined May 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1864 View Post

I have trouble every single time I turn on my heli, or replace a battery. Seems I have to re-bind to the Devo 7 almost every single time.

Sometimes if I plug in the battery first, then turn on the TX (I know this is backwards), and then blip the throttle, it will link up, but not always. Sometimes I have to turn the TX off and back on multiple times, and if will eventually link up. Often if half way links up, I see the servos twitch, but throttle doesn't work.

75% of the time I just redo the bind procedure every single time i swap batteries. Is there a solution to this?
You could try setting Fixed ID for your mini. It should bind faster and probably with less issues.
Mig_31 is offline Find More Posts by Mig_31
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:09 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig_31 View Post
You could try setting Fixed ID for your mini. It should bind faster and probably with less issues.
+1 Fixed ID makes it bind in 3 seconds tops and you no longer care about turning which one first on.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,318 Posts
I just got a repaired receiver back from Walkera ad this time it broke all records. 4 flights later and the receiver had stopped working. It seems there is no point keeping on repairing the same receiver again and again. I am through with the Mini CP for the moment. During the same period, I have flown more than twice the number of flights on the V120D02S.

Walkera has lowered the price of the 3 axis Mini CP to just $100 in Hong Kong. They will probably jack up the prices once the 6 axis gyro version is available. The Mini CP was an incredible product when it flew for me. I wouldn't have master inverted flight and some difficult transitions if it had not been for the Mini CP. But somehow, I don't think there is any point in repairing the receivers any longer. I will wait for the 6 axis version to come out and see whether it is worth getting the receiver.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:17 PM
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Dec 2002
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1864 View Post

Are you aware that it will not bind unless held very still?

I plug mine in, then lay it down, and it binds every time. If I try to hold it steady, it will fail. I think it is the gyro initializing properly. If not, it will not bind.
jdowdle is offline Find More Posts by jdowdle
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Anyone know if the minicp receivers currently available version 1.1? I am about to purchase a RX from Bob at helircstore who is waiting on a shipment of them. I dont have the upgrade adapter for the rx and was wondering if the Rx's he will be getting are already upgraded.

I had bought my minicp when it first came out and my rx was the old version. It was almost impossible to do funnels or even bank the minicp. I had read that someone upgraded there rx to version 1.1 and inverted funnels we easily possible. He could not do them before upgrading. Anyways, I have sent an email to Walkera also asking the same question. Has anyone recently purchased a RX and if so what does the sticker say on the RX? Or if there is no signs of the version number then can you do banking turns without the mini wanting to fight you?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:29 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Anyone know if the minicp receivers currently available version 1.1? I am about to purchase a RX from Bob at helircstore who is waiting on a shipment of them. I dont have the upgrade adapter for the rx and was wondering if the Rx's he will be getting are already upgraded.

I had bought my minicp when it first came out and my rx was the old version. It was almost impossible to do funnels or even bank the minicp. I had read that someone upgraded there rx to version 1.1 and inverted funnels we easily possible. He could not do them before upgrading. Anyways, I have sent an email to Walkera also asking the same question. Has anyone recently purchased a RX and if so what does the sticker say on the RX? Or if there is no signs of the version number then can you do banking turns without the mini wanting to fight you?

There is a good chance the RX you get will have the newest version firmware in it.
If not you can send it to me if you want and I will update the firmware for you at no charge and send it back to you the same day.
I assume you are in the US.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=31

Also I sent you a PM here and on Helifreak also on 9-19-12.
I got Manny's Mini CP 3D receiver pot seting from him and posted a picture for you.
I PM'd Manny and talked to Dkfuji who let Manny 3D his heli and Manny set the pot setting on his helicopter
so I know what setting he used and where the pot position was.

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=14

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Last edited by Tom Z; Oct 01, 2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Added links
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:01 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
There is a good chance the RX you get will have the newest version firmware in it.
If not you can send it to me if you want and I will update the firmware for you at no charge and send it back to you the same day.
I assume you are in the US.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=31

Also I sent you a PM here and on Helifreak also on 9-19-12.
I got Manny's Mini CP 3D receiver pot seting from him and posted a picture for you.
I PM'd Manny and talked to Dkfuji who let Manny 3D his heli and Manny set the pot setting on his helicopter
so I know what setting he used and where the pot position was.

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=...5&postcount=14

Tom

Might as well link to mvezz post/image on the gyro pot.

Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I just got a repaired receiver back from Walkera ad this time it broke all records. 4 flights later and the receiver had stopped working. It seems there is no point keeping on repairing the same receiver again and again. I am through with the Mini CP for the moment. During the same period, I have flown more than twice the number of flights on the V120D02S.

Walkera has lowered the price of the 3 axis Mini CP to just $100 in Hong Kong. They will probably jack up the prices once the 6 axis gyro version is available. The Mini CP was an incredible product when it flew for me. I wouldn't have master inverted flight and some difficult transitions if it had not been for the Mini CP. But somehow, I don't think there is any point in repairing the receivers any longer. I will wait for the 6 axis version to come out and see whether it is worth getting the receiver.

I have MiniCP for 6 months and lots of flights and only replaced the receiver once because I short-circuited the original with a bad hand made custom tail.

What I do is zip-tie the receiver with the esc and wires so the receiver and wires suffers less vibrations.

By the way, i cant imagine a 6 axis gyro, as we only have 3 (X,Y,Z) possible axis.
cururu1 is offline Find More Posts by cururu1
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:12 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Might as well link to mvezz post/image on the gyro pot.

I saw that but it doesn't show the 3D position that Manny is using.That is the stock setting.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z