HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:46 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
BTW, oomodel shipped my mini cp and devo 8s as ....

wait for it

wait for it....

30$ runnig shoes
When you pick up the package at the post office, they open the package in front of you to determine that it's not a prohibited item

The post offices outside Manila seem to not be as strict (Some guys apparently don't get taxed at all!). Since i live in the suburbs, hopefully the test heli will get shipped someplace closer and not get reamed on the taxes. There are a lot of post offices, but i'm not sure if international packages gets distributed to them as well.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Oct 2011
36 Posts
I'm in uk
Ive ordered minicp and genius from wow hobbies in US
I had to pay £40 to get it from post office

So I tried eHirobo in China
Cost me nothing!
Arrived in less than 2 weeks
Joncreid is offline Find More Posts by Joncreid
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:46 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Is there any webpage that sells all the items needed for brushless conversion? Including 7/8/9 Teeth pinions? Preferably with ups or similar shipping. As I'm in need of ordering some spare landing gears i might as well order the brushless parts. My original landing gear is more CA then original plastic and only has 2 of the 4 pins that hold it in place.

Can Terence @ Chinese Jade ship with UPS/DHL? or he only does Hongkong post?

PS. Is the mini supposed to spin out when you do aggressive pitch pumps with the stock motors? Mine seems to love to spin out on the second pump. (100% throttle , 60% max pitch)
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Aug 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:05 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
http://www.homefly.com/products.asp?id=36

Your tail rotor might be bent if you can only get 60% with the stock tail motor

Terrence has only shipped all my purchases regular mail
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
http://www.homefly.com/products.asp?id=36

Your tail rotor might be bent if you can only get 60% with the stock tail motor

Terrence has only shipped all my purchases regular mail
My tail rotor looks just fine when i inspect / comapre it to the spare one i have.
Ill fly a couple of freshly charged batterys later today and see how it fares.
Could have been the wind that made it spin out yesterday.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:36 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Hrm, it still spins out after having replaced the entire tail with the spare one i had.

!00% throttle, 60% max pitch.
If i only give it max positive pitch it twists to the left.
If i give it positive after negative it spins out.
Definitely smells of issues with power getting to the motor, or it could be something with the newer minis.
Regardless, this happens both with the stock 240mah battery and the turnigy 300 mah 35c ones.

Im pondering whether to create a 2s 3.7v battery from the 2 stock ones i have. It should atleast result in a smaller current drop at full load. Issue would be charging it. id have to charge it as a regular 3.7v 1s batterys as i only have the stock charger, and no spare battery connectors.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 03:44 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,289 Posts
How about making a new model in memory, and input basic settngs? How's the potmeter on the receiver? No vibration anywhere, that can mess up the gyro?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
How about making a new model in memory, and input basic settngs? How's the potmeter on the receiver? No vibration anywhere, that can mess up the gyro?
Tx gyro value 78% , Gyro Pot at stock /6 o'clock position, almost no vibration when i hold it in the hand. Doubt those would cause it to spin 1.5+ turns when going from high negative to high positive pitch (when the motor slows down the most).

If i get the opportunity to fly it tomorrow ill try to get some video of how it spins out.

Some voltage sensor info with 0 0 0 pitch curve.

Multimeter
Fresh battery 4,21V

Mini Sensor
0% throttle 4.1 V
Spinning up to 100% -> quick drop to 3.5
Idling at 100% throttle 3.8V

Same values with 3 different tested Turnigy 35c 300mah.
To actually have 3.75-3.8V left in a battery after a flight i have to put the voltage alarm to 3.4v on my devo 7E

As for going brushless on a mini, i presume http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...43g-3-1-1.aspx is all i need? Should i grab some higer capacity batterys from wowhobbys or HK like 600mah ones? I was going to buy from Terence but he dosnt have any 8t pinions and their out of stock on http://www.homefly.com/products.asp?id=36
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:24 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Better fix for canopy support repair!

After breaking a canopy holder off the servo holder, I tried hot glueing repairs and didn't like the results.
I removed the servo holder retaining screw and used a #59 bit in a pin drill and reemed the canopy support hole from one side to the other while installed. This notched the alignment pin on the way through. I put in a full length canopy support rod from a Genius canopy and it locks the servo holder in place. Some #22ga silicone insultion on the rod set so no linkage/motor interfearance with the canopy.
Works so good I will do it to new servo holders upon installation.

Regards,
RD
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
866 Posts
Well guys, to satisfy my insatiable thirst for power I bought a mini protos kit that I plan to stretch with 350mm blades and a 6s conversion. So I would really like to sell my cracked out mini to fund electronics for the new beast. Here's an example of what I'm going for:
Tareq Alsaadi - Mini Protos with MSH FBL System - Alpine Heli Smackdown 2011 (4 min 29 sec)
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:29 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Miller
Thought U sold it on EB
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:42 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
866 Posts
Bidding only reached $100 and then the winning bidder messaged me saying he couldn't get it. I was kind of relieved as I wasn't going to sell it that cheap anyways.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
596 Posts
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere in the thread - I did try a search first.

Does anyone know if WOW's C05 brushless motor kit works with the Mini CP main gear? I have a tech support question into them, but I think they're misunderstanding my question.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...r-43g-3-1.aspx

When I tried installing the motor and setting the mesh properly, the motor case rubs against one of the servos, almost as if the Mini CP main gear is too small. Am I just missing something?
OrbitalGolem is online now Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:30 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere in the thread - I did try a search first.

Does anyone know if WOW's C05 brushless motor kit works with the Mini CP main gear? I have a tech support question into them, but I think they're misunderstanding my question.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...r-43g-3-1.aspx

When I tried installing the motor and setting the mesh properly, the motor case rubs against one of the servos, almost as if the Mini CP main gear is too small. Am I just missing something?
I have about 0.5mm clearance and no frame mod. Using an 8T from CME Hobbies on a C05M with 1.5mm shaft. Also drilled out a GCP 9T with a 1/16" and a perfect slip fit that also worked with the MCP main.
RD
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:15 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,397 Posts
How has your mini CPs been holding up? So far, after a few days, the Genius CP motor stopped working and it was a week before i could get it replaced. And then after just one crash, one of the bearings went missing so it's down atleast a month because the local hobby shop didn't have the part and i have to order from china

For the price of the motor and bearing, i'd be able to buy a v911 BNF Makes me wonder how the mini CP differs in construction and if it would have been worth the month it takes to order the miniCP from china.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member