SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,000 Posts
Whats the width of the minicp blades ? Going to do a led mod on one pair and i need to know the max width of my battery/battery holder.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined Jan 2010
496 Posts
So I'm interested in getting a Mini CP, with Devo 7tx. I'm coming from a 450 background, which is just too time consuming to fix after a crash. So I want something super durable, that will work good straight out of the box, without needing mods.

Put in a lot of research, but still have a couple questions.

1. Anyone know any good places for a good price. I still have sticker shock, considering every single place I've looked, its running around $210+ by the time shipping is applied. To me, thats extremely expensive for something so small, that's almost double what it cost to make my 450.

2. Anyone use an 8 tooth pinion? wowhobbies, sells pre-upgraded ones for around $215 shipped. They say it has an 8 tooth pinion, rather than 9, and a 300mah battery instead of stock. They claim this setup gives 200rpm more headspeed, as well as double the flight time. That seems like a pretty steep claim though. I usually don't like pre-upgraded things, I like to feel things in stock form, and upgrade myself. However if it makes as big of a difference as they claimed, I might just go for it, since like I said, I just want something to work good out of the box, without spending any extra time or money on upgrades. Any input on the 8t pinion with 300ma batter combo?
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
864 Posts
Main blade width - 16.58mm
Battery tray width - 21.48mm
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
What are mcpx blades like on the mini?
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
864 Posts
Awesome. They provide a lot more lift but are slightly heavier so a more powerful motor (hp05 and up) should be used imo.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1864 View Post
So I'm interested in getting a Mini CP, with Devo 7tx. I'm coming from a 450 background, which is just too time consuming to fix after a crash. So I want something super durable, that will work good straight out of the box, without needing mods.

Put in a lot of research, but still have a couple questions.

1. Anyone know any good places for a good price. I still have sticker shock, considering every single place I've looked, its running around $210+ by the time shipping is applied. To me, thats extremely expensive for something so small, that's almost double what it cost to make my 450.

2. Anyone use an 8 tooth pinion? wowhobbies, sells pre-upgraded ones for around $215 shipped. They say it has an 8 tooth pinion, rather than 9, and a 300mah battery instead of stock. They claim this setup gives 200rpm more headspeed, as well as double the flight time. That seems like a pretty steep claim though. I usually don't like pre-upgraded things, I like to feel things in stock form, and upgrade myself. However if it makes as big of a difference as they claimed, I might just go for it, since like I said, I just want something to work good out of the box, without spending any extra time or money on upgrades. Any input on the 8t pinion with 300ma batter combo?
i recommend buying used from helifreak or rcgroups classifieds. you can get much better deals. ebay sometimes has a mini cp as well used.

the mini cp is good out the box with whatever motor and battery. the only thing thats really affected is the flight time depending on the combo. obviously a powerfull brushless motor will last you more and give you alot more "umph". but it sounds to me like you want to start off stock and then put the brushless yourself.

for batteries and motor combos itsmillertime has written alot of good info on the topic.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Sep 2011
45 Posts
Power loss

My MiniCP is uneven in lift power and regularly seems to run low on battery, but the battery "recovers" after 15-20 seconds rest and provides power after the rest. I had this issue with the brushed stock motor and also with my recent brush-less upgrade (HK C05) and new tail brushed (stock) motor. I have tried multiple different batteries, replaced the battery and tail wires, and the behavior is the same. It runs better without the canopy, I can't see any points of contact and nothing gets particularly hot, even with the canopy. Any ideas/suggestions?

Sven
helisb is offline Find More Posts by helisb
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
Ive noticed mine flys a lot better without the canopy on. But I dont like to fly it like that. My tail doesnw budge with canopy off but it does very slightly with it on
Old Aug 06, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
864 Posts
It's official... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:28 AM
Joined Sep 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helisb View Post
My MiniCP is uneven in lift power and regularly seems to run low on battery, but the battery "recovers" after 15-20 seconds rest and provides power after the rest. I had this issue with the brushed stock motor and also with my recent brush-less upgrade (HK C05) and new tail brushed (stock) motor. I have tried multiple different batteries, replaced the battery and tail wires, and the behavior is the same. It runs better without the canopy, I can't see any points of contact and nothing gets particularly hot, even with the canopy. Any ideas/suggestions?

Sven
Well the new batteries (Hyperion 240 25C and ZIPPY 350mAh 20C) did make a difference after a second charge I used to get 4 minutes on the stock batteries, with the brushed motor. With the brush-less I get just over 4 min with the 300 and about 4 min with the 240, with more punch and now without the in-between "running lows". Are these time comparable to what others are getting?
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Sep 2011
45 Posts
Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by helisb View Post
Well the new batteries (Hyperion 240 25C and ZIPPY 350mAh 20C) did make a difference after a second charge I used to get 4 minutes on the stock batteries, with the brushed motor. With the brush-less I get just over 4 min with the 300 and about 4 min with the 240, with more punch and now without the in-between "running lows". Are these time comparable to what others are getting?
By the way has anyone tried the Turnigy nano-tech 260mAh 1S 35-70C?
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
I have. I purchased ten of them. They seem ok with my brushless kit. Doesnt get a lot of flight time..
Maybe 3 mins. My tunagy 300mah 35c get around 5 -9 mins
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:47 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,257 Posts
So the Nano Tech 300 (for Solo Pro 100 officially) is a better battery than the 260 version? And does it fit the stock skids well?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
glitching servos/board

Have had the mini cp i while now. It have suffered a fair share og chrashes. Mainly because it does survive most of them without damage.

Have stripped some servos, and installed new ones.

But now the problem is that as soon as i give power elevator and alileron servos start to do the "funky chicken" dance.

They go to the full up position and back again. Full up is when signal wire is diconneted, not? Sometimes they move when i shake the heli. When it sits still, there is no problem. A faulty soldering?

Hugo
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:21 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Main blade width - 16.58mm
Battery tray width - 21.48mm
Damn, i was going to put cr2025 battery's on the rotor blades to power leds at the tips, but their 2 cm in diameter. Going to have to figure out something else.

Wonder how a cr2025 battery holder would fare if you stick it to the top of the rotor hub, and then wire from there to the tip of the wings.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk