SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:05 AM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Nice vid! I'd love to be able to fly this way. Landing seems a bit rough though.
takes alot of style and technique to land a helicopter the same way you land an airplane...

what you call rough I call grace skill and grace!

haha, it was pretty rough wasnt it?

great video, cant wait to get into the world of FPV as well.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:34 AM
Human Being
Joined Jun 2011
1,435 Posts
I didn't realize there was another minicp thread. I just posted this on the other thread but i'll go ahead and post it here too because this one seems more active. A bit of background, i fly 450's and can do mild 3d, and bought the minicp to use as a travel heli / 3d trainer, busted my rx, then bought the bl version.

Here is my post from the other thread, please let me know if anybody else has had this happen:

Got a new bl mini cp, flew it and it flew great. After a few days i crashed it upside down on hard ground, everything looked perfect, but for some reason after the crash I had extremely negative pitch, but the swash was still level, and the blades still tracking.

I haven't had much time to look into it yet, but i'm not sure why crashing would make all three servos give negative pitch. I don't get 0 degrees pitch until I am at nearly 100%, where I use to have 0 degrees set at 50%. Any ideas what might be going on here, or has anybody else had this issue? I find it hard to believe that all three servos slipped the exact same amount on the crash, though i guess it's possible.

EDIT: Haha, i'm retarded, the main gear just slipped down a little on the main shaft. I haven't had to replace either of those yet and didn't realize it was a press fit... Great way to introduce myself to this forum, lol. Guess i should have looked over it better before writing
dilberto is offline Find More Posts by dilberto
Last edited by dilberto; Aug 02, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilberto View Post
I didn't realize there was another minicp thread. I just posted this on the other thread but i'll go ahead and post it here too because this one seems more active. A bit of background, i fly 450's and can do mild 3d, and bought the minicp to use as a travel heli / 3d trainer, busted my rx, then bought the bl version.

Here is my post from the other thread, please let me know if anybody else has had this happen:

Got a new bl mini cp, flew it and it flew great. After a few days i crashed it upside down on hard ground, everything looked perfect, but for some reason after the crash I had extremely negative pitch, but the swash was still level, and the blades still tracking.

I haven't had much time to look into it yet, but i'm not sure why crashing would make all three servos give negative pitch. I don't get 0 degrees pitch until I am at nearly 100%, where I use to have 0 degrees set at 50%. Any ideas what might be going on here, or has anybody else had this issue? I find it hard to believe that all three servos slipped the exact same amount on the crash, though i guess it's possible.

EDIT: Haha, i'm retarded, the main gear just slipped down a little on the main shaft. I haven't had to replace either of those yet and didn't realize it was a press fit... Great way to introduce myself to this forum, lol. Guess i should have looked over it better before writing
i think we all got stumped at one point or another from the press fit and main shaft collar. Its a pretty nifty setup i think. I like it because in a crash it pops off instead of breaking. The mini cp is very crash resistant. when you strip a servo, you will definitely know. I have never had a problem with its flying and its very reliable.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:52 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dway View Post

The box for my Mini CP actually says 6 Axis gyro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Mine says 3 did they make new mini and didn't tell anyone?
The Mini CP is so uncannily stable in hover that I suspect there may have been a 6 axis gyro all along, like that of the "New V120D02S". It could that the 6 axis gyro had such a bad press with the Genius CP that Walkera kept quiet initially.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 02, 2012, 01:26 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Mini CP is so uncannily stable in hover that I suspect there may have been a 6 axis gyro all along, like that of the "New V120D02S". It could that the 6 axis gyro had such a bad press with the Genius CP that Walkera kept quiet initially.
The only way to tell then would be checking the part number on the gyro.
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:20 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
The only way to tell then would be checking the part number on the gyro.
Challenge Accepted, But wont have my MCP for another 7 days or so.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Challenge Accepted, But wont have my MCP for another 7 days or so.
I guess there is no need for it now. Just checked the oomodel and V2 is official.

Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
My mini cp box says it has a 6 axis gyro but its 3. Some mini cp boxes have a sticker on them covering up the 6 axis
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:57 PM
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
There a mini cp v2??!! Whats the diffrence? Isnt it the master cp?
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz123 View Post
There a mini cp v2??!! Whats the diffrence? Isnt it the master cp?
Nope, the only difference is the new rx has 6x axis gyro and canopy. I guess they had some runs of the original mini with it ( since the box says 6 axis ) and then decided to do things right and put proper v2 on the heli. Master cp seems to use same motor as genius and geared tail. The receiver suppose to be some sort of genius variant.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Since my box says 6 Axis and they are releasing a V2 with a 6 axis gyro, is there a way to tell if I actually have the 3 or 6 Axis?
dway is offline Find More Posts by dway
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:23 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,875 Posts
Hrm a day after oomodel ships my Mini CP they announce a v2, awell atleast it seems its only the tx&canopy that differs.

Its no wonder though why most european and us retailers do not carry walkera's, They release new models to often.

Edit, If i do end up with a 6 axis gyro i seriously hope i can disable it.

Edit 2: What ECS from hobbyking would work with the C05M Brushless motor? Preferably something that i can just plug in directly. And is there any good place to buy cheap pinions from that ships to Europe ?

Edit 3: Whats the inner diameter on the Stock Motor 1mm or 1.5 mm? the C05m uses 1.5mm so I'm wondering if i could reuse the pinion without drilling it out.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Aug 03, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Apr 2012
72 Posts
every one ive seen has the invensense 3k chip. the 6k is the one from gcp/wii motion +.

the 6 axis is actually a gyro and accelerometer, there are 3 axes in 3d space.
zzyzx is offline Find More Posts by zzyzx
Old Aug 03, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
I know this is goin to sound n00bish,but I flew a 120d02s v2 and It seemed as stable as my mini cp just a lot better in pop, speed, and collective. Also I read people say they flip wierd and slow but it kinda flipped ok for me, seemed faster imo. Might be his settings. He had a devo 7e. Looks and feels amazing.

What is diffrence between 6 axis and 3 axis?

Seemed kinda the same to me only a mini cp being my only walkera product so far.
X
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:34 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz123 View Post
I know this is goin to sound n00bish,but I flew a 120d02s v2 and It seemed as stable as my mini cp just a lot better in pop, speed, and collective. Also I read people say they flip wierd and slow but it kinda flipped ok for me, seemed faster imo. Might be his settings. He had a devo 7e. Looks and feels amazing.

What is diffrence between 6 axis and 3 axis?

Seemed kinda the same to me only a mini cp being my only walkera product so far.
X
A lot of what you read about the V120D02S V2 is in comparison with the V1 rather than the Mini CP. It is every bit as stable as the MIni CP and more 3D capable out of the box.

The 6 axis gyro gives the V120D02S a fair degree of self-leveling ability which is good for beginners but can be a nuisance for those more experienced. The tail of the V120D00S does not hold that well in flips, so that you are likely to come out in a skewed position, especially for tight complete flips. R flips are by far the worse as the head may turn up to 90 degrees in a half flip.

Anyway, the V120D02S and Mini CP complement each other very well when learning 3D.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw