SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
This US based member at HF is offering a repair service for the MIni CP and Genius CP receivers. This is definitely something that is really needed. It could take weeks or months before you get anything back from Walkera.

Member name = zzyzx

http://www.helifreak.com/member.php?u=159961
Many thanks for the pointer Zadaw - I've contacted him to repair my defective Mini CP board for which I already replaced the tail FET with no success. Full rotor speed throttle on both main and rotor blades no matter the position of the throttle stick.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Well I think I might try to sell my roided out mini again. I got a 130X and have a 3s and 4s build in mind and it's so much easier to work on. I replaced my mini's main esc with a double fetted xp-7a which is about the size of the wk-10a esc and then stacked the xp-3a esc on top of it and then wired it all up and I'm just not that interested in the tiny thing anymore. It can be made pretty docile by lowering the headspeed but with it turned up it's way too fast for indoors and disappears quick outdoors as well.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Jan 2012
614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Well I think I might try to sell my roided out mini again. I got a 130X and have a 3s and 4s build in mind and it's so much easier to work on. I replaced my mini's main esc with a double fetted xp-7a which is about the size of the wk-10a esc and then stacked the xp-3a esc on top of it and then wired it all up and I'm just not that interested in the tiny thing anymore. It can be made pretty docile by lowering the headspeed but with it turned up it's way too fast for indoors and disappears quick outdoors as well.
Not to go too off-topic - what do you think of the 130X in the context of the Walkeras, specifically the V120D02S, V120D05S, etc in stock form?
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:52 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Not to go too off-topic - what do you think of the 130X in the context of the Walkeras, specifically the V120D02S, V120D05S, etc in stock form?
v120d05S in stock form?
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
I've never flown a 120 sized walkera nor a stock 130x, lol. I disassembled it straight out of the box. The only reason I got the 130x is the frame design really. I never liked how the Walkera 120's place the battery underneath. I think the 130x is over-priced for what it is but oh well, gotta pay to play.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:20 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
I've never flown a 120 sized walkera nor a stock 130x, lol. I disassembled it straight out of the box. The only reason I got the 130x is the frame design really. I never liked how the Walkera 120's place the battery underneath. I think the 130x is over-priced for what it is but oh well, gotta pay to play.
so you are doing some more modding? if you dont mind show us what you got., let me know where to subscribe.

i am a big fan of your mini cp mods and posts. that mini cp you made is a real piece of work and i like hearing how you modded the living stock out of the main motors, fets, tail and even servos.

I already have a mini cp, but wish I had the funds to take yours out for a spin and feel out the difference. it would be like flying the mona lisa, cant believe you are selling it thats crazy.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:42 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
The 130X is targeted at advanced fliers and runs on 2S and probably has a more 3D capable gyro. Whereas the "New V120D02S" is targeted at beginners with a new 6 axis gyro. But right now, the V120D02S seems to be winning by a wide margin in terms of durability and reliability. It is best to wait a few months to see whether the problems of the 130X are sorted out or not.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Could you check cog on 130? I've heard rumors that it's nose heavy
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
Quote:
. It can be made pretty docile by lowering the headspeed but with it turned up it's way too fast for indoors and disappears quick outdoors as well.
[/IMG]
Will lowering the headspeed not also reduce stability and ability to withstand a breeze? I can fully confirm that it's a fast little bugger that can be hard to handle. I'm still taking baby steps with it, and only yesterday was able to do some more controlled turns and fly-bys, still outside, but learned that small stick movements are needed, or it will indeed start running.

Btw, yesterday, during the last flight, the TX gave a few beeps. Couldn't tell if it was the telemetry warning for something, as somehow I can't find the screen on my black Devo 6, so I assumed it didn't have the right firmware yet to enable telemetry.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Sep 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
itsmillertime,

Nice looking Mini!

Which servo arms and which main gear are you using?

Thanks,
Sven
helisb is offline Find More Posts by helisb
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:57 AM
Russian Federation, Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Note: this is a cross-post, first posted here. In hindsight it probably would have been more appropriate in this thread. Anyway, I'm reposting here since the other thread is not as active and I'd really like to clarify this since I'm itching to order new batteries (if needed). Thanks for your understanding.

Original post:

Hey all,

I went ahead and ordered the Mini CP brushless so it should be here most probably by next week. The question I have is about batteries. In anticipation of this order, and thinking I could use them in my Ladybird as well, I had ordered 350mAh batteries which were listed for the V100D03BL heli. I got these in a couple of days ago and was dismayed to see they're only 15C rating. From what I remember the Mini CP should have at least 20C, preferably 25C right? Bear in mind I won't have the stock motor, but a C05 brushless.

Should I be chalking this up to lesson learned and just bite the bullet and order higher C batteries or do you think they'll run ok? Hmmm... will this also depend on the kind of flying I do, i.e., sport or 3D?
Newbmeister is offline Find More Posts by Newbmeister
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:52 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Will lowering the headspeed not also reduce stability and ability to withstand a breeze? I can fully confirm that it's a fast little bugger that can be hard to handle. I'm still taking baby steps with it, and only yesterday was able to do some more controlled turns and fly-bys, still outside, but learned that small stick movements are needed, or it will indeed start running.

Btw, yesterday, during the last flight, the TX gave a few beeps. Couldn't tell if it was the telemetry warning for something, as somehow I can't find the screen on my black Devo 6, so I assumed it didn't have the right firmware yet to enable telemetry.
The higher the headspeed, the higher the stability and the ability to handle wind. However, it will also decrease battery life and make the heli react faster. I think another problem you have got is to unlearn the flying characteristics of a 45 degress flybar. I would recommend that you put a bit of negative exponential in your elevator and aileron functions e.g. 25% both ways and then adjust it further to suit your flying style.

To use the telemetry function, you have to enable the telemetry sensor on the transmitter first. This should be in the System Menu (lower right icon). Click on Sensor setting and make sure that Sensor Enable is active. This should then bring out sensor parameters for your to set below. To view the telemetry data, you have to go back to the System Menu and click on "Sensor View". The telemetry screen will then be brought up.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:24 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
I was considering negative expo, but I thought it would be a better training to have the settings stock. So far I only crashed it 2 times, both were indoor, and more than a week ago.

I tried to access the telemetry menu that way, but it wasn't there. Still wonder what the beeps meant, haven't heard these after that yet, TX battery is still very healthy.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:27 PM
Russian Federation, Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmeister View Post

I went ahead and ordered the Mini CP brushless so it should be here most probably by next week. The question I have is about batteries. In anticipation of this order, and thinking I could use them in my Ladybird as well, I had ordered 350mAh batteries which were listed for the V100D03BL heli. I got these in a couple of days ago and was dismayed to see they're only 15C rating. From what I remember the Mini CP should have at least 20C, preferably 25C right? Bear in mind I won't have the stock motor, but a C05 brushless.

Should I be chalking this up to lesson learned and just bite the bullet and order higher C batteries or do you think they'll run ok? Hmmm... will this also depend on the kind of flying I do, i.e., sport or 3D?
Bumpity bump. Anyone know for sure?
Newbmeister is offline Find More Posts by Newbmeister
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
so you are doing some more modding? if you dont mind show us what you got., let me know where to subscribe.

i am a big fan of your mini cp mods and posts. that mini cp you made is a real piece of work and i like hearing how you modded the living stock out of the main motors, fets, tail and even servos.

I already have a mini cp, but wish I had the funds to take yours out for a spin and feel out the difference. it would be like flying the mona lisa, cant believe you are selling it thats crazy.
Thanks, I've been having fun building these little guys but it's time to move up to bigger helis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Could you check cog on 130? I've heard rumors that it's nose heavy
It's nose heavy stock but it's fbl system still makes it fly alright according to others. If one is so inclined, balancing it would be no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post

I meant lowering the headspeed back to stock-ish levels. 5-6,000 rpm. I was running 8,000rpm for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helisb View Post
itsmillertime,

Nice looking Mini!

Which servo arms and which main gear are you using?

Thanks,
Sven
HK5320's/ PZ15320's and the included servo arms. The metal ball screws are from Microheli and come 5 in a pack. Only 3 of which are actually used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmeister View Post
Bumpity bump. Anyone know for sure?
You definitely need higher rated batteries. I can feel a difference between 25C and 20C so I imagine 15C batteries would bring the suck.