HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Its been awhile since I have been on here, mainly due to my mincp's board glitching. I was wondering if Walkera was still repairing minicp boards? My board has a faulty trace in which the heli will only work if i push on the board. I remember walkera was replacing/repairing boards for a fee but that was in feb. Please, if anyone has any information then please post. I would love to fly my mini again!
I have had two boards repaired back from Walkera so far. One for a broken socket on the board and the other for a blown fet. The turnarond time was 6-8 weeks and the repair was free. Although you had to pay a shipping and handling cost which was around $3.2 in my case. However, it seems that Walkera would like you to do this through your vendor and not all vendors are willing to do this.

Right now, I am very frustrated with the Mini CP. I had 36 flights with the last repaired board and I have now got the same problem as you do. The board will not work unless I push on it. It seems that something is loose but I just cannot find out what it is. The problem here is that Walkera may not repair a board like this if the job is too complicated.

I have got 4 boards and 2 air frames. It seems that I can only get a single heli in the air for a few days at a time. In the same period of time that i have had the Mini CP, I have had 50% more flights with the V120D02S which has proven to be more reliable. In fact, a lot of modelers in Hong Kong have switched to the V120D02S because of high likelihood of damage to the Mini CP board.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:47 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,586 Posts
Does this damage occur during normal flight, or as a result of crashes?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 20, 2012, 05:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
Can anyone answer this?

If the throttle adjust is put to say 150% on travel adjust on h and l with devo 7 does it increase head speed?

Also ive set my gyro to manual and with mix switch at pos 2 all gyros are off, even cyclic as I set gyro to 40%. Has anyone tried to fly it like that? Is it hard?

Sent from my mini cp using tapatalk 2
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:23 PM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I have had two boards repaired back from Walkera so far. One for a broken socket on the board and the other for a blown fet. The turnarond time was 6-8 weeks and the repair was free. Although you had to pay a shipping and handling cost which was around $3.2 in my case. However, it seems that Walkera would like you to do this through your vendor and not all vendors are willing to do this.

Right now, I am very frustrated with the Mini CP. I had 36 flights with the last repaired board and I have now got the same problem as you do. The board will not work unless I push on it. It seems that something is loose but I just cannot find out what it is. The problem here is that Walkera may not repair a board like this if the job is too complicated.

I have got 4 boards and 2 air frames. It seems that I can only get a single heli in the air for a few days at a time. In the same period of time that i have had the Mini CP, I have had 50% more flights with the V120D02S which has proven to be more reliable. In fact, a lot of modelers in Hong Kong have switched to the V120D02S because of high likelihood of damage to the Mini CP board.
Odd enough, I'm the opposite. My v120d02s gave me a whole lot more problems than the MiniCP. My MiniCP has been great, but I've been cautious with it (crashing excluded ). All new MiniCP comes with the coil epoxied, and so far I'm a lot happier with it than the v120.
Also, the FBL system in the MiniCP is a lot better than the v120 imho. It feels like it is flying on rails, the v120 feels all over the place in comparison.
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Jul 20, 2012, 08:40 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Does this damage occur during normal flight, or as a result of crashes?
Sure I did have crashes during those 36 flights. They were mainly due to the fact that my batteries have lost their power after being left fully charged during repairs. However, they must have been mild as the canopy, boom, and head was unscathed. The only thing I can think of was the vibration from the large number of inverted blade scrapes the heli had because the heli did not have much power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
Odd enough, I'm the opposite. My v120d02s gave me a whole lot more problems than the MiniCP. My MiniCP has been great, but I've been cautious with it (crashing excluded ). All new MiniCP comes with the coil epoxied, and so far I'm a lot happier with it than the v120.
Also, the FBL system in the MiniCP is a lot better than the v120 imho. It feels like it is flying on rails, the v120 feels all over the place in comparison.
When there is little or no wind, the Mini CP is more precise than the V120D02S. But I almost always get some wind here and the V120D02S handles wind much better. As far as FFF goes, I find the Genius even better than the Mini CP as I could go hands off in FFF all the time a few feet from the ground. In any case, the V120D02S is greatly superior to the Mini CP for learning 3D, that is if you set aside the question of durability.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Feb 2012
88 Posts
Hey guys can anybody explain me, how do 3D works? I mean how can a heli fly turned over? Does the motor start to spin to the other side? Could be dumb for you guys, but i am new in this, still trying to flight it perfectly in a normal fly
Udonsushi is offline Find More Posts by Udonsushi
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
You use a full range of positive and negative pitch. Basically a new flight more with new curves with high throttle a full collective range. So anything below midstick would give negative making the heli pull fast to the ground if right side up or if upside down make it gain altitude. Then anything above midstick would be positive pitch so flying upright would fly normal or close to normal depending on your settings.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
88 Posts
Ohhh i see and to put the heli invert, what do i have to do? After 3d settings on the tx, i have to pull all the way back the tail of the heli and after that trottle stick all up and then all down?
Udonsushi is offline Find More Posts by Udonsushi
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
154 Posts
Thats sort of how. I would definitly try on a simulator before real life.The mini can take a beating but its better to know what to do and expect first.
Milf Hunter is online now Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:58 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udonsushi View Post
Ohhh i see and to put the heli invert, what do i have to do? After 3d settings on the tx, i have to pull all the way back the tail of the heli and after that trottle stick all up and then all down?
Yeah that it...........kinda. But you really want nice collective management and you really dont want to slam the sticks or use more pos/neg pitch than you need. If you slam the sticks it will be quite the erratic movements and you will crash hard.

I would go with what was suggested and try it on a sim first. If you dont you might as well put your heli on the ground and step on it
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Jul 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchking View Post
I really wish Taobao was in english (google translate doesn't do it for me) or had an english site. It seems like they have great products at good prices.
you can just use buychina.com ,browse and buy in English ,Pay by Paypal, Shipping worldwide . Such as http://www.buychina.com/products/15028220733
http://www.buychina.com/products/16410624574
buychina is offline Find More Posts by buychina
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Hey if your going to spam your website links at least become a paying member of rcgroups...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
http://youtu.be/OnG0RfhRwv8

http://youtu.be/yK6SHvUxGXQ

Cost me not one, not two, THREE servos.

Chris
Hi Chris!

I am impressed with your videos! Your mini CP is flying very well, absolutely stable. On full pitch pumps my Mini CP has tail blow-outs that sometimes I loose control of the heli and it crashes.

I though it was a problem with the brushless motor and the brushed tail motor... as the brushless is stronger the tail motor could not handle the yaw.

I am using a 8T pinion, Genius CP main gear and Devo 7 TX

But your mini cp is also brushless and the tail motor handles it. Now I think it is something with my TX settings...

Could please tell your TX settings for MiniCP?

Best Regards
cururu1 is offline Find More Posts by cururu1
Last edited by cururu1; Jul 22, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:56 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Some had better tails than others it seems. Mescaline couldn't get his to blow out whereas mine was horrible. I went to a 7mm tail motor and it held great. Until I got a hp05s and then it wouldn't hold again. So I put on a hp03t brushless tail motor and now with a hp06v2 or even 2s hp08 I can not make the tail budge. Even from 100' high full negative descent to full positive climb stick banging. There's also a lighter 6 magnet version that would work great if you don't plan on going crazy with power.
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,315 Posts
Repair Service for Mini CP and Genius CP receivers in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Its been awhile since I have been on here, mainly due to my mincp's board glitching. I was wondering if Walkera was still repairing minicp boards? My board has a faulty trace in which the heli will only work if i push on the board. I remember walkera was replacing/repairing boards for a fee but that was in feb. Please, if anyone has any information then please post. I would love to fly my mini again!
This US based member at HF is offering a repair service for the MIni CP and Genius CP receivers. This is definitely something that is really needed. It could take weeks or months before you get anything back from Walkera.

Member name = zzyzx

http://www.helifreak.com/member.php?u=159961