SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:58 AM
Russian Federation, Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
...Keep in mind though you can stress/burn up the system with FP blades running more than a 0 pitch curve and/or higher than needed throttle curve.

So IMHO I would say yes FP blades are beneficial if:
1) you want to save money and buy one heli for now
2) You need lower head speed for indoor flying and/or less crash damage
Thanks for the input. My plan is to do this on a brushless Mini CP, primarily for reason #2. I have a V200D02 as my 'outdoor' heli, but unfortunately we get a lot of windy days here so my flying time is limited. Additionally, the outdoor flying season is somewhat relatively short due to rain and/or cold weather, so a quality indoor heli would be a great asset.

I have a v911 but, without getting into details, I'm not really happy with its performance and it seems only suited for basic orientation skills practice. Plus it makes sense for me to have an MCP for when I eventually transition to CP flying. I really don't want to have another FP only heli so I guess that's where reason #1 comes into play.
Newbmeister is offline Find More Posts by Newbmeister
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:06 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,245 Posts
What's the best value for money yet durable carrying case for the CP with Devo TX?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
What's the best value for money yet durable carrying case for the CP with Devo TX?
Plano 4 pistol case. 20 bucks shipped on Amazon. Some foam cutting required
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:19 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Amazon requires credit card, if I recall well. It has to be PayPal, don't have a CC.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Amazon requires credit card, if I recall well. It has to be PayPal, don't have a CC.
Try ebay or your local sporting goods Store (not sure about the gun laws in your area)
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:17 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
I got a Zeikos ZE-HC36 Medium Hard Case at one time for my MSR and x9303.
It was $9 bucks at the time. If you look around for a bit you can find them for around $20 fairly often
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post

At pretty much every Wal Mart I've been to, they have the Plano 4 pistol gun case for $10.00. With a little bit of cutting the foam you can make a case for 2 mini cp and your radio. I did with 2 mCPx.
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,245 Posts
Problem is I live in Europe, so I would have to book a flight to the US to get to the nearest Wall Mart...
Old Jul 17, 2012, 01:22 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,245 Posts
Asked a few sellers about shipping, one already responded, a little over 40 dollar, the case costs less...
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jul 17, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Asked a few sellers about shipping, one already responded, a little over 40 dollar, the case costs less...
Try this. They have the case for $25. Shipping prices to The Netherlands: $22.16 (registered air), $25.26 (insured air), and $38.61 (EMS). Oh, and they also have black if you're not crazy about silver.

Unfortunately due to the weight of these cases you'll always have to pay what seems exhorbitant prices for them due to shipping costs. Ironically enough, it's still cheaper for me to order one from overseas than to try to get one locally, lol. Might have to do with the fact there's only one LHS here, and they certainly do not carry a wide range of cases (in fact, only a couple of Esky models).

I've already resigned myself to having to pay around double the price for any cases I may wish to get, sigh.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:14 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
I just use a red Coca Cola carrier bag. I put up to 4 micro helis in at a time, with up up 30 battery packs and a few tools. There is also a canister of mosquito repellent in there. Sometimes, I put my wallet and my keys in there as well, and also a can of soft drink. When the flight session is finished, I go to the supermarket sometimes and buy a few things. I would put the food into the same carrier bag with the helis.

I used to put my transmitted in there as well but I don't want to risk scratching my Devo 12S, So it has got its own case.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:34 PM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
I use à Walkera from trade4me.de shoud be low shipping price to Netherlands from Germany.

//Paul
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old Jul 19, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmeister View Post
So it seems I can do with or without FP blades, but having them should give me longer flight times. Hmm... I guess I'm back to my original question then . Anyone know which FP blades will fit the MCP?
Well, I took the plunge and ordered an MCP. I asked the vendor if they could recommend a set of FP blades for it and they suggested the blades from the Genius FP, which of course made me smack my head cause the solution just seems so obvious.

They didn't have them in stock so I ordered from another vendor, and while browsing decided that with the Genius FP canopy, the MCP would be easier to see, and besides, it just looks cool. So I ordered that too.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Its been awhile since I have been on here, mainly due to my mincp's board glitching. I was wondering if Walkera was still repairing minicp boards? My board has a faulty trace in which the heli will only work if i push on the board. I remember walkera was replacing/repairing boards for a fee but that was in feb. Please, if anyone has any information then please post. I would love to fly my mini again!
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:17 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Its been awhile since I have been on here, mainly due to my mincp's board glitching. I was wondering if Walkera was still repairing minicp boards? My board has a faulty trace in which the heli will only work if i push on the board. I remember walkera was replacing/repairing boards for a fee but that was in feb. Please, if anyone has any information then please post. I would love to fly my mini again!
Welcome back buddy! I thought you might have been pushing daisies. I've been pm'ing someone from HobbyOne that offered me a new receiver at her wholesale price of $45 but she never responds when I ask for the address to send faulty receivers to... I got the governed Blheli flashed esc working on mine with a monstrous hp06v2 and brushless tail. It's insane. Read up on my posts you've missed since you've been gone if/ when you get a chance.
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime