SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
I am using the same ST1 throttle and pitch setting as when I was using my genius motor.

Throttle 100 85 100
Pitch -60 0 +60

I am thinking that it should have more kick with the C05.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:42 PM
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
I am using the same ST1 throttle and pitch setting as when I was using my genius motor.

Throttle 100 85 100
Pitch -60 0 +60

I am thinking that it should have more kick with the C05.
I dont think the C05 is supposed to be that much more powerful than the stock motor. What pinion are you using with the C05 vs. the genius motor
gdwiz is offline Find More Posts by gdwiz
Old Jul 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
The c05 isnt the same type of upgrade to the stock motor in the mini like it is if you use a c05 in the mcpx. If you want more kick go hp05s. I love that motor in mine and it will go into the ceiling quick if i am not careful..
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Jul 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
The c05 isnt the same type of upgrade to the stock motor in the mini like it is if you use a c05 in the mcpx. If you want more kick go hp05s. I love that motor in mine and it will go into the ceiling quick if i am not careful..
What batteries and tail do you use with hp05s?
Skovoroda is online now Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I use an 8 tooth pinion, the stock tail with Hyperion and turnigy batteries.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
30 Posts
See what I found:
bigflier is offline Find More Posts by bigflier
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
I use an 8 tooth pinion, the stock tail with Hyperion and turnigy batteries.
How are the flight times on tyrnigys ( I assume you have 300)? I'm on the fence for hp05s brushless, but if I would get 4 min figure 8 flying I'm in.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:56 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Well I always get about 2 minutes...somtimes 3 minutes But always atleast a solid 2 minutes of 3d type flying. I guess you probably could get 4 minutes out of them if you flew mellow. THough really if you are doing more sport type flying i think the stock or c05 would be better
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Well I always get about 2 minutes...somtimes 3 minutes But always atleast a solid 2 minutes of 3d type flying. I guess you probably could get 4 minutes out of them if you flew mellow. THough really if you are doing more sport type flying i think the stock or c05 would be better
Thanks, i been kinda confused by itmillertime timings. He was getting 5:30 out of 300mah. I guess i will just wait till my stock dies then before doing BL. It is so tempting though. Was thinking jumping straight to hp05s and not to start my own little collection of motors. Maybe i can do 7t hp05s to start, it should be about 5000-5500 head speed and less stress on the motor which should theoretically translate to longer flight times. Hmmmm....
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:28 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Yeah flights times are quite vairable per person and how the mellow/crazy they fly and i was just guessing on 4min..you might be able to get more. I just cant fly this heli without constantly flipping it back and forth and is the reason i am always sub 3 minutes. If you fly idle up but only do figure 8's your battery will last a quite a bit longer than if you fly idle up and do lots of flips...then of course if you fly in non idle up and pinion choices can make the flight time even greater.

Hp05s and a 7 tooth wouldnt be too bad
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Yeah flights times are quite vairable per person and how the mellow/crazy they fly and i was just guessing on 4min..you might be able to get more. I just cant fly this heli without constantly flipping it back and forth and is the reason i am always sub 3 minutes. If you fly idle up but only do figure 8's your battery will last a quite a bit longer than if you fly idle up and do lots of flips...then of course if you fly in non idle up and pinion choices can make the flight time even greater.

Hp05s and a 7 tooth wouldnt be too bad
Thanks indoorheli. I just got out of hover without crashing stage and can do something figure 8ish looking and stall turns. Great vids of Red devil btw. I watch it at least once a week if not more
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:58 AM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
hey guys I just got the xp-7a from astroid designs

(for pics)
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...xp-7a-1-2s-esc

The White-Red-Black wire, the B\R need to go where the battery would plug to the rx, and the White is signal.
But I checked with the multimeter and the B and R wires on the three wire plug don't short to the B and R wires to the battery on the esc, unlike on a walkera esc.

I'm guessing the wiring is different than a walkera? How should I wire it up?

Thanks
Marioinc is offline Find More Posts by Marioinc
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
You need a converter for that esc signal to work. I think the easiest route is to use the walkera tail esc with built in brushed to brushless converter
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:24 AM
Russian Federation, Primorsky Krai, Vladivostok
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
In case anyone's interested, prices are dropping. I noticed rc711's BNF price dropped by $10 to $129.90 and Ehirobo is now selling BNF version for $109.99.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/24g-walker...12-p-5869.html

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...ducts_id=11487
Newbmeister is offline Find More Posts by Newbmeister
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:24 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,677 Posts
So far my MiniCP has survived a few crashes unscathed, even though, in my CP-noobness, I have to unlearn putting the throttle stick fully down in case of an inpending crash, and use "throttle cut" instead...

After the last crash, I remembered the wise advice to tape the canopy to the skids, as it has shifted up and the corner with the fragile coil was revealed. Skids simply popped out, wise move to make these seperate parts instead of part of the frame, like on the Genius...

I can now hover it in a square about the size of an old record, even getting some seconds of handsfree hover, and then do a soft landing on the same record, as I keep it on the ground as "heli-pad". But as soon as I try to do a simple circle/circuit, things just don't "click" yet in my brain. I think it's the same psychological barrier of flying in a too small space to feel safe. I had this with my first Solo Pro 260 as well, inside I could take off, land, make a box pattern, but as soon as rudder turns were involved, it always went wrong. Then I went outside, and it just fell into place.

Something else, what is the best charge rate for the batteries, using an after marktet charger like the Imax B6? I have more faith in that charger than in the stock Walkera charger. So far I've been using a charge current of 0.4 A which is about 1.75C or so, which is not uncommon for lipos. I wonder what rate you are using, when using a different charger than stock Walkera.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member