HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:05 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,101 Posts
i am only wanting my devo8 to bind with devo rxs and spectrum so i can use the cheaper dsm2 receivers ..walkera charges to much for there receivers.would also be nice if it would work with the older wk rxs tho...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:07 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
Would be interesting to see what happens if this becomes widely available. I don't think HH or Walkera can do anything about it.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:10 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,101 Posts
me eather cause it is totally new creation of the firmware ..its like building a custom Heli or plane ..without any copy writes stepped on.

i was actually going to buy a dx8 later on just so i could use the cheaper rx's ..but now i just plan on waiting this out and see how it develops, and hope it works out well cause i really like my devo 8 and its ease of programming ect..
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Jul 08, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Would be interesting to see what happens if this becomes widely available. I don't think HH or Walkera can do anything about it.
if it becomes widely available it will be like the sony psp. they will update the firmware to eliminate any breaches in the system, so we wil have to avoid updating the firmware if we want to keep the benefits.

also, new rxs from the other companies will evolve to be made more resistant to hacking.

legal issues can possibly arise although not likely since it is legal to make the most out of your product i.e. jailbreaking your iphone.

walkera should take advantage of this to boost their sales.

i am personaly excited about this, to have one controller control most helicopters is a great thing. i never liked having several controllers and is the main reason i never explore past walkera designs.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:41 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
the mini cp has no 6 axis... the only thing you might notice about it's stability is a small tail drift while hovering.
So that can't be trimmed out? I noticed a little CCW rotation during my hover attempts, but was more focused on keeping the heli within a 2 meter box to worry much about a slight tail drift.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
So that can't be trimmed out? I noticed a little CCW rotation during my hover attempts, but was more focused on keeping the heli within a 2 meter box to worry much about a slight tail drift.
nope, you cant trim out this drift. there are a few tricks other members have tried but for me they do not work. the genious and mini cp does the same thing, slight tail drift.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
I dont get any tail drift. How you finding the mini? Its an animal with the rx pot off :-)
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:46 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,698 Posts
I flew a pack today, and didn't really notice any tail drift. Either I was compensating for it automatically, or it wasn't there for that flight. I was able to take off and land on an old record sleeve, and keep the heli in a smaller area, about 1 meter by 1 meter I estimate. Appears I am making progress. Overall feeling, smooth, but also fast responding. One thing that's a bit annoying is having to connect and put the heli level before the TX has completed "booting". It's quite a narrow time slot when you are fiddling with those small connectors.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I flew a pack today, and didn't really notice any tail drift. Either I was compensating for it automatically, or it wasn't there for that flight. I was able to take off and land on an old record sleeve, and keep the heli in a smaller area, about 1 meter by 1 meter I estimate. Appears I am making progress. Overall feeling, smooth, but also fast responding. One thing that's a bit annoying is having to connect and put the heli level before the TX has completed "booting". It's quite a narrow time slot when you are fiddling with those small connectors.
then it sounds like fixed id is for you. if you have your instruction booklet or cd it will tell you what you need to do, it is also posted somewhere on this thread. as for the tail drift it occures when you are in a hover. all cp helis drift naturaly but this one's tail drift is a little more pronounced. if you dont have any drift thats great on you.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
then it sounds like fixed id is for you. if you have your instruction booklet or cd it will tell you what you need to do, it is also posted somewhere on this thread. as for the tail drift it occures when you are in a hover. all cp helis drift naturaly but this one's tail drift is a little more pronounced. if you dont have any drift thats great on you.
I'll see if I can find this fixed ID. I am getting better at getting the battery connected in time before the TX has "booted" but not having this small time slot to get it right seems like a better, more relaxed, procedure.

The tail drift wasn't there on the last hover training. Perhaps that is because I centered the rudder trim again, after reading it won't fix the drift anyway.

Edit: appears how to set the the fixed ID was not in the manual, but only how to clear a fixed ID...
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jul 09, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

You read Chinese!

Is there a way for me to purchase it from the US? If so, how? And how much is it?

If there is a Roman Alphabet version of the Part Number, then maybe I can find a closer "western" merchant that also sells it?
Hi, I812,

you can also buy it from some taobao agents, such as Buychina.com

cheaper than one in ebay or amazon.
helifans is offline Find More Posts by helifans
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:51 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifans View Post
Hi, I812,

you can also buy it from some taobao agents, such as Buychina.com

cheaper than one in ebay or amazon.
New member, and all 3 postings are about those taobao agents. Does sound a tiny bit like advertizing... ;-)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:37 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
I've just converted to a brushless motor (C05) but doesn't get that much power (or maybe it's because of the additional weight?) I'm already using a 350mah 25C lipo. What would be the recommended battery to make the best out of it?
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
I've just converted to a brushless motor (C05) but doesn't get that much power (or maybe it's because of the additional weight?) I'm already using a 350mah 25C lipo. What would be the recommended battery to make the best out of it?
could also be your throttle and pitch setting.

to answer your question 260 and 300 mah are recomended for shaving weight whileas 350 for flight longevity and sport. you can do simple 3d with the 350 though no problem.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, NC, Hendersonville
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
It probably is your settings; There is no significant weight gain converting the main to brushless. If you are not soldering the connections I would double check all of the connectors and make sure they are not loose.
gdwiz is offline Find More Posts by gdwiz