HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 18, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
15 Posts
Hey guys, I'm having some difficulty removing my tail motor mount from the broken boom, is there any tricks to this?
JStack is offline Find More Posts by JStack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:03 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStack View Post
Hey guys, I'm having some difficulty removing my tail motor mount from the broken boom, is there any tricks to this?
you have to put some elbow grease all over it to soften it up, and then you need to open up a few cans of M.A.N. and yank it the !@#$ off. i wish there was an easier way. the d02s tail box did this to me once also, i almost lost a tooth that day...
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
you have to put some elbow grease all over it to soften it up, and then you need to open up a few cans of M.A.N. and yank it the !@#$ off. i wish there was an easier way. the d02s tail box did this to me once also, i almost lost a tooth that day...
hahaha alright good to know, I just didn't want to break it again, finally got my carbon fiber rod in.
JStack is offline Find More Posts by JStack
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:40 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
anyone have a good lipo suggestion for my devo 7. Storm 11.1V 900mAH drains way to fast.
Neoneo is offline Find More Posts by Neoneo
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:00 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
I just use rechargeable AA's. I've already been inside my tx to do some soldering and don't care to change out voltage regulators to run a lipo.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:12 AM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
LMAO That's epic.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Can anyone elaborate about the different states of the led?
I have a problem where it take me about 20 second of slow blinking until the heli bind with the TX. I have Devo 8S and it is already set to ID bind.
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
its done! the new mini cp (139) and v120d02s v2 (199) and some parts and batteries are on the way. helircstore.com $383.14. he didn't match the 179 that hobby one has for the v120 but i would have paid that in shipping so i guess it evens out. they should be here on thursday. i usually do unboxing videos where i truly unbox and fly them. not like other guys who sneak and fly them first then put them back in the box for the "unboxing" then admit to flying it before they shot the video. thats a sham. its not truly unboxing. when i unbox it, i make it seen that its still in the shipping packaging. cause if it acts wild out of the box, i want everyone to know, see, and draw their own conclusion. I'm not going to adjust the setting to make it fly perfect, put it back in the box, then film it lol. thats false info. and i keeps it real lol.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Jan 2012
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
its done! the new mini cp (139) and v120d02s v2 (199) and some parts and batteries are on the way. helircstore.com $383.14. he didn't match the 179 that hobby one has for the v120 but i would have paid that in shipping so i guess it evens out. they should be here on thursday. i usually do unboxing videos where i truly unbox and fly them. not like other guys who sneak and fly them first then put them back in the box for the "unboxing" then admit to flying it before they shot the video. thats a sham. its not truly unboxing. when i unbox it, i make it seen that its still in the shipping packaging. cause if it acts wild out of the box, i want everyone to know, see, and draw their own conclusion. I'm not going to adjust the setting to make it fly perfect, put it back in the box, then film it lol. thats false info. and i keeps it real lol.
Be sure to initially use Walkera's stock settings for both birds on your Devo. Both my D02S and Mini CP hovered perfectly out of box. My Mini came from WOW, so that one may be unfair, as WOW opens all boxes and test hovers before shipment.
OrbitalGolem is offline Find More Posts by OrbitalGolem
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
I think the new V120D02S is ideal for you. It will be much easier to learn 3D on it. I think the new V120D02S and Mini CP complements each other very well. if I had that combination several months ago, I would probably have saved a lot of time and money.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalGolem View Post
Be sure to initially use Walkera's stock settings for both birds on your Devo. Both my D02S and Mini CP hovered perfectly out of box. My Mini came from WOW, so that one may be unfair, as WOW opens all boxes and test hovers before shipment.
yea i was told to use the same settings as the mini cp on my devo 7. i don't know what other settings to use. Bob usually test flies it on the phone with me, and he did today. good guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I think the new V120D02S is ideal for you. It will be much easier to learn 3D on it. I think the new V120D02S and Mini CP complements each other very well. if I had that combination several months ago, I would probably have saved a lot of time and money.
I'm counting on you being right. in other news my cessna finally arrived today. and just like last time theres complications. the wooden piece that holds the wings on just broke off like a tooth pick. smh. trying to find an alternative now.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:08 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle75 View Post
My tail balancer was twitched from one of the crashes. I twitched it back by hand but it seems like a very easy to break part. Is there any mod to keep it straight?
I use a small mini ty-wrap. When pulled tight around the tail holder they point straight down. They are flexable and indistructable. They come in assorted colors. Black works for me. A dab of hot glue on the under side and it stays as long as you want it to.
RD
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldeveer View Post
I use a small mini ty-wrap. When pulled tight around the tail holder they point straight down. They are flexable and indistructable. They come in assorted colors. Black works for me. A dab of hot glue on the under side and it stays as long as you want it to.
RD
Interesting. Can you post a picture of it?
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:35 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,148 Posts
It is the first time I flew the Mini CP today after a few weeks' gap. I got a repaired receiver back from Walkera. Somehow, the technician managed to put the main and tail motor sockets the wrong way round. Anyway, I reversed the sockets without any problems. I am told that the Walkera repair technician is new and rather inexperienced. I suppose the work gets very monotonous when you have to repaid scores of receivers per day. In fact, they can't even recognize which receiver belongs to which heli. I also used a new Genius motor this time.

To my surprise, I was able to do everything I could with the Genius motor. I could do flips and fly inverted circuits without any problems. For the reason, the heli was a bit twitchier with the Genius motor. Perhaps because the headspeed was lower, or that it had trouble in keeping up a constant rpm. However, I found that the performance was noticeably worse with the 350mAH batteries. I could hear the motor getting a bit bogged down with low level flips and I had a number of crashes.

I had a bad time trying to learn 3D with the Genius because the motor got bogged down all the time. I was surprised that this didn't happen with the same motor in the Mini CP. Perhaps the Mini CP board is able to provide more power to the Genius motor. Anyway, I will see whether I could fix my Genius and make a comparison. If you are worried about the battery life of the Mini CP, you can definitely consider using the Genius CP motor.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
Big Island of Hawaii
Joined Jan 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle75 View Post
Interesting. Can you post a picture of it?
Ty Wrap as replacement Tail Fin

RD
rldeveer is offline Find More Posts by rldeveer