HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
You can't use it without the flash. I have an extra xp3a that I posted in the classifieds but by the time I solder 18 tiny fets onto it to be able to handle the hp06v2 it gets kind of expensive. I might get a xp-7a and do a 2 or 3 cell set-up next. When I get bored with all my new found power, lol.
I forgot about the converter. I can't use it cuz i'd need something like the steve if I can't flash it right?

I guess i'm going to have to wait for astroid to get them in stock... Hopefully soon.

I bet you could reach 10k rpm easily with the 06 and the right gearing lol
I'd definitely reinforce the whole head at that speed... And probably never fly it within a good few yards from me lol
Marioinc is offline Find More Posts by Marioinc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
It sounds pretty wicked now at 100% throttle on the hp06v2 with 8t pinion on 61t main gear. I have some beefier 64t main gears on the way since powerful brushless motors, especially governed ones, tend to chew up main gears.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
hey guys, wheres the best place to get a brushless set up. every time i order mini cp parts, I've been ordering extras. I've got almost got enough parts to build a whole new mini cp. just need a canopy, receiver, swashplate, main gear, and brushless set up. the problem is, i don't know exactly what i need to go brushless. wow has this: http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...43g-3-1-1.aspx
helircstore.com doesn't have it at all. what will i need besides the brushless motor? i heard about another link last week in this thread but i can't find it now. o, and i wish to stay in the US. thanks
Neoneo is offline Find More Posts by Neoneo
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
you can try the genious v2 bright orange canopy, or you can simpy sray paint over the white canopy or put light layers of white tape or reflective tape
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Once the Tail Fin breaks, I cut a new DIY Tail Fin from an old credit card. I don't make the new DIY Tail Fin exactly like the stock Tail Fin, instead I only make it V-shaped because I'm too lazy to cut out the center braces. I think my new DIY Tail Fins made from credit card material are about as durable as the stock Tail Fin. Maybe if made from a CD they would be more durable?
Quote:
In the daytime, the Orange Genius V2 Canopy is easier to see against a dark background; however, at nighttime it is only barely easier to see than the dark stock Mini Canopy.

Jon's reflective tape suggestion sounds promising, and I'll be looking into it.

Also, someone about a month ago posted that the $50 "DarkMatterBlade" Night Blades advertised at HeliRCStore for the mCPx and Genius will also work with the Mini:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_chiH3e1y0

Attachment 4942160Attachment 4942161Attachment 4942162Attachment 4942163
Thanks guys. Great ideas. I will order the genius v2 canopy and reflective tape. The night blades are a little overkill for me, considering their price.
I will make a couple of DIY tail fin to be ready to the final breakdown of the original.
Thanks again.
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:12 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle75 View Post
Thanks guys. Great ideas. I will order the genius v2 canopy and reflective tape. The night blades are a little overkill for me, considering their price.
I will make a couple of DIY tail fin to be ready to the final breakdown of the original.
Thanks again.
For day time flying I have found that florescent orange tape is much better than than reflective tape.. And also for late evening flying. Reflective tape might be best if you are flying at night with a hat flashlight..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Do you mean something like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEITI-UNI-WS...#ht_1057wt_663

I have high lights in the night where I fly, so probably reflective tape will do?
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:12 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle75 View Post
Do you mean something like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEITI-UNI-WS...#ht_1057wt_663

I have high lights in the night where I fly, so probably reflective tape will do?
I used a florescent orange one like the red one on here.. Looks like they don't carry it any more.. To bad as it really help me see the heli..

http://www.trimbrite.com/PDFs/TB1617.pdf
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,956 Posts
BOB!

When I click on the "Quote" icon below your posts, a banner appears stating: "You cannot quote this post because the author has violated the forum rules"

There are rules?

No Stinking Badges (0 min 25 sec)
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jun 17, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW bob View Post
For day time flying I have found that florescent orange tape is much better than than reflective tape.. And also for late evening flying. Reflective tape might be best if you are flying at night with a hat flashlightt..
Thanks for making it's retroreflective properties clear to us Bob.

Here is a Wiki excerpt:

Scotchlite is a retroreflective material made by 3M. Its primary use is in nighttime high-visibility applications, such as 'reflective tape' for cyclists, safety vests for road workers, or the front of many traffic signs. Scotchlite was invented in 1936 [1].

Scotchlite is designed to take advantage of the retroreflective optical properties of the glass beads, which collect light from any angle of incidence and reflect it back in the direction it came from. The surface of Scotchlite is densely packed with microscopic glass beads (usually titanate glass). In addition, each glass bead is covered with a metallic reflective layer on its rear half, enhancing its retroreflective properties. A surface covered with Scotchlite seems to glow brightly when viewed from the light source, but appears dull gray from most other directions.
Last edited by i812; Jun 17, 2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: added outlaw quote
Old Jun 17, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,956 Posts
There may be another way for us to get lit and fly high all hours of the night:

Amazon link for Glow in the Dark Tape: 1/2 in. x 30 ft

Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,520 Posts
Quote:
BOB!

When I click on the "Quote" icon below your posts, a banner appears stating: "You cannot quote this post because the author has violated the forum rules"

There are rules?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWrdtrf3TU
Yea I made a mistake,, and posted the wrong link to what I though was a funny site. A head doctor modeling joke site,, turned out to be a hard nasty sex site.. So as punishment you can't quote me till August..
Old Jun 17, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFLON bob View Post
Yea I made a mistake,, and posted the wrong link to what I though was a funny site. A head doctor modeling joke site,, turned out to be a hard nasty sex site.. So as punishment you can't quote me till August..
I saw that one!!!!!

It almost made me blush.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 03:09 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,126 Posts
I have just heard that Walkera has repaired one of my four broken MIni CP receivers for me, so I am back in business again. I have still got three receivers with them that have blown fets. I do not see any reason why they cannot be repaired. However, they were unable to repair two V120D02S and a Genius receiver that suddenly stopped working for unknown causes.

I also heard that the 6 axis gyro on the new V120D02S cannot be turned off, even though the heli is as 3D capable as before. It is reported to be considerable more stable than the old V120D02S, with the tail being completely solid with pitch pumps.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:25 AM
Malaysia, Penang, Bayan Lepas
Joined Apr 2010
460 Posts
Hi guys,
Can anyone comment on the "flyability" of the Mini CP indoor? I mean really fly, not hovering. I have a v120d02s, but it is really too big to be flown indoor.
If anyone has both the Mini CP and the v911, maybe you could help post the size comparison of the two?
I'm thinking of getting the MiniCP, but only if I can get it to fly indoor.
Thanks.
thloh85 is offline Find More Posts by thloh85
Old Jun 18, 2012, 04:33 AM
Registered Canopy Crusher
United Kingdom, Scotland, Insch
Joined Apr 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thloh85 View Post
Hi guys,
Can anyone comment on the "flyability" of the Mini CP indoor? I mean really fly, not hovering. I have a v120d02s, but it is really too big to be flown indoor.
If anyone has both the Mini CP and the v911, maybe you could help post the size comparison of the two?
I'm thinking of getting the MiniCP, but only if I can get it to fly indoor.
Thanks.
I don't think you can easily compare the fixed pitch v911 to this cp as they will be completely different beasts. I have a bravo sx (fp) and I felt very comfortable throwing this around my living room and crashing in to whatever but with the mini cp there is a lot more potential to do real damage to both possessions and yourself so most of the time indoors is spent hovering. If I do "fly" indoors then it is very restrained and controlled... saying all that though, it depends on how much indoor space you have to fly in!

Edit:

Here are the dims:

V911:
Main Rotor: 192mm
Length: 220mm
Weight: 32g

Mini CP
Main Rotor : 240mm
Length : 210mm
Weight : 45g

Not much in it!
weeb is offline Find More Posts by weeb