HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
The best one in your price range is Clearview and you can try it before you buy it and everything is online. http://rcflightsim.com/ I'm not sure about mode 4 though.

Good Luck, Don
Great find dbennettya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Pro-Si...9017804&sr=8-2

anyways, to get the phoenix sim for cheaper than it normaly sells for look on ebay and the classified sections of rcgroups.com and helifreak.com
Jon have you ever flown on rcflightsim.com. if you have let me know what you think. i just completed the trial version and its pretty cool. I'm using the usb pc controller that looks like a big playstation 2 controller. flying inverted is hard. I'm getting it though. hovering pretty nicely. aileron gets me almost every time though. its too sensitive in the sim (or at least in the trial mode) so when i tap one way to stabilize, and its the wrong way. CRASH! but its much funner crashing this than my mini cp lmao. much credit to you 3d flyers. you skill level is in the clouds. and while mine are in the basement, I'm comin for you
Neoneo is offline Find More Posts by Neoneo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
The best one in your price range is Clearview and you can try it before you buy it and everything is online. http://rcflightsim.com/ I'm not sure about mode 4 though.

Good Luck, Don
What's the closest thing on the to a mini cp.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Mar 2011
429 Posts
Just got my mini CP after selling my Genius. Wow! Nice improvement! More power, seems like more battery time, tail holds better and I like it! Time to flp it!
PonyBoy1973 is online now Find More Posts by PonyBoy1973
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:49 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
The HobbyKing rep is wrong. Phoenix is configurable for any mode. If your hardware is mode 4. That's great.

In the Phoenix program, set up the channels appropriately. Like you would a model. The dongle simply pass the PPM signal through so Phoenix can understand it.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
Probably mCP X but it will be easier on some of the larger helis.

YMMV, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Probably mCP X but it will be easier on some of the larger helis.

YMMV, Don
I've done a figure 8 inverted with every heli on there. more like up and back lol. I'm still working on normal turning let alone inverted. I'm going to dedicate the rest of the night to the mCP X. my mini cp motor will be here tomorrow so its flipping time. YAY

that mCP X is a tough cookie
Last edited by Neoneo; Jun 06, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:52 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
I was just wondering anyone tested using super fp servo on mini?
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jun 08, 2012, 02:02 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceAFly View Post
I was just wondering anyone tested using super fp servo on mini?
It won't work, because Super FP servos do not have a controller board within, that's why they have 5 wires instead of 3...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:20 AM
Registered Canopy Crusher
United Kingdom, Scotland, Insch
Joined Apr 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Can you use the devo 8s with clearview? Would it just be a case of plugging in the supplied usb cable (the one that came with the tx that is)?
weeb is offline Find More Posts by weeb
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
Quote:
I have owned multiple MIni CPs, Genius CPs and MCPx and I have no doubt that the Mini CP is by far the best for beginners as far as basic 3D training is concerned. You rarely get issues with the motor getting bogged down or tail blowouts with MIni CP. There is just much less need for "collective management" which is a very difficult concept for beginners to grasp. It gets very depressing if you end up with a near 100% crash rate when you try your first flips.

Still the Mini CP is nothing compared to the V120D02S for basic 3D training. The big problem is that it is far less durable and you will end up with a much greater bill. Still, you can look into it as well as the new Blade 130X.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Can anyone tell me why my mini cp won't flip. My setting are the same as Tom Z or cxpilot has them posted. and I turned the gyro screw on the receiver. DR 125%. Thrcrv 100,100,100
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone tell me why my mini cp won't flip. My setting are the same as Tom Z or cxpilot has them posted. and I turned the gyro screw on the receiver. DR 125%. Thrcrv 100,100,100
What's does it do when you pull back on the elevator in stunt 2?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeb View Post
What's does it do when you pull back on the elevator in stunt 2?
I just backs up about 60-70 ft, while climbing to about 30-40 ft (maybe higher). And by the time it's almost upside down, I'm back to 10ft above the ground. Negative pitch, broken tail boom. Replaced it already
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
I just backs up about 60-70 ft, while climbing to about 30-40 ft (maybe higher). And by the time it's almost upside down, I'm back to 10ft above the ground. Negative pitch, broken tail boom. Replaced it already
Are your servos actually travelling their full potential? Could it be possible that you have a stripped elevator servo?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeb View Post
Are your servos actually travelling their full potential? Could it be possible that you have a stripped elevator servo?
If I did would it still allow me to fly normal? And how can I tell if it's stripped?