HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
here you go bud, this should help you out significantly. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000623

esc is electronic speed controller. as i understand it, it translates to a brushless motor the way a gas pedal translates to running an engine. i am not familiar with exactly how an esc works, i am sure someone here will give us a little more detail on it, such as, why a brushless motor needs one vice a brushed motor does not.
just put a bookmark on this page. thanks. I'm still trying to figure out the pnp 10a, hp03s and po5. i812 gave me that link yesterday. still haven't gotten through all of it. I'm kinda moving slow. having to look up words inside of definitions and descriptions. moving slow, but moving. ladybird didn't come today so tonight will be dedicated to research.
Neoneo is offline Find More Posts by Neoneo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Hello, I am new to RC Groups, new to this thread, and new to CP helicopters, so I hope I don't screw up my first post. I have been following this thread for a number of months now, and have noticed occasional interest in purchases fromTaobao. A while back, I was looking for a replacement for the little servo gear that sits under the brass collar on the min CP servo. Eventually I found it on Taobao, and after some more searching I found a way to purchase the gear from the US. There appeared to be a number of services such as :http://www.taobao-buying-agent.com/ who will accept payment from PayPal, and make the actual purchase for you. Of course they do charge about 10% commission, and another 4% for converting your money into Chinese currency, but CP parts are so reasonably priced, that in my opinion, the extra charges are worth it. (From what I can tell, you could actually build a CP from parts for about the same price as you can buy one.) For me, the best way to search is to go to the Google translate page, set it up for Chinese to English translation, and plug the following link into the Chinese side.
http://search.taobao.com/search?q=mini+cp&uniq=imgo
Then click on the link that appears on the English side and you will get a perfect Chinglish translation of Taobao CP listings. Incidentally, this same seller, who is selling the friction fit collars, is also selling replacement coils for the CP receiver board.
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...hgqXbMTwP3wBAA
From what I can tell, it's not exactly the same coil that Walkera uses, but the seller claims it is physically similar and works well.

I hope that the links work and that some of you will find this post helpful.
CH3OH is offline Find More Posts by CH3OH
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:12 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Tried that. The "Taobao agent" wanted way too much. A lot more than 14%.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,914 Posts
Any suggestions what else I should get from HK when I order the PowerLog 6S?

Which Tach are you using to measure the +8K RPM?
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Jun 05, 2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: added Tach question
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Powerlog 6s, lol.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
can anyone suggest a good flight simulator. hobby king has a phoenix for 14.99$ but there sold in mode 2 and mode 1. i am a mode 4 flyer. hobby king must have a lot of people calling them cause its almost impossible to contact them. i emailed them yesterday asking them about this simulator. i was very detailed in the email about the product. and i simply wanted to know if the mode 2 simulator could be switched to mode 4 in the settings. they replied asking what product i was referring to. I'm shaking my head at that one. anyway there out of stock. can anyone suggest a good flight simulator. preferable 1 for mac.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Powerlog 6s, lol.

What's so funny?

Hobbyking PowerLog 6S Multifunction Monitor & datalogger

Isn't that the one you said you liked so much the other day?

What else should I get for the Mini?
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoneo View Post
can anyone suggest a good flight simulator. hobby king has a phoenix for 14.99$ but there sold in mode 2 and mode 1. i am a mode 4 flyer. hobby king must have a lot of people calling them cause its almost impossible to contact them. i emailed them yesterday asking them about this simulator. i was very detailed in the email about the product. and i simply wanted to know if the mode 2 simulator could be switched to mode 4 in the settings. they replied asking what product i was referring to. I'm shaking my head at that one. anyway there out of stock. can anyone suggest a good flight simulator. preferable 1 for mac.
What makes you think it is Phoenix Sim?

I paid about $130 direct to the UK company a couple years ago without a TX, for use with my DX7. I use the DX7 in Mode 2, but I think it can be easily changed to work in any Mode, and all Mode changing does is swap the Stick Signals, but everything leaving the TX is the same no matter which Mode the TX is in because all four Modes have to "talk" exactly the same to the RX. The Mode is for User Interface, the RX Interface is not adjustable.

Now, I think Amazon.com has Pheonix Sim without TX for $115 free shipping.
Last edited by i812; Jun 05, 2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
What makes you think it is Phoenix Sim?

I paid about $130 direct to the UK company a couple years ago without a TX, for use with my DX7. I use the DX7 in Mode 2, but I think it can be easily changed to work in any Mode, and all Mode changing does is swap the Stick Signals, but everything leaving the TX is the same no matter which Mode the TX is in because all for Modes have to "talk" exactly the same to the RX. The Mode is for User Interface, the RX Interface is not adjustable.

Now, I think Amazon.com has Pheonix Sim without TX for $115 free shipping.
the person who referred me to it on this forum says its a phoenix. either way, if i get a flight simulator that only uses mode 2 flying, which I'm not use to at all, how is that going to help me flying 3d in mode 4. i would get use to the wrong controls. plus i tried mode 2 and it seems impossible to me. all of my helis rudder on the right stick. same with my video games. call of duty, left for dead, the list goes on. strafe/eileron left stick, head swivel/rudder right stick. I'm to use to it this way. i found cheapo flight sims like this one: http://www.realrecreationusa.com/p/6...r-7890423.html but i want to make sure the thing is gonna work, and do 3d. the product description on the sims I've seen online do not mention 3d. not even the $100.00+ models (but I'm sure they do it). I'm not looking for anything fancy. trying to stay under $30 plus shipping. helipal has 1 for $23 http://www.helipal.com/skyartec-flight-simulator.html
but i don't feel like waiting a week+ for it to get here. google shopping suggest helipal as the only place to get that 1. so if you come by any, please shoot a link my way
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:07 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Guys for the collar problem, I just put a drop of CA to my main shaft and problem solved. Never have any problem since and you can still remove the shaft from the top part if needed.
Cheers!
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:16 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,513 Posts
Neoneo: The SIM software will allow you to configure your controller any way you want. Mode 1, Mode 2, Mode 3, Mode 4, etc.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined May 2012
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Neoneo: The SIM software will allow you to configure your controller any way you want. Mode 1, Mode 2, Mode 3, Mode 4, etc.
just got an email from hobby king. the sim only does mode 2. and their out of stock anyway. you see, this is what I'm talking about. i would like to assume that the sims do all modes but that would not be productive for me. Daryoon, do you have a link or the name of a sim that can train me on 3d flying in mode 4. o yea, and not $100+. <$40 or 50?
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
just got an email from hobby king. the sim only does mode 2. and their out of stock anyway. you see, this is what I'm talking about. i would like to assume that the sims do all modes but that would not be productive for me. Daryoon, do you have a link or the name of a sim that can train me on 3d flying in mode 4. o yea, and not $100+. <$40 or 50?
The best one in your price range is Clearview and you can try it before you buy it and everything is online. http://rcflightsim.com/ I'm not sure about mode 4 though.

Good Luck, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Pro-Si...9017804&sr=8-2

this is the simulator i use and pretty much everyone else uses. the usb cable is what makes it expensive since it pirate protects the software. you can use your own controller no problem so long as it has the outlet for it (dsc flap).
i fly mode 4 as well, never got used to mode 2 like most other flyers. it does not matter what mode you fly with the phoenix sim, everything is adjustable. yes, you can do 3d all day. you can even put an option that cuts your motor off randomly and adds winds. you can even fly with other people from around the world. you will not find any walkera helis in the program though. the closest to a walkera v120 setup is the trex 250 3g flybarless.

anyways, to get the phoenix sim for cheaper than it normaly sells for look on ebay and the classified sections of rcgroups.com and helifreak.com
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:44 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post

What's so funny?

Hobbyking PowerLog 6S Multifunction Monitor & datalogger

Isn't that the one you said you liked so much the other day?

What else should I get for the Mini?
powerlog 6s, say that fast 10 times, see if that will give you a lol as well.
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter