HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Aug 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I would contact your vendor or Walkera directly to see whether anything can be done about your board. Walkera has been repairing damaged boards for free recently provided that shipping is paid both ways. It takes around a month though and I have a number of boards under repair right now.
I did sent out e-mail request to walkera, too bad no response from them.
After 1 month of waiting finally just got a BNF to fly with.
I will keep the old one as spare part. Had checked with the new CP main board the old one just got burned out on the main board, all other electronics parts are still working.
Tovin is offline Find More Posts by Tovin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2012, 01:46 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin View Post
I did sent out e-mail request to walkera, too bad no response from them.
After 1 month of waiting finally just got a BNF to fly with.
I will keep the old one as spare part. Had checked with the new CP main board the old one just got burned out on the main board, all other electronics parts are still working.
It seems that Walkera is still quite patchy with regards to replying to customer inquiries. Some have reported prompt responses but others have not. Perhaps the trick is to contact individual Walkera staff directly. Another possibility is to contact HobbyOne which I strongly suspect is the Internet retail arm of Walkera.

Still, it would be quite useful to know whether Walkera will fix receivers for overseas customers. For some reason, there seems to be high incidence of receiver damage with the Mini CP. I have now damaged my third receiver in 3 weeks. However, I must add that I have flown it into a puddle of water the day before. It seems that I have blown both the main motor and tail motor FET. However, I may still be able to use it with a brushless ESC.

Another issue is that my main motor seems to have gone soft after 50 flights. I wonder how many flights is everybody getting for the main motor before it goes soft?
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old May 19, 2012, 08:42 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
It seems that Walkera is still quite patchy with regards to replying to customer inquiries. Some have reported prompt responses but others have not. Perhaps the trick is to contact individual Walkera staff directly. Another possibility is to contact HobbyOne which I strongly suspect is the Internet retail arm of Walkera.

Still, it would be quite useful to know whether Walkera will fix receivers for overseas customers. For some reason, there seems to be high incidence of receiver damage with the Mini CP. I have now damaged my third receiver in 3 weeks. However, I must add that I have flown it into a puddle of water the day before. It seems that I have blown both the main motor and tail motor FET. However, I may still be able to use it with a brushless ESC.

Another issue is that my main motor seems to have gone soft after 50 flights. I wonder how many flights is everybody getting for the main motor before it goes soft?
Based from what i've read and experience as well. Mini and genius main motor lasts only 50 to 100 flights. This is why i am considering to go brushless not for more headspeed but for way longer motor lifespan.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old May 19, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Anyone know how to setup a throttle to rudder mix on the devo 7? Step by step? I get blow outs running my rewound motor. On hard pitch pumps, the tail goes 90 degrees. Sometimes more!
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old May 19, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Anyone know how to setup a throttle to rudder mix on the devo 7? Step by step? I get blow outs running my rewound motor. On hard pitch pumps, the tail goes 90 degrees. Sometimes more!
Hey Mesc, try this let me know how it works, i got on this site i think awhile back.
Len

Also solved my slow ccw tail drift problem of my Mini CP by setup Program Mix. I use value -10, now the tail no big drift even turn on and off, only a little cw drift in first few seconds if the battery is fully charged.

Function Menu -> Program Mix

Program Mix 1 -> Curve

Master: Throttle
Slave: Rudder
Expo: Off

Point / Output
L point is set to -10% on the output
point 1 is inhibit
point 2 is inhibit
point M is set to -10%
point 3 is inhibit
point 4 is inhibit
point H is set to -10%

On the bottom where is says "Switch" set it to "always on"
Close to the top under where it says "Slave" it has a "Exp" option i have mine set to OFF.
lent57 is offline Find More Posts by lent57
Old May 19, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
i just did my first heli flip and inverted hover ever. very easy and smooth in this heli just like how it is in the simulator. on top of that my tail boom broke a bit from the mainframe and it still does it. I can see the boom hanging in there inverted. this is one amazing heli.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old May 19, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Trimmed the yard of dandelines inverted today. I'm not sure what was wrong with my mini but it appears I have fixed it. The c05 still bogs easily so I have my pitch t/a at 60%, rudder at 150% and eveything else at 100%. No dual rates or expo. Full negative to full positive pitch pumps with no tail blowout with the 7mm tail motor. I have a hp05s to put in it so I'll get to experiment and find what needs to be done for tail holding again. It has plenty of power now but, you know, you can never have enough power, lol. I need to tear it down to do some balancing because it does this little tail wag/ cyclic wobble every now and then.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old May 20, 2012, 02:23 AM
Joined Apr 2009
99 Posts
Quote:

Hi Zadaw,

Have you tried to lubricate the motors?

I am using WD-40 on my tail motors (brushed) on my GCP.

With WD-40 I get more than 500 four minutes flights before I need to replace the motor. I have used this on my brushed 4#3b tail motors. It increased the life span from 30 flights to 300-400 flights.

My GCP is with BL motor so I can not say anything about the main motor but I suspect that you will get improved life span.
zvok is offline Find More Posts by zvok
Old May 20, 2012, 03:09 AM
Joined Feb 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvok View Post
I am using WD-40 on my tail motors (brushed) on my GCP.
I think that might not be a good idea: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1590924
Zoide is offline Find More Posts by Zoide
Old May 20, 2012, 04:29 AM
Joined Apr 2009
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoide View Post
I think that might not be a good idea: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1590924
Zoide,

I can tell you from experience with three different helicopters that WD-40 is fine for this purpose. I have tried and used this method in the last three years on the 4#3b, Genius and mCPx.

My experience with tail motors is that it increases the motor life span from 30-50 flights to more than 500. I apply the oil every ~30 flights. Before the first flight I apply the oil.

WD-40 is a very light lubricant that will penetrate through the tight gap of the motor shaft. If you have a better light lubricant then great!!

I am not sure what deposits people are afraid of. WD-40 is hydrogenated kerosene and should not have any deposits. If there are the deposits will be washed by the next lubrication.

In any case you are welcome to try it. It costs nothing and it can save you money and the hassle of replacing the motors.

If you do not want to try it that is OK also.
Old May 20, 2012, 05:29 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Anyone tried the C05S as a tail motor? HK just got em thinking about trying it
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old May 20, 2012, 06:24 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Zoide,

I can tell you from experience with three different helicopters that WD-40 is fine for this purpose. I have tried and used this method in the last three years on the 4#3b, Genius and mCPx.

My experience with tail motors is that it increases the motor life span from 30-50 flights to more than 500. I apply the oil every ~30 flights. Before the first flight I apply the oil.

WD-40 is a very light lubricant that will penetrate through the tight gap of the motor shaft. If you have a better light lubricant then great!!

I am not sure what deposits people are afraid of. WD-40 is hydrogenated kerosene and should not have any deposits. If there are the deposits will be washed by the next lubrication.

In any case you are welcome to try it. It costs nothing and it can save you money and the hassle of replacing the motors.

If you do not want to try it that is OK also.
I don't think the problem with WD40 is related to lube the bearings.
WD40 is known to dissolve some plastics.
And in relations to coreless motors it may dissolve the tube that windings is done around.
And when is used in a mini cp motor it can dissolve epoxi round commutor.

Regards
Paul
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old May 20, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Apr 2009
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle_Plutt View Post
I don't think the problem with WD40 is related to lube the bearings.
WD40 is known to dissolve some plastics.
And in relations to coreless motors it may dissolve the tube that windings is done around.
And when is used in a mini cp motor it can dissolve epoxi round commutor.

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul,

This really puzzles me . You have not tried it but you already have an opinion against it. After three years of doing this procedure I have not seen any evidence that the WD-40 dissolves the plastic used by Walkera or Eflite in these models (4#3b and Genius and Eflite's mCPx).

If you are afraid that it will damage your motor's epoxy then do not use it.

I am telling you from my own experience (not someone elses) that I have been using it for three years very successfully and that the motor performs very well after 500 4 minutes flights.

As I see it there are two choices anyone that reads this post has, first choice is, "sacrafice" one motor and see for themselves if it works as I describe, or the other choice is, continue to speculate if it dissolves plastic and if not the plastic the epoxy and if not the epoxy something else. While speculating one can continue to replace the "dead" motors every 30-50 flights. At least the epoxy in the "dead" motor will not be damaged.

It is up to you.

Have fun
Old May 20, 2012, 09:28 AM
Kingdom of Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Lindome
Joined Jul 2011
195 Posts
Quote:
Hi Paul,

This really puzzles me . You have not tried it but you already have an opinion against it. After three years of doing this procedure I have not seen any evidence that the WD-40 dissolves the plastic used by Walkera or Eflite in these models (4#3b and Genius and Eflite's mCPx).

If you are afraid that it will damage your motor's epoxy then do not use it.

I am telling you from my own experience (not someone elses) that I have been using it for three years very successfully and that the motor performs very well after 500 4 minutes flights.

As I see it there are two choices anyone that reads this post has, first choice is, "sacrafice" one motor and see for themselves if it works as I describe, or the other choice is, continue to speculate if it dissolves plastic and if not the plastic the epoxy and if not the epoxy something else. While speculating one can continue to replace the "dead" motors every 30-50 flights. At least the epoxy in the "dead" motor will not be damaged.

It is up to you.

Have fun
Hi

I don't know why you got angry with me.
Maybe my bad English.
I use WD40 to day on my helis and have done so for 15 years on RC cars in spesific places.
I have done my share of bad desision where to apply WD40.
I only wanted to give "heads up" to other that there are places that Wd40 is great and other where it's not so great.
Maybe you mixed me up with somebody else that had a opinion with out there own experience.
Palle_Plutt is offline Find More Posts by Palle_Plutt
Old May 20, 2012, 10:25 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
I have no idea how the metal motor fingers last 500 flights...WD40 or no. The fingers usually are the culprit of these motors not bearings or anything so I wouldnt think it would do much. Thats insane for one of these motors. WD40 isnt actually really a lubricant, I know some people break in their motors with the water submersion method by replacing water with WD40 but never heard spraying em every once in a while will increase their life by tenfold.
If you really get 500 batteries out of your motors my hats off to you sir.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF