HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Can someone measure the distance between the visible carbon fiber part of the boom. I need the measurement of just the carbon fiber. So from the very end of the fuselage to the tip of the tail motor housing. If you can do this quickly, please. I had glued in my boom and I am trying to reinstall it. I think the boom can be pushed into the fuse a bit more but something is stopping it. I think some glue is in there but I cannot see it. Thats why i need the measurement.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Nov 2007
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Can someone measure the distance between the visible carbon fiber part of the boom. I need the measurement of just the carbon fiber. So from the very end of the fuselage to the tip of the tail motor housing. If you can do this quickly, please. I had glued in my boom and I am trying to reinstall it. I think the boom can be pushed into the fuse a bit more but something is stopping it. I think some glue is in there but I cannot see it. Thats why i need the measurement.
The full length of the tail boom is 125mm, mine one after insert both ends into the frame and housing, the visible part is 107mm, I checked I cannot push in more.
pauliu is offline Find More Posts by pauliu
Old May 15, 2012, 09:34 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
In case anyone wants to know, the tail motor on the NE Bravo SX has the same dimensions as the one on my Genius CP, except the shaft is not as long. The tail rotor fits, though. The tail set of the Bravo SX is cheapest at myrcmart at $2.99. The tail boom & motor holder are unusable with my Genius CP because it is narrower at 1.76 mm.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old May 15, 2012, 05:28 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
here is a quick question, i am sure somebody knows. how compatible is the v100d03 to the mini cp? blades? canopy? batteries? tail motor and boom?
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old May 15, 2012, 05:55 PM
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Apr 2012
342 Posts
also, how does the stock brushless motor on the v100d03 stack up against a c05?
Jon.M.Barter is offline Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
Old May 15, 2012, 10:55 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
This is from Tom Z's "... Mini ... Review ..." thread:

The first page of Tom's thread has a lot of helpful info.
Thanks very much,I tested yesterday,the blades are so sharp and got my hand hurt
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old May 16, 2012, 07:35 AM
Registered Canopy Crusher
United Kingdom, Scotland, Insch
Joined Apr 2012
61 Posts
Just placed my order for the Mini CP and a Devo 8S.... Can't Wait!!!!
weeb is offline Find More Posts by weeb
Old May 16, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Quote:
I have stopped using the bockman motor altogether now. I had bought a handful of c05 and m5 stators. Some with bells some not. I am rewinding them to find the best wind scenario. So far 5 turns of dual strand 30awg is insane power! Twice the power of the bockman, way to much power on a 8t pinion and genius maingear! Plus flight times in the house doing circles and pitch pumps were only 2minutes and the 300mah turnigy nano(for solo-pro) came down toasty. Motor stayed cool though. That wind is for someone who wants to have too much power for a short time. Might be good for 7t pinion.

I tried 10 turns of 32awg and the power was marginal. I used it with the mini maingear and 9t pinion , pitch pumps were slow compared to stock c05 on a 9t pinion. Flight times in the house was well over 8 minutes though on a turnigy nano 300mah. I think the wind I have now is the best so far. I am using a 9t pinion with genius maingear and flight times outside are 6 minutes. Thats with heavy sport flying. I havent tried fliping and inverted hovering yet with this wind. This wind is 8 turns of 291/2 awg wire. A tiny bit thicker then 30awg. I have been flying it with 300mah nano and it comes down cool, as does the motor. I flew with my zippy 350mah 20c and rcecho/ebay 350mah 20c and they come down cool as well but flight times are about 30sec less. Pitch pumps are nice and fast too, crazy fast without a canopy.

I just got the 29awg wire I ordered from ebay and plan to wire up another stator. If I can get 8 turns then it would be the perfect motor. It will have more power then the stock c05 and have super long flights. I barely had enough room for the 29 1/2awg wire so I dont know if 8 turns will fit. We will see!

********I just got back from flying my 29 1/2awg 8turn c05 motor with 9t pinion and genius maingear.I wanted to see how much performance I could get and could ony think of one thing, FLIPS!

I managed 81 complete backflips, one right after another. I ran out of battery juice at 6min 40sec, but still had enough to do some sport flying until 7min 14sec. So this motor I rewound is pretty nice. That was using the 350mah 25c Walkera battery out of the double brushless kit. This is only my 3rd day flipping the heli so I am not that good or quick at it. I also managed a 25 second inverted hover! I also hit myself in the head with the heli and put a gash on my scalp.

I will update soon about the 29awg motor.
Why did you stop using the bockman motor is there problems with it ?
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old May 16, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Well I did it, I rewound a m5 with 8 turns of 29awg wire. I get 5min 30sec flights with it wired up WYE thats with 300mah turnigy. Lots of power with a 9t pinion. I wondered how much power would the motor put out if I ended the connection delta. WOW crazy power, The insane power only lasted maybe 2/12 minutes and then lasted to 3 1/2 with low power with the 300mah turnigy. The battery was warm and the motor barely warm. Here is a video. This is with an 8tooth pinion with genius maingear. I tried a 9tooth pinion but there was way too much power, plus runtime was extremley low.

Walkera Mini cp with 8tooth pinion genius maingear Walkera 350mah 25C M5motor rewound (3 min 1 sec)

***54885****
I stopped using bockmans motor because I wound a 29 1/2awg motor that runs better/longer etc. I have been experimenting with different winds etc. Trying to find that perfect balance of power and battery life. With the 29 1/2awg motor I did 81 flips in 6min 30 seconds and still had power left using turnigy nano 300mah (for solopro)
Last edited by mescalinedream; May 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old May 16, 2012, 10:47 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Quality cameras capable of 1080p video are cheap. The Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS is the one I have. 1080p is a little too much, so I settle for 720p.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old May 16, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I dont know why the quality came out like that, kids must of messed with the settings. I was using a CANON Powershot SX100 IS which is nice but isnt hd. We bought our kid a 720hd camera that I should have used. I decided to take that motor out too and stick my 29 1/2 awg motor back in. That 29 had too much power with not enough runtime. It would be perfect for crazy 3d but I can only do back flips.

here is a vid I just made with the 29 1/2awg motor(this is not the 29awg beast), you can see the difference in sound from one motor to the next.
Walkera Minicp rewound m5 29 1/2awg 8 turns 9tpinion genius maingear turnigy 300mah (1 min 5 sec)
Last edited by mescalinedream; May 16, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Apr 2009
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I bought a replacement receiver and flew 20 packs with the Mini CP today. Again, It was an incredible session and I could hardly believe my eyes what I was doing. I flew continuous inverted FFF circuits for the first time today, both L and R circuits. This was something I would never have expected to do so soon. I was able to instinctively bank in the right direction while turning and they were almost as smooth as my upright circuits. I was able to keep the height relatively stable.

It was done with a stock Mini CP. I gather that a few people have been having problems in converting the Mini CP to brushless. Perhaps this is something you do not need to do at all. As it is, the MIni CP is the greatest basic 3D I have ever flown, and this includes the MCPx, Genius CP and V120D02S. It is heads and shoulders above any other 100 sized CPs.
Hi Zadaw,

I am glad to read that you are so happy with the MCP.

You say that the MCP is so much better than any 100 size helis the mCPx and the GCP.

It is obvious from your posts that in the last 6-9 month your flying skills are very much improved since you own or owned and flew the mCPx, GCP,V120d02S and the MCP.

My question to you is: with your improved flying skills if you go back to the GCP how do you evaluate it compared to the MCP?

Thanks
zvok is offline Find More Posts by zvok
Old May 17, 2012, 01:51 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvok View Post
Hi Zadaw,

I am glad to read that you are so happy with the MCP.

You say that the MCP is so much better than any 100 size helis the mCPx and the GCP.

It is obvious from your posts that in the last 6-9 month your flying skills are very much improved since you own or owned and flew the mCPx, GCP,V120d02S and the MCP.

My question to you is: with your improved flying skills if you go back to the GCP how do you evaluate it compared to the MCP?

Thanks
Hi Zvok

I can't really go back to the Genius CP right now as it is now in flying condition. I never got to the state of doing inverted hovering with it. I was able to do a number of flips before it got very inconsistent. The motor got bogged down every time I went inverted and the heli crashed. I started breaking servos as well as receivers. I never really understood why it didn't work. Perhaps the motor and batteries were getting old, or that I couldn't get the meshing right.

I tried to convert it to brushless with the Walkera brushless conversion kit and it wouldn't work either. The tail just wouldn't hold. It has been very disappointing for me. For sports flying, it is completely alright and may even be better than the MIni CP. Street vendors in Hong Kong have stopped selling the Genius CP even though it is still being produced.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old May 17, 2012, 03:53 AM
Joined Apr 2009
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Hi Zvok

I can't really go back to the Genius CP right now as it is now in flying condition. I never got to the state of doing inverted hovering with it. I was able to do a number of flips before it got very inconsistent. The motor got bogged down every time I went inverted and the heli crashed. I started breaking servos as well as receivers. I never really understood why it didn't work. Perhaps the motor and batteries were getting old, or that I couldn't get the meshing right.

I tried to convert it to brushless with the Walkera brushless conversion kit and it wouldn't work either. The tail just wouldn't hold. It has been very disappointing for me. For sports flying, it is completely alright and may even be better than the MIni CP. Street vendors in Hong Kong have stopped selling the Genius CP even though it is still being produced.
Hi Zadaw,

Thanks for interesting response.

Is your MCP BL?
Your observation that street vendors in HK stopped selling the GCP even though Walkera still produces them is interesting.
zvok is offline Find More Posts by zvok
Old May 17, 2012, 08:03 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvok View Post
Hi Zadaw,

Thanks for interesting response.

Is your MCP BL?
Your observation that street vendors in HK stopped selling the GCP even though Walkera still produces them is interesting.
I am just using the stock brushed motor with 350mAH batteries. Of the Mini CP, Genius CP, and MCPx, it is the only one that can use the stock motor reliably to lean 3D. Also, I have not have a single tail blowout with the Mini CP, whereas I have had loads with the MCPx and some with the Genius CP.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw