HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
itsmillertime, did you receive your 350mah 25C lipo order from aliexpress? how is it?
No, I got a shipment notification on the 14th but they use "i-parcel" and they apparently suck so it might be a while. I killed my motor anyways so I'm waiting on another slow boat from China with them aboard. Wish me tail winds...

Got her rehabilitated and she looks like new. Went from this (inverted practice):

To:

I got a little carried away with the canopy/ motor clearancing and cut too far forward but whatever, I'll smash it in short order anyways. I also cut a new boom 10mm longer, heatshrinked the entire length from where it exits the frame to where it enters the tail mount and then added one more larger piece on the frame to boom junction. I cut my stock tail mount for my new 7mm 4g3 tail motor and glued it in before running my wires like an idiot. I screwed up and applied too much glue and destroyed the mount trying to get the motor back out. I also popped the endcap off the motor but got it back on and working except it has some in/ out shaft play now . And that was the only mount I had. I hooked it up to the esc anyways and it feels more powerful than the stock 6mm so hopefully my tail will hold better now. I think I'm ordering this mount/ motor tonight.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,740 Posts
i believe that motor mount is for a round tail boom and not for a square one like the Mini/Genius boom is...might be mistaken tho..
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:25 AM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
It is. I'm weighing my options now. Since I can't find 2mm square rod, only the tube, I can either use 2mm round rod, build up the frame end with ca and then sand it square. Or ream out the tail mount for the square tube.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:33 AM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
The square tubes inside diameter is 1mm so I'll stick a length off 1mm rod inside the 2mm square tube and ream out the tail mount. Better yet, I'll stick a 2" piece of 1mm rod inside the frame end of the square boom and then a 1" piece in the tail mount end which I will sand round to fit in the holder. So I'll have the highest strength and lightest weight tube/ rod hybrid that'll fit my needs.
Last edited by itsmillertime; Apr 21, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Got the 350 25c's today (7 days shipping, not too bad). The are almost the same as the 350 20c's but a little thicker. It's a tight fit in the battery tray which might be a problem if they get puffy and push up on the main shaft if the landing gear is seated all the way in the frame. I need to pick up another scale today and I'll weight them. I can't flight test them as I'm waiting on a new c05m and the 7mm tail mount both of which are coming from China. I'm having withdrawals, lol.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:58 PM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
952 Posts
My tail boom splintered the other day, so I used 2mm solid rod with a few drops of thick CA to hold it in place. I wrapped the wires around the rod, seems to stay in place just fine.

BTW the canopy is EPP!
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Hey, I posted on helifreak about making a canopy from epp. I didnt have enough though. Whats the weight of it?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
Advice please!!!

Hi, so the stock lipo is 240MA, i found its pretty bad for flight times, does the 350MAH give better flight time and also RPM???

Can someone tell me if the genius motor in the mini cp works better and do the latest mini CP have better gearing???

Thanks
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Get a genius motor with genius main gear. You will see the stock 240 battery lasts about 6min with the genius motor and maingear
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Anyone have a c05m and tail mount I can borrow? Lol, I really want to fly this thing.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
i just installed the genius motor. way better than the mini's. it even has an auto rotation effect.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Anyone have a c05m and tail mount I can borrow? Lol, I really want to fly this thing.
Yes most of us do have c05 & tail mount but its in our gcp Sorry for that lol
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:16 PM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Hey, I posted on helifreak about making a canopy from epp. I didnt have enough though. Whats the weight of it?
The weight is 1.32g painted.
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Mar 2010
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Get a genius motor with genius main gear. You will see the stock 240 battery lasts about 6min with the genius motor and maingear
Thanks but is it more or less powerful than stock then??
helicraze is offline Find More Posts by helicraze
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:18 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,740 Posts
less powerful then stock cause it is a core less motor....the mcpx motor is supposed to work well with the Mini/Genius
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty