HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:40 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
ITSMILLERTIME As far as pitch amounts im running 60 in pitch travel adjust and 100 in pitch curves and heli flips fine with the same set up .Also travel adjust is at 90 for both elev and ale control . As you do more flips you will find that your collective use will get better and your tail will not blow out .
I took it back up to 58% before I crashed and tore it up. I'm going to get 2mm square rod this time instead of tube and also heat shrink the frame/ tail boom junction. I got a deal on a hp05s and plan to pair it with a 7mm 4g3 tail motor. Hopefully I'll be able to take the pitch t/a back up to 75+.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Is the walkera brushless tail motor available separately anywhere? As well as the dual brushless esc? I may as well go the brushless route, not a fan of brushed motors anyways. Care to part with yours Mescaline?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
microheli makes a tail fin/motor mount, looks like it should hold a 7mm tail motor. probably even better using it with an extended boom.

scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,990 Posts
Tail Motor Holder

Thanks for posting.

Too bad Micro Heli doesn't list its weight. Almost makes me wonder if they might be trying to hide something? Although, they don't seem to be afraid of it's $19 + shipping price tag.

The stock Walkera Tail Holder weighs 0.27 g, and with Tail Boom costs no more than $4.70 shipped from Banggood.

I've already broken the back part of the stock Tail Motor Holder (Tail Motor is now being partly held by Gorilla Glue - thanks for the tip Mescaline ), and completely lost the Tail Fin (replaced with DIY made from scrap Credit Card).
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Apr 12, 2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
I'm going to try the 7mm tail motor first. Anyone have any idea where I can get 2mm ball links like in this pic?

I also need dead stock servos. Condition doesn't matter, I only need the cases. Also, anyone have any of the HK-5320 orange servos?
Last edited by itsmillertime; Apr 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I would sell you the double brushless tail and double esc but the thing is real touchy and I felt it was a miracle that I actually got the thing running. The brushless tail had 1 wire broken in the package that I had to solder. The dual esc had to be pluged in about 5 times before it worked. I know it sounds like a good upgrade but it's heavy and not worth it.

I now know why Bob was unloading them onto people for free. He was probably getting complaints.

Itsmillertime, did you see the post I had made about screw on the rx and what it does? I remember you had said that you fiddled with it, you may want to readjust that screw with the settings I had posted. It may help with your flying. If you want a real loose/quick heli make the flat part of the screw point at 6 o'clock . I fly mine pointing to seven.

One more thing to consider, go to nanoheli and find their minicp further down the first page. They use a green capped version of a brushed tail motor. They have reported that the tail does not blow out at all with it. I had also read on a Chinese site that the use of the wasp 100 tail motor works great. I didn't look up the motor though.

Nanoheli is also using a mcpx tail holder for that motor with the mini.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:13 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
I took it back up to 58% before I crashed and tore it up. I'm going to get 2mm square rod this time instead of tube and also heat shrink the frame/ tail boom junction. I got a deal on a hp05s and plan to pair it with a 7mm 4g3 tail motor. Hopefully I'll be able to take the pitch t/a back up to 75+.
Hp05s 4g3 tail works very well I had my pitch set pretty high 80 each way I think and no blowout but I found it to be twichy on pitch inputs so lowered my pitch to 65 and I loved it plenty of power rock solid tail using kbdd tail blade. Couldnt ask for more out of a heli that size.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I cant for the life of me understand why everyones tail blows out with the mini. It doesnt make sense. Tons of people say the tail is great, me included, others report its awful. It is either a bad tail, or gyro or it all has to do with settings. I am thinking it has to do with settings. We all have model memory with the devo, make a new model with completely different settings. use Manny's settings, Tom Z settings, anything that is much different then your own. Make sure your travel adjust is different then your own and pitch curves. See if that helps the tail
Also, make sure your mainshaft collar is tight, make sure the gear is tight, make sure there is no up and down play on the rotor.
Make sure your blades are flat at 50 percent throttle. If you do not know how to do that then look it up. You have to turn servo hold on along with the throttle hold. Or just unplug the motor. I think I had read someone say "to check the blades you need to turn the heli off and move the servos etc. No , that is not the way.The heli needs to be on to check 50% throttle blades at 0 degrees. MAke sure the flat part of the mini's rx is not facing 6/7 oclock, that is pretty extreme unless you want it that way. I like mine 8/9 o'clock.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
I found the best way to check the blades at 50% is to like you said, put it on throttle hold. This will allow the pitch servo to bring the swash to 50% of its travel. Then check the blades and adjust them accordingly. I did this and my mini will hover hands off very well, hardly any wander.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
If tail is blowing out you probally have to much pitch . Check amount of pitch with a pitch gauge . Also if your banging the colective it will blow out even with a brushless main .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Also the little pot on the board seems to be like my cgy750 were you can either control expo with the board or the radio usually not both . I have the flat of the screw set at 7 oclock which i believe is no expo set in the board and then i set the expo in radio to + 50 percent and it feels the same . If you turn off expo in board you can better fine tune the stick feel in the radio .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
Also the little pot on the board seems to be like my cgy750 were you can either control expo with the board or the radio usually not both . I have the flat of the screw set at 7 oclock which i believe is no expo set in the board and then i set the expo in radio to + 50 percent and it feels the same . If you turn off expo in board you can better fine tune the stick feel in the radio .
FYI: The pot controls gyro gain, not expo.
djjd42 is offline Find More Posts by djjd42
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Has anyone have any feedback on these?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Here's my mini with a goblin canopy You can find the thread with the template over on Helifreak in the MCP X forum.

Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post
Hp05s 4g3 tail works very well I had my pitch set pretty high 80 each way I think and no blowout but I found it to be twichy on pitch inputs so lowered my pitch to 65 and I loved it plenty of power rock solid tail using kbdd tail blade. Couldnt ask for more out of a heli that size.
Good to hear. I bet it was insane with hp05s power with a tail that holds... can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
Has anyone have any feedback on these?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
If they're indeed 25C then that's a great deal. I just ordered a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
Here's my mini with a goblin canopy You can find the thread with the template over on Helifreak in the MCP X forum.

That's cool. I've been thinking about a stockish looking paper canopy.