Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovin View Post
I was too careless, didn't take note of battery polarity & plug in Turnigy nano Lipo into Mini CP.
Too late when I saw smoke came off from the Main receiver board.
Aileron servo won't move & main motor won't spin, but still have control over tail, elevator & pitch servo.
Anyone know how to repair the main receiver board?
Cost $60 for main board, rather order ARF MiniCP set if can't repair.
Sorry for your loss Usually reverse polarity = TRASH because it usually fries every semiconductor on the circuit board. If your lucky the servos may have survived but maybe not.

YMMV, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,984 Posts
All may not be lost!

Think of the bright side: You probably did it without smoking the pot, or having to roll a new coil, so those two parts are probably still as good as new, and can still be used by someone? If you don't want them, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Also, it might be possible to turn the negative mishap into a positive "lesson":

In most electrical cases, it's probably NEVER a good idea to connect a RED wire to a BLACK wire, or vice versa.

There might be a reason why people all over the world are in the habit of choosing the colors RED (color of blood) and BLACK (color of death) to signify potentially dangerous situations?

Sometimes a good education is costly.

Quote:

Remember what the doorman said:
Feed your head.
- Alice
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Apr 10, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
Dang Plane.
USA
Joined Feb 2006
415 Posts
I have yet another problem on the Mini CP.Whenever I pitch up (whether up or upside down) it piros out of control. I've tried all different gyro settings

The tail isn't holding NEARLY as well as I've seen in videos online
3D-flyer-93 is offline Find More Posts by 3D-flyer-93
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:01 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
All may not be lost!

Think of the bright side: You probably did it without smoking the pot, or having to roll a new coil, so those two parts are probably still as good as new, and can still be used by someone? If you don't want them, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Also, it might be possible to turn the negative mishap into a positive "lesson":

In most electrical cases, it's probably NEVER a good idea to connect a RED wire to a BLACK wire, or vice versa.

There might be a reason why people all over the world are in the habit of choosing the colors RED (color of blood) and BLACK (color of death) to signify potentially dangerous situations?

Sometimes a good education is costly.

Quote:

Remember what the doorman said:
Feed your head.
- Alice

I would rather do it while smoking the pot. Oh wait....
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I had read before about the polarity being backward on those batteries. I received my walkera style battery connectors from ebay and they were all backward. Easy fix but it still needs to be noted.

3d flyer. It is either your settings in your radio or its a bad tail motor, broken or frayed wire going to your tail motor , or the tail boom has worked its way out of the fuse. most likely. Go through all of your settings. Also make sure your wires are not crimped/bent anywhere. Push your tail boom in all the way, make sure there is no cracks to let it bend. Try spinning the tail blade while the motor is off, it should spin. Smell it, burnt? Check all the wires. What have you done differently? Check all your switches to make sure they are in the right places.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-flyer-93 View Post
I have yet another problem on the Mini CP.Whenever I pitch up (whether up or upside down) it piros out of control. I've tried all different gyro settings

The tail isn't holding NEARLY as well as I've seen in videos online

Check your tail blade to make sure it isn't cracked or bent.
If not maybe your tail motor is bad.

Here are the gyro settings again. If you use Mode Auto then it will apply
the gryo settings automaticall for you in each mode.

GYRO - MODE- AUTO

Set as high as you can go without getting tail wag.

NORM - 88.0%

ST 1 - 88.0%

ST 2 - 88.0%

TRVAD - Pitch L & H = 60-70%. If this is set too high the tail may blow out.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Apr 10, 2012, 05:24 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
I had read before about the polarity being backward on those batteries. I received my walkera style battery connectors from ebay and they were all backward. Easy fix but it still needs to be noted.

I think smoking the pot is one thing, but burning down the house is another:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
Just went to charge my Turnigy Nano-Tech 1s 750mAh LiPo that I am gonna use for my V120D02S and my breaker tripped so tried twice to reset and just tripped right away. Went and checked the batt and the charger was super hot and melting. I checked the batt and the polarity is reversed. My DUMB move for not thinking to check. Maybe if I plugged it in the heli 1st I would have noticed cus the wires would have been a diff color but the charger wires are Black. If you buy these LiPos for your Walkera helis just pull out the wires and reverse. I know Losi uses these connectors and they are reverse from Walkera(Dont ask how I know)

***The point of this post is NOT to say that HK wired the batts wrong as I know they are not. Just that they are wired opposite of Walkera batts/charger***
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:36 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Pulled off my first flip to inverted hover today. But at full negative I didn't have enough pitch to maintain altitude. I'm running 50% pitch t/a to keep the tail from blowing out. Maybe my c05m is a freak and is better than you all's or I have something seriously wrong somewhere. I think it's time to order a 4g3 7mm tail motor so I can up the pitch t/a again.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Pulled off my first flip to inverted hover today. But at full negative I didn't have enough pitch to maintain altitude. I'm running 50% pitch t/a to keep the tail from blowing out. Maybe my c05m is a freak and is better than you all's or I have something seriously wrong somewhere. I think it's time to order a 4g3 7mm tail motor so I can up the pitch t/a again.
I haven't inverted for real yet, so I don't have much "weight" behind my talk; however, I imagine there shouldn't be any difference in the heli's ability to hover whether straight-up or inverted.

Since the heli weighs exactly the same in either direction, I'd expect it would need the exact same amount of "lift"/thrust in either direction.

I think lift/thrust is related to Main Blade Pitch * Main Blade RPM.

If so, then what ever the heli needs straight up, a simple solution for inverted would be to keep same rpm, but exactly opposite degree Main Blade Pitch.

If so, having the problem you described, assuming the same rpm or more is available inverted, then I'd suspect MIN/MAX Main Blade Pitch is NOT equally centered?

If so, the reason may be because too much up-and-down slop between Main Shaft Collar and Main Gear? If so, first make certain Main Gear is fully pressed and properly seated on the Main Shaft, then while pressing upward on the Main Gear and firmly pressing downward the Main Shaft Collar to remove any slop, tighten the Collar screw.

If those are nice and tight, then I'd use Throttle Hold and measure MIN and MAX Main Blade Pitch angles, and adjust Links as required to make the MIN and MAX Main Blade Pitch angles equal.

Just a guess from someone that has not yet turned a Link on a CP before, so YVMV.
Last edited by i812; Apr 10, 2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:36 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
I would increase your pitch T/A back to at least 70%. Some people set their pitch to as much as +- 20 degrees on larger helis. There is much less possibility of tail blowing outs on Walkera 100 CPs than the MCPx. Moreover, going brushless will prevent it further as it draws current directly from the battery rather than going through the board.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Feb 2012
96 Posts
Hi all,

New to this thread and wanting to get a mini cp. Question. How is mini compared to the genius? All the info I have been getting is that the mini is more stable than the genius by a factor, but I rather hear it from the horse's mouth.
Aviator168 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator168
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
It is more stable than the genius because of what feels like built in expo in the board .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Oct 2011
21 Posts
It's way more stable than both of my Genius's were. I'm actually doing most of they flying now instead of reacting to what the helicopter is doing. I gave one of them to a friend and I'm converting what I can into a second MiniCP.
Windy City Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Windy City Flyer
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
ITSMILLERTIME As far as pitch amounts im running 60 in pitch travel adjust and 100 in pitch curves and heli flips fine with the same set up .Also travel adjust is at 90 for both elev and ale control . As you do more flips you will find that your collective use will get better and your tail will not blow out .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Oct 2011
21 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has tried this motor, but I picked one up for a V100D03. It looks like a smaller version of what is in my V120D02s. It fits into the MiniCP, but the pinion will not mesh with the main gear. I ordered a 9 and 10 tooth pinions to see how it works. I also got the speed control for the V100D03 as well. If it works, I'll let you know.
Windy City Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Windy City Flyer