SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:15 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
ITsmillertime, the pinion that is included is for a mcpx, its .03 mod and will not work with the mini's or genius gear. I too do not want to deal with homefly, It took 2 weeks to get 1 7t pinion from him when I ordered 2. HE said that he would send me the 8t when he has them. That was a over a month ago. Lots of excuses with that guy through emails. Avoid him like the plague.

Fragglecorps. Good job on that. I wish I would have known to use headphone wire. OR even thinner wire. I had read MX48 did his with tail sized wire 8 inches to be exact so I had done Benboys RX with the same diameter tail wire of 8 inches. It looked awful! I only charged him 7.80$ for the repair and to resolder battery cables. His rx works and I dont think a crash will rip the gorilla glued coil from his board. That is strong stuff. Benboy, if you want me to repair it with thinner wire i will free of charge! You pay shipping to get it here and I will pay the shipping to get it back to you. I can also put longer battery leads on it since the ones you had are short.

Levtor, so the problem goes away when you unplug your phone? that would cancel that theory right there.

Scub about those Walkera esc's There seems to be alot of those Double brushless walkera esc's out there which are a 10 amp and a 7 amp esc soldered together. i forgot how many amps the c05 pulls. It may be able to be run from the 7 and the 10 amp could be sold to break even? They are soldered together with 2 pins going from positive from one board to negative on ther other. There is only one power cord(actually two a male and female,one on the 10 amp which plugs into the battery,other you plug your battery cable out of the rx into it) though leading to the 10amp. The 7amp doesnt have power cables. If you are good enough at unsoldering the two apart then you are good enough to solder wires to the + and -(if you use the 7amp) . The wires leading to the motor have a plug that looks just like the servos plug on the mini/genius servos. The single white wire comes off the 10amp esc plugs in where the original motor plugs in at. The 7amp has a single yellow wire that plugs in the same spot. So its almost plug in play if you use the 10amp.
The esc is called WK-WST-10A-L7 Even though one esc is 7amps, they both weigh nearly the same.
When you split them, only one of the escs has the voltage chip thing, the rectangle yellow piece that all ESCs have at the power wires, so youd need to find exactly what that is and buy one to solder on the 2nd esc.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
My brushless mini is for sale in the classifieds section. As much as I like it I'm not skilled enough for "living room 3d" and it's too small for my liking outside.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
? Are you serious millertime? After all that wait with banggood, then the esc/pinions etc After all those headaches you dont want your mini? I love mine. I have a 450 which I still dont feel confident flying as I do the mini. A crash on my 450 always resulted in a bent flybar/feathering shaft/mainshaft. Broken blades too. Then my nerves where shot after flying it when a servo failed and it came at me. Lucky my kids had just left the area. I can fly it in circles but I get all tense the whole time. I dont realize how white knuckle I am until halfway through.
The mini I am calm. Not worried about it hurting me and also not scared about breaking it. A crash on the 450 is a guarantee break every time. Much more expensive,harder to learn on. I wish I would have had the mini to learn on. I had a Art-tech 450 falcon which was awful. The first blade msr which was great for forward flight and backward. Then I got my clone 450 which I have flown the longest and progressed the slowest on . Well, the Art-tech falcon i progressed the slowest on but had the shortest amount of time.
I still have the 450 sitting on the shelf. I need better batteries for it but always found them too expensive. I could fly the 450 anytime now but havent touched it. I know I will progress better/faster/cheaper with the mini. Maybe the mini will also tame my nerves again. I really suggest you keep the mini and learn everything before going to anything bigger!
The living room is only for small circles. Tame the radio with tom z settings of 50% throttle. Use a 7t pinion with the genius main gear. I dont like flying the mini in the wind either but more headspeed outside will handle the wind better. In the house i prefer my genius motor. I dont like my c05 in the house, but with 50% throttle its a little better. The 450's dont like wind much better. Just saying. WHo knows though, i am just talking about myself.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 02, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Keep the mini and learn on it unless you have deep pockets ! Ive learned more in 3 months with the genius , mini , and v120d02s than the prior 4years with a couple 450 aligns , 500 esp, gaui x5 and a bunch of others .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:07 PM
Michigan
Joined Jul 2009
34 Posts
If you've got a TX already that will work, might want to try a MCPX.

For some reason I have quite a bit easier time flying it than either of my MCP, it seems to fly lighter? Plus I can see it WAY better.

Its probably just my luck, but I've crashed the mcpx way more, and way harder yet had to repair it less and buy less parts... I even had it outside trying to flip it over and over, plummeting it to the ground many times from 20+ foot up and into the walls of the building I work at. Turns out I'm an idiot and was flipping the wrong switch to get into stunt mode... was used to the devo I guess LOL.

Seems like I fart in the general direction of the mini cp and I've got a bent feathering shaft, stripped servo, busted blade grip ball link etc etc etc.
muttonboy is offline Find More Posts by muttonboy
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:52 AM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
When you split them, only one of the escs has the voltage chip thing, the rectangle yellow piece that all ESCs have at the power wires, so youd need to find exactly what that is and buy one to solder on the 2nd esc.
Hi, I was the original person to tell everyone about the 2 esc's soldered together. I took one of the yellow voltage things and soldered it on the 2nd esc, but it still didn't work there must be something else missing.
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Its a capacitor here http://www.avx.com/tantalum/data/NOJ/NOJE227_006.pdf

Check this out! It's the new FTP heli from walkera. Looks just like mini configuration but fixed pitch http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...66&postcount=1
Last edited by mescalinedream; Apr 03, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Ixnay on that 9 tooth pinion. I just flew it today with the 8 tooth and 120% t/a on elevator, aileron and rudder with 60% on pitch. This little thing is insane!
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Confused , what are you talking about millertime? Did you read my post? Are you going to keep the mini? What battery are you using with that pinion? is it bogging?
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
I was going to sell it and my devo 8s and then buy the mini/ devo 10 package but it seems no one is interested. I like the mini but suck at flying it, lol. The 8 tooth pinion on mini main gear with the 350mah 20c did not bog or kick the tail out much but the batteries get kinda warm. I need to up the pitch t/a a little at a time and find out just how much I can use without bogging or the tail kicking out. I can only imagine how this thing would be with the 25 or even 30c batteries...

My tail has a wag to it that won't go away with gyro gains. This mean the motor's dying?
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
Just took it out again. It does bog a little upon full throttle in normal mode but not in st. 2 although if I keep doing pitch pumps the tail will eventually blow out. I did my first flip to inverted today whereas last time I tried it (7 tooth, 70% pitch t/a) it bogged down too bad to recover. I can flip it but not fly inverted because the canopy is loose and falls into the blades inverted. I finally broke the main frame canopy posts.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Where did you get your 8t pinion, homefly promised me an 8t for over a month now. Very cool news that the 8 doesnt bog in st mode with 20c. Those are pretty much all i have.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
I'm looking forward to trying it with the 300mah 30c nanos

I got the 7 and 8 tooth from homefly a while back.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Dec 2011
870 Posts
So is there a better tail motor for these? Obviously brushless would be more powerful but I don't want to add the weight. Or what am I doing wrong to have the tail kicking out at only 65% pitch?
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Not sure , Mine has held since day one. I was using mannys settings, then switched to tom z. No matter which settings it seems the tail still holds. I have never touched the screw on the rx and my gyro is set at 85% now. I could probably go lower come to think about it. I think its something to do with settings

I weighed the complete tail which comes with the double brushless kit and its 1 gram heavier