Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
: found answer
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
I used a dab of hot glue on mine has not come off I have had plenty of crashes.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
new motors at http://mattbockman.com/?p=163 are 13,500 rpm and .25g heavier due to thicker winds! also they are black with a 1.5mm shaft. Someone said they are a whole lot more powerful then the c05. He plans on getting more soon! Hopefully we will have a new option other then the hp05. He says they will be cheap too like 19.99!
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 01, 2012, 10:48 AM
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
I proceeded to replace the coil by following the procedure given by mescalinedream (thank you again).

However, I have not used a cable from tail to promote a headphone cable, thinner and lightweight. (Certainly more difficult to solder on the PCB)

I set the new coil to the receiver with the epoxy resin to fix the assembly. The objective being to increase the crash resistance.
Before doing that I have verified that the receiver was working ...

After that, I've had no problem during a first test flight.

Old headphone used

welding and verifying

Fixing with epoxy

RTF
Fraggle_Corp is offline Find More Posts by Fraggle_Corp
Last edited by Fraggle_Corp; Apr 01, 2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: add some pictures
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:12 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Looks good Fraggle_Corp.

Theres more than one way la peau un cat.

I hope the translation came out right .

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Apr 01, 2012, 11:40 AM
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
Thx Moto and thx for your first contribution.

I do not know if this is the result of the translation, but it is not entirely clear to me, although I think understand the basic concept.

However, if we use the same method of translation, I hope mine are not so bad.
Fraggle_Corp is offline Find More Posts by Fraggle_Corp
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Ya, sorry. I didn't know how that would come out as I don't speak any French.

It was supposed to say 'there's more than one way to skin a cat'. But you may not even use that phrase there.
Coil still looks good tho, way better than my effort!

And yes your translation is better .

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:50 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
new motors at http://mattbockman.com/?p=163 are 13,500 rpm and .25g heavier due to thicker winds! also they are black with a 1.5mm shaft. Someone said they are a whole lot more powerful then the c05. He plans on getting more soon! Hopefully we will have a new option other then the hp05. He says they will be cheap too like 19.99!
I tried to buy one, lol. Sounds like a good deal. Revised c05 *with* pinion for $20 *shipped* And I'm looking for a 9 tooth now anyways. Sign me up.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 01, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2011
137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevTor View Post
I just got my Mini CP but I may have a servo or gyro problem. The elev servo is moving rapidly without any input. Please see video below. Does anybody else had this problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCEf9vtuLU4

I think I know my elev twitching problem. I think my 5.8GHz cordless landline phone is interfering with my heli and causing the servo to twitch like that. Can anybody confirm if you get this twithing problem if you bind your Mini CP besides a 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz cordless phone? Thanks in advance.
LevTor is offline Find More Posts by LevTor
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:14 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
I think I know my elev twitching problem. I think my 5.8GHz cordless landline phone is interfering with my heli and causing the servo to twitch like that. Can anybody confirm if you get this twithing problem if you bind your Mini CP besides a 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz cordless phone? Thanks in advance.
I doubt that would be causing the issue. I have read posts from several users now, on here and helifreak, reporting issues with the elevator servo out of the box.

It seems the elevator servo is jinxed. If it were me I would try plugging other servos (e.g. aileron, pitch) into the elevator servo port and see if they get the jitters.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:54 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
nice.. not holding my breath though. looks like it been a month since they last had any.. too many people seem to want to start a project and have good ideas but it never gets to the next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
I tried to buy one, lol. Sounds like a good deal. Revised c05 *with* pinion for $20 *shipped* And I'm looking for a 9 tooth now anyways. Sign me up.
most likely a mcpx pinion.. we are the minority it seems. it's bad enough those mcpx guys wiped all the walkera ESCs from stock for their brushless conversion.
you can buy 9t here.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:03 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
I already bought a 7 and 8 tooth from there and don't want to buy another. I probably won't use the 7 tooth again and am hoping someone will be willing to trade.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:09 PM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
Quote:
I have noticed that my wireless internet signal to my various computers gets severely disrupted (i.e. web surfing slows to a crawl) if I have the Tx switched on in the house, especially if it's close to the router or computer. I have never noticed the reverse where the heli signal was disrupted. I too suspect either a bad pot in the servo or the Rx may be messed up. Every time I start to see jittery movement from a servo, it has ceased upon swapping with new. Most were probably crash induced, but I think those little pots can get flat spots after a while regardless. Some last a long time and some don't. It's just dumb luck with these little servos.
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Last edited by paul2pilot; Apr 01, 2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
ITsmillertime, the pinion that is included is for a mcpx, its .03 mod and will not work with the mini's or genius gear. I too do not want to deal with homefly, It took 2 weeks to get 1 7t pinion from him when I ordered 2. HE said that he would send me the 8t when he has them. That was a over a month ago. Lots of excuses with that guy through emails. Avoid him like the plague.

Fragglecorps. Good job on that. I wish I would have known to use headphone wire. OR even thinner wire. I had read MX48 did his with tail sized wire 8 inches to be exact so I had done Benboys RX with the same diameter tail wire of 8 inches. It looked awful! I only charged him 7.80$ for the repair and to resolder battery cables. His rx works and I dont think a crash will rip the gorilla glued coil from his board. That is strong stuff. Benboy, if you want me to repair it with thinner wire i will free of charge! You pay shipping to get it here and I will pay the shipping to get it back to you. I can also put longer battery leads on it since the ones you had are short.

Levtor, so the problem goes away when you unplug your phone? that would cancel that theory right there.

Scub about those Walkera esc's There seems to be alot of those Double brushless walkera esc's out there which are a 10 amp and a 7 amp esc soldered together. i forgot how many amps the c05 pulls. It may be able to be run from the 7 and the 10 amp could be sold to break even? They are soldered together with 2 pins going from positive from one board to negative on ther other. There is only one power cord(actually two a male and female,one on the 10 amp which plugs into the battery,other you plug your battery cable out of the rx into it) though leading to the 10amp. The 7amp doesnt have power cables. If you are good enough at unsoldering the two apart then you are good enough to solder wires to the + and -(if you use the 7amp) . The wires leading to the motor have a plug that looks just like the servos plug on the mini/genius servos. The single white wire comes off the 10amp esc plugs in where the original motor plugs in at. The 7amp has a single yellow wire that plugs in the same spot. So its almost plug in play if you use the 10amp.
The esc is called WK-WST-10A-L7 Even though one esc is 7amps, they both weigh nearly the same.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream