HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:50 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
I think it should fly fine. Also, it looks like your aileron's servo linkage is pushed too far over the swash ball.
Good catch on that. I didn't notice the aileron's servo linkage is pushed too far over the swash ball when I took the picture last week. Hope I didn't fly it like that!
I now have MCP servo arms on as I wasn't sure if the angles with the servo links would be a problem or not for 3D. The swash did move up and down evenly with no binding.
I'm not sure if the phasing would be changed with angled links or not.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:53 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
Crashed and went missing
I epoxied mine down the first time I heard of someone's falling off. If ANYONE has not epoxied, glued, whatevered their coil on the RX please do so now or uhhh....yea. But do it for real
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:56 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Mine was even hot glued down
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:19 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
i812 I use white gorilla glue. Great lightweight stuff. It expands after you smear it on to cover everything. Holds great. I use it for cracks in the canopy, they dont crack again!
You're quickly selling me on this gorilla glue stuff. Lightweight is key as I tend to use a lot of glue.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
What motor is that? I'm researching a rewind for another motor and depending on the results might try a custom c05m wind. On these little helis the higher the kv the better right?
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:31 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
What motor is that? I'm researching a rewind for another motor and depending on the results might try a custom c05m wind. On these little helis the higher the kv the better right?
That's an hp03s. It doesn't have loads of power as it's only about 3 grams, but it is nice for chilled out flying.

For comparison, you can see the hp05s in the mini proper on the right in the photo below. It has loads of power and is very smooth. Difficult to describe, but I enjoy it waaaaay better than my c05. Paper stats can only tell you so much.

Check out indoorheli's opinion of the hp05s here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2218

However, a custom rewind of the c05 would be interesting. As for kv you want something around 10,000 - 13,500.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Yes and no...depends. The higher the Kv the smaller the pinion should be to increase torque and keep the headspeed the same or slightly higher. Also the higher the KV the more current the motor will pull under load especially if the pinion is too big. So there are many tradeoffs battery, connector, esc capability and desired headspeed. Plus at higher loads the motor core may not be able to support the magnetic flux required with higher KV.

YMMV, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
That's an hp03s. It doesn't have loads of power as it's only about 3 grams, but it is nice for chilled out flying.

For comparison, you can see the hp05s in the mini proper on the right in the photo below. It has loads of power and is very smooth. Difficult to describe, but I enjoy it waaaaay better than my c05. Paper stats can only tell you so much.

Check out indoorheli's opinion of the hp05s here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2218

However, a custom rewind of the c05 would be interesting. As for kv you want something around 10,000 - 13,500.
How's the tail holding and what's the most pitch you can use without bogging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbennettya View Post
Yes and no...depends. The higher the Kv the smaller the pinion should be to increase torque and keep the headspeed the same or slightly higher. Also the higher the KV the more current the motor will pull under load especially if the pinion is too big. So there are many tradeoffs battery, connector, esc capability and desired headspeed. Plus at higher loads the motor core may not be able to support the magnetic flux required with higher KV.

YMMV, Don
Time to do some more reading...
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
Mine was even hot glued down
well then I am sorry for your loss, she was a good coil. And now shes gone, forever. Lets all have a moment......
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
How's the tail holding and what's the most pitch you can use without bogging?

Time to do some more reading...

Is it possible to just use the walkera brushless kit and just use the hp05 instead of the included c05? I have a feeling the c05 will push my limits as a CP pilot as it is but hey more power is better
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I am running at 100% throttle with my c05 with a 7t and the tail holds great! no matter wht kind of pitch pumps i do. I guess my mini has a perfect gyro? i am at 84% on gyro too. I never touched the adj. screw on the rx either. too scared. Why mess with it if its working.

I am really thinking of rewinding this c05 though. I have searched for someone who has but havent found anyone. i have wire that is a tiny bit bigger then the stock c05 wire. I just dont know how many turns of 1 strand or should i use 2 strands or what? if i knew how many strands and how many turns then I would do it. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4926 this is the stock i think. this guy might not know.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Is it possible to just use the walkera brushless kit and just use the hp05 instead of the included c05? I have a feeling the c05 will push my limits as a CP pilot as it is but hey more power is better

The c05 is a bit weaker than the double brushless motor. The dbl brush. motor is also heavy and is a battery hog.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
The c05 is a bit weaker than the double brushless motor. The dbl brush. motor is also heavy and is a battery hog.
wait i thought the walkera kit came with a c05 motor? I dont plan to use the brushless tail motor. Is the main motor on the double brush kit some kind of c05 hybird? So the flight times are less with it? hmmm.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...r-43g-3-1.aspx

this is what i was going to purchase, says turbo ace c05. Maybe I misunderstood you and your saying the hp05 is the one thats a battery hog? Maybe I need to visit willy nelson and "chill" out and read some more. lol

edit : Willy is REALLY good to me this time. Oh yes he is.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
862 Posts
Quote:
I am running at 100% throttle with my c05 with a 7t and the tail holds great! no matter wht kind of pitch pumps i do. I guess my mini has a perfect gyro? i am at 84% on gyro too. I never touched the adj. screw on the rx either. too scared. Why mess with it if its working.

I am really thinking of rewinding this c05 though. I have searched for someone who has but havent found anyone. i have wire that is a tiny bit bigger then the stock c05 wire. I just dont know how many turns of 1 strand or should i use 2 strands or what? if i knew how many strands and how many turns then I would do it. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4926 this is the stock i think. this guy might not know.
According to your link it's 28g. I have a spool of 28g that I got for tail motor wiring I can send you if you want to try it. I've tried various tx gains to no avail except my tail drift is cw now. From what I've read the tail drift is pitch related so I'm not too worried about it and will tune it out eventually. The tail kicking/ blow outs I can't live with though.