HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:23 PM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Quote:
I think you can see the Pentagon with the neked eye from low orbiting space vehicles. Maybe,
Yes, and some building in Romania (?).

By the way I am from Osage if you know where that is. Get up there for a few weeks every summer to visit family and race motocross. NOT going up there in the winter! Spent 23 years there until I finally got out in '80, I hate snow!

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:39 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
Yes, and some building in Romania (?).

By the way I am from Osage if you know where that is. Get up there for a few weeks every summer to visit family and race motocross. NOT going up there in the winter! Spent 23 years there until I finally got out in '80, I hate snow!

Moto
sorry off topic but cool to see another mx racer like me that flies helis. How about villopotto smokin everyone at A1, and dungeys win on the ktm.
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
I could use a good laugh, basic telemetry settings for beginners or
Basic Devo Telemetry Settings for Beginners by Beginners and if You Dont like it go Pound Sand Oldheads........ thread.

Since this will be new ground i suggest you let him get about 4 or 5 pages deep before the attack and make sure you copy all the post to a word processor so when the deleteing starts you will have references. I could do this for a small fee, or a slipper clutch, not that i would use a slipper clutch, but i could put it on display as a collectors item to show the grandkids one day...
It's unfortunate that some of us still continue to 'harass'/ 'poke'/ make fun of that poor man even after all this time, and continue to do so when he is 'off' the forums on a trip . Whether you r jesting or not, makes no diff. You must be so proud of yourselves.

Let it go guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I think Chris has progressed very well from coax to flying the GCP like a bat out of hell within 6 months. He seems to be a natural, and wants to help others.
I agree. His intention is sincere. All he was trying to do all that time was help others.
QuestionGuy is offline Find More Posts by QuestionGuy
Last edited by QuestionGuy; Jan 16, 2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Quote:
sorry off topic but cool to see another mx racer like me that flies helis.
Raced Muddy Creek a few times, qualified for Loretta's there back in '05 (?) in the 45+ class. Shame about Kevin Walker, I stayed at his house that year!

Anyway I think we have strayed about as far off topic as we should.

Back to Heli's, I am semi retired and have a lot of free time so I needed something to take it up. These aren't too expensive (compared to MX and paintball), and are a blast to fly. Been thinking about getting a couple Genius CP's and then sell one later and get a Mini CP when they work the bugs out if they find any. I have a Solo Pro now so it will be a pretty big jump from what I understand. All this big talk and I have been flying a total of 3 weeks .

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, CA, Fountain Valley
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
I am always grateful to meet new fellow heli flyers. I will pm you my contact info and you and your friend are more than welcome to come visit. I am no 3D expert. But I can do flying some stuff for you both. Just LMK.

Darryl

Hey HF. My heli did not come with a manual so I had no idea that was an adjustment pot. I can check it out later to see if it does effect the gyros or not. Thanks for the info. In any case, it did not need any adjusting at all to do 3D or very stable sport flying. Pretty nice for straight out of the box.

Dkfuji,

Thannk you so much. i got your pm, and will try to contact you this weekend. maybe we can set something up. i promise we wont take up much of your time, maybe 30 minutes if thats ok with you.

right now it is hard for me and my friend to progess because its just us. we would like someone to tell us what we are doing wrong. i've read lots of post over and over, but sometimes i just gotta see it in person.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
bizzy511 is offline Find More Posts by bizzy511
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:48 PM
Chardon Ohio
Joined Dec 2008
156 Posts
Bizzy511, you picked the correct person to learn from when you contacted Darryl. He is very patient and a huge asset to our hobby.
composit is offline Find More Posts by composit
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:13 PM
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milf Hunter View Post
sorry off topic but cool to see another mx racer like me that flies helis. How about villopotto smokin everyone at A1, and dungeys win on the ktm.
3rd MX rider here on this thread. Its nice to see a KTM on the top of the podium for the first time in SX class. Me and my buddies always have bets on what corner bubba's gonna go down in lmao

um to stay on topic.. i hope the Chines new year goes by quickly so I can get my Mini CP asap
RC flight is offline Find More Posts by RC flight
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,067 Posts
More somewhat off topic post

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionGuy View Post
It's unfortunate that some of us still continue to 'harass'/ 'poke'/ make fun of that poor man even after all this time, and continue to do so when he is 'off' the forums on a trip . Whether you r jesting or not, makes no diff. You must be so proud of yourselves.
I was trying to have fun; however, hoped my post would be understood in such a way that everyone would be laughing, including Bo!

I think Bo came very close to doing an excellent job of trying to meet his objectives of helping others in the above referenced thread. He started the thread, and had foresight to reserve the first few posts in his "name", so he could upgrade them over time as he became aware of better solutions. It was my understanding, that his first few posts were the "thread", and the remaining posts were for other's suggestions/discussions. I was one of the first to post praise for his constructive efforts in that thread as well as others.

IMO, as you stated, Bo's biggest mistake might have also been his ego. It appeared as if he got so carried away with his ego, that he forgot he had absolute control of the beginning (the "real" substance) of his thread. In fact, his ego may have gotten such a hold of him, that he deleted not only the "drama" that most didn't enjoy repeatedly reading over and over again, but also his initial posts that many wanted to see, and posted thanks for (including myself). I think if his heart was truly in the right place (put his ego aside?), he would have done the right thing, and kept what he truly thought was right.

I wish everyone the best
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Joined Jan 2006
753 Posts
Well I sent RC711.com an email asking if the Mini CP is in stock and here is what I got back from them the same day;

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, the mini CP is in stock now.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Alex
RC711 Team

I guess a small batch is already being distributed around China
RC flight is offline Find More Posts by RC flight
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
I'm sure those will get snatched up quick, but I'll wait a few batches/revisions myself.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC flight View Post
Well I sent RC711.com an email asking if the Mini CP is in stock and here is what I got back from them the same day;

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Alex
RC711 Team

Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:03 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
I'm sure those will get snatched up quick, but I'll wait a few batches/revisions myself.

Rafa
Yeah, I almost ordered one but think I'll wait for more reviews. Want to confirm the ccw yaw drift is fixed.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC flight View Post

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Alex
RC711 Team

If it is not dispatched by the end of this week, you are going to run into the Chinese New Year holidays in Hong Kong as well, and that includes the postal services.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I was trying to have fun; however, hoped my post would be understood in such a way that everyone would be laughing, including Bo!

I think Bo came very close to doing an excellent job of trying to meet his objectives of helping others in the above referenced thread. He started the thread, and had foresight to reserve the first few posts in his "name", so he could upgrade them over time as he became aware of better solutions. It was my understanding, that his first few posts were the "thread", and the remaining posts were for other's suggestions/discussions. I was one of the first to post praise for his constructive efforts in that thread as well as others.

IMO, as you stated, Bo's biggest mistake might have also been his ego. It appeared as if he got so carried away with his ego, that he forgot he had absolute control of the beginning (the "real" substance) of his thread. In fact, his ego may have gotten such a hold of him, that he deleted not only the "drama" that most didn't enjoy repeatedly reading over and over again, but also his initial posts that many wanted to see, and posted thanks for (including myself). I think if his heart was truly in the right place (put his ego aside?), he would have done the right thing, and kept what he truly thought was right.

I wish everyone the best
He is having too much fun in Thailand now! I am sure

Sun, Sea, Sex, Booze and Drugs are preferably to flying RC helis.

The Best Full Moon Party Video Ever! (Koh Phangan Thailand) (7 min 36 sec)
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Jan 16, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,067 Posts
More of the same Off Topic

"Full Moon"

Sounds like a good excuse to me!

It's nice to see so many smiling faces in one spot.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Nov 2011
4 Posts
Hi, I own an IT company, have wife and child, living in a big city in China. tomorrow I will drive 8 hours (more than 700KM) to meet my parents (and parents-in-law), and live with them during the Chinese New Year holidays.

This is THE TRADITIONAL in China. yes it is the largest humanity migration in earth, makes everything inconvenient. I do not like it but I must do it .... every year. =(

hope you can understand it.
rufeng is offline Find More Posts by rufeng