HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
well that's because he sends them priority mail and also charges for it
i'm still waiting for him to add a cheaper flat rate mail option for a couple parts.. needed a genius motor but refuse to pay $5+ for priority mail on a $10 motor..

yesterday i order a servo, gear, blades and couple other parts from helidirect and only pay $3 for shipping and still get them within 1-2 days.
I feel the same way. I was gonna give Bob a try. But I to was only getting the complete tail and did not want to pay file dollars for shipping. So I also went to Heli Direct and paid 2.50 for shipping. Granted it's only 2.50 you save. But it all adds up doesn't guys.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:13 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Hi,
there is new FW for Devo 6 (v0.5) on Walkera web.
Does anybody know, what's new in it?
HeHenri is offline Find More Posts by HeHenri
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:26 AM
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Can anyone help me out and let me know if the mini cp tail boom is exactly the same as the genius cp tail boom? I broke my boom and the local shop only has genius tail booms in stock and 2mm square carbon rod seems rare as hens teeth, So I'd have to order that from overseas and be waiting a while for it come. I don't want to be without a heli for a couple of weeks for delivery
brad1601 is offline Find More Posts by brad1601
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:06 AM
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1601 View Post
Can anyone help me out and let me know if the mini cp tail boom is exactly the same as the genius cp tail boom? I broke my boom and the local shop only has genius tail booms in stock and 2mm square carbon rod seems rare as hens teeth, So I'd have to order that from overseas and be waiting a while for it come. I don't want to be without a heli for a couple of weeks for delivery
I have bought 2mm square tubes from r2hobbies.com and it is surprisingly weak, much worse than original. It is breaking even in slightly harder landing! So I returned to original Walkera part.
HeHenri is offline Find More Posts by HeHenri
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:26 AM
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHenri View Post
I have bought 2mm square tubes from r2hobbies.com and it is surprisingly weak, much worse than original. It is breaking even in slightly harder landing! So I returned to original Walkera part.
Thats a bummer, Thanks for the tip though.

Edit: I'm stupid didn't read properly lol
Last edited by brad1601; Mar 21, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:45 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Yes it is 2mm
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:47 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone help me out and let me know if the mini cp tail boom is exactly the same as the genius cp tail boom?
Yes, they are exactly the same. I have both.

I bought these from RCFOAM and they are just as strong as the original at a fraction of the price. For extra strength coat them with CA glue. There are other methods of strengthening the boom if you look around on the GCP and this thread.

Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Last edited by MX48; Mar 21, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:52 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHenri View Post
Hi,
there is new FW for Devo 6 (v0.5) on Walkera web.
Does anybody know, what's new in it?
the new fw get rid of the stupid tone
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:07 AM
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
Yes, they are exactly the same. I have both.

I bought these from RCFOAM and they are just as strong as the original at a fraction of the price. For extra strength coat them with CA glue. There are other methods of strengthening the boom if you look around on the GCP and this thread.

Moto
Thanks, Just ordered some square tube from there so I'm ready for next time. $2.50 rod... $20 postage to Australia. lol I got a couple of rods for me plus bought some round 2mm to give to a mate for his mcpx so it wasn't such a bad product/postage ratio.

I'll try coating my next boom in CA glue and yeah there is plenty of good info in these threads but when they are 160+ pages long and over 2500 posts its hard to find it sometimes, even with search. Although I do try to read through most of this thread, just takes a while when there is so much info
Last edited by brad1601; Mar 21, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
What are your throttle hold pitch curve settings? Is it a good thing to have them equal to your normal pitch curve or should you give the throttle hold pitch a lot of negative at all stick positions? A lot of negative would slow the blades down reducing damage and also it will bring the heli down fast. Or should you let the heli float with 0 pitch at half throttle?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:19 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
What are your throttle hold pitch curve settings? Is it a good thing to have them equal to your normal pitch curve or should you give the throttle hold pitch a lot of negative at all stick positions? A lot of negative would slow the blades down reducing damage and also it will bring the heli down fast. Or should you let the heli float with 0 pitch at half throttle?
As I never seem to know ahead of time if I'll be crashing right side up or down on the next flight I use 0 pitch for TH..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:03 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
I ordered a Genius main gear and a Mini CP tail boom from Bob at helircstore.com and he included 2 extra servo gears and 2 extra canopy grommets along with a hand written note. Great service, will definitely be ordering all of my walkera stuff from him in the future. I really wish I would have ordered my Mini CP from him but he was out of stock on Sunday so I ended up ordering from Wow. Same price anyways, but if I just would have waited a day I would have had it quicker...

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Last edited by Benf207; Mar 21, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:07 PM
key bored
Joined Jan 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy207 View Post
I ordered a Genius main gear and a Mini CP tail boom from Bob at helircstore.com and he included 2 extra servo gears and 2 extra canopy grommets along with a hand written note. Great service, will definitely be ordering all of my walkera stuff from him in the future. I really wish I would have ordered my Mini CP from him but he was out of stock on Sunday so I ended up ordering from Wow. Same price anyways, but if I just would have waited a day I would have had it quicker...

Ben
I don't mind paying just a few bucks more so I can support a great store that has been great to members here as long as it is not too much
key bored is offline Find More Posts by key bored
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:21 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
depends if you fly inverted or not.. if so 0, if not maybe 5 so heli doesn't just drop to the ground too fast.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:25 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
564 Posts
just received my c05m. holy crap.. 3.98 grams

the shaft is pretty long, what is the easiest way to shorten it without bending the shaft, rotary dremel cutter or sanding wheel?
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Last edited by scub; Mar 21, 2012 at 05:42 PM.