SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:05 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Hey guys, anyone know of anywhere to get some batteries for a brushless setup in the US? I've ordered some of the fullriver 350 25Cs but I don't expect to get them for awhile. Also is there anyone on here that would be willing to sell me some mod .5 1.5mm bore pinions?

Thanks!
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
undecided between C05 and Hp05s.. which one is lighter and provides the longest fight time? hobbyking has the c05M and c05XL for $14-15.. anyone tried either of these?

im only getting 3 minutes from the power hungry stock motor. i was running a mcpx motor which was giving me 5 minutes flight time but i think it's close to death already as it's lacking in power recently.
C05m is lighter and less powerful. The hp05s is good if you want a beast
lighter again the hp03s. It bogs a little on hard manoeuvres but for sports flying it works well, id say 8t pinion and genius main gear would be similar to stock but double the run time.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
ordered the C05M. i don't really need tons of power (i have a v120d02s for that) just something with a decent weight to power ratio with decent flight time and long lasting for indoor flying.. i got like 3 trashed genius motors and already on my 2nd mini motor. would have liked to try the hp05s but little more expensive than i'd like to pay. i will try the cheaper alternative first and go from there.

i'll be installing an 8T on the C05 but would really like to try 7T, just can't find any.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:14 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
...but would really like to try 7T, just can't find any.
http://www.homefly.com/

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:00 AM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
I use the stock MCP batteries on my Genius with the C05 conversion (9T pinion) and I can fly aggressively in idle up doing lots of sloppy 3D stuff for fully 4.5 minutes before I notice the motor slowing considerably. Nearly every time I charge them, I end up putting more like 340 mah into them. The stock MCP batteries are fantastic in my humble opinion. I have 6 of them and they all work this well. I'm surprised to see so much about alternate batteries. Are you guys really getting better performance out of aftermarket batteries?
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Last edited by paul2pilot; Mar 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to indicate a 9T pinon
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Hmmm I never used the stock battery lol I already had 350mah batteries. Might have to give them a try.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
So after flying with DBL main motor & mini main gear I like the power an it fills better & more flight time. I think I will keep this motor in maybe try GCP main gear to compare the too. With stock GCP you need to let cool down in between flights but the little outrunner stays cool. Not bad for a free gift from Bob at helircstore. I don't need to get the C05 now.
do you know if that motor is sold separately?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:13 AM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2pilot View Post
I use the stock MCP batteries on my Genius with the C05 conversion and I can fly aggressively in idle up doing lots of sloppy 3D stuff for fully 4.5 minutes before I notice the motor slowing considerably. Nearly every time I charge them, I end up putting more like 340 mah into them. The stock MCP batteries are fantastic in my humble opinion. I have 6 of them and they all work this well. I'm surprised to see so much about alternate batteries. Are you guys really getting better performance out of aftermarket batteries?
I have 2 of the stock mini cp batts and they have way more power than my Hyperion 240 mah 25c batts. I also have one of the 350mah 25c batts that come in the double brushless kit and it has the same power as the stock mini battery, and isn't too heavy for my c05 Main with 9t pinion and stock mini main gear. Some people say this combination has too much head speed, but it works fine for me Outside flying and I hardly ever break anything when I crash.
Milf Hunter is online now Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:15 AM
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
no stock, usually order all my pinions from there.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:34 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Go look at TomZs McP review thread. He, like I tested the Turnigy Nanotech 300mah 35c lipos and got more thrust, HS and MUCH more runtime than any other battery he tested, and I can corroborate his findings.
They are stupid cheap and give incredible performance. I bought 10 of the MCPX version so it was a little more work to convert them but they have the Solo Pro 100 version in stock now so you only need to cut the plug off and put on micro deans or switch the pins to reverse polarity.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:51 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,600 Posts
Quote:
do you know if that motor is sold separately?
No! But it looks just like my v100d03BL motor.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:51 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
2,096 Posts
has anybody tries the hyperion 320 mah 25c/45c packs? might be a good alternative to the Hyperion 240s...

http://www.quantumhobby.com/Hyperion...p25c03201s.htm
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:55 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
has anybody tries the hyperion 320 mah 25c/45c packs? might be a good alternative to the Hyperion 240s...

http://www.quantumhobby.com/Hyperion...p25c03201s.htm
They are 3.5mm too wide to fit without modifying mounting
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:30 PM
Gaui X2 & Protos Mini FBL
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Try it, i had read that it helps. Remember the original setting though.

Picofly. Maybe the settings in the radio are holding the mini back. Try Mannys settings here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post20571242 It doesnt hurt to try.
I gave Manny's settings a try today but they didn't make the things any better. Quite opposite - the heli flipped even faster than before.

I watched Manny's livingroom video again. Now - please don't get me wrong - it is a fantastic video in such a small space but 90% of the flight was just flips forth and back (plus a couple of tic-tocs and piro flips as a bonus). It does not really tell how the heli beaves when it flies in a banked angle.

Manny's settings are absolutely perfect if one wants to make as tight and fast flips as possible and get the heli into steady hovering between the manouvers. I can flip and hover my heli inverted already and prefer smooth, aerobatic kind of 3D instead of plain aggressive flipping. Those settings - or Mini CP in general - do not suit very well for that kind flying. IMHO, Mini CP is tuned to be a flip / hover -machine. It makes nice piroflips as well but does not want to stay in steep banked angle as a good 3D-heli should.

BTW, last weekend I got a chance to fly my friend's Mini CP. It behaves excactly the same way my heli does.
Picofly is online now Find More Posts by Picofly
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:22 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I noticed when I try to do banked circles upright it was difficult in normal with mannys settings. I then tried it in idle up and the banks just wouldnt stay. i tried it in idle 2 and could do them. I have to look at my settings because I installed mannys settigns over genius settings I had found. I dont understand why in st2 i can do them. I say its possible and to work on settings more. Can you list yours? I would like to give them a shot. I have a devo 7 with a 15 model memory. I would like to have different settings for the mini on different models.

Can someone post a video of the mini in a tight banked circle. Even if its upright.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream