HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:50 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
I cant decide on what to buy with this Devention mess thats going on, every week there is a new development with these radios and heli's. What they need to do at Walkera is make a radio that does 2401/2601/2801 and Devo in one radio with either a hard switch or a soft switch between the 2 protocols. I have legacy 2801/2601 and a few 2401 helis to just jump go into a new radio system. So where is the solution for a situation like that......2 radios ? Later for that...

Not to mention the V450D01 is 2801, not buying a 2702V-D just so I can use this radio. No.......I will wait until they get thier ducks in a row, which might be forever, but maybe not. Something tells me either they are going to make a all in one super Devo Pro-2801 soon or one of us will .

With Walkera if they know it will sell they will make it.

I'll be flying this baby tommorow morning, since the weather has finally broke
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:58 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Something tells me either they are going to make a all in one super Devo Pro-2801 soon or one of us will .

With Walkera if they know it will sell they will make it.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611471

Its early doors!! but you could have an all in wonder TX and WALKERA will not have a hand in it!!!
Watch that space!
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
I cant decide on what to buy with this Devention mess thats going on, every week there is a new development with these radios and heli's. What they need to do at Walkera is make a radio that does 2401/2601/2801 and Devo in one radio with either a hard switch or a soft switch between the 2 protocols. I have legacy 2801/2601 and a few 2401 helis to just jump go into a new radio system. So where is the solution for a situation like that......2 radios ? Later for that...

Not to mention the V450D01 is 2801, not buying a 2702V-D just so I can use this radio. No.......I will wait until they get thier ducks in a row, which might be forever, but maybe not. Something tells me either they are going to make a all in one super Devo Pro-2801 soon or one of us will .

With Walkera if they know it will sell they will make it.

I'll be flying this baby tommorow morning, since the weather has finally broke
I agree on this Devo lark. I have a 2801 pro here that's more than capable.
There will probably be a Devo 99 just a Few Months away and i'm not going to fritter my hard earned cash.

If I do decide to get more heli's i'm now moving to Spektrum or older Walkera stuff.

I'm not interested at all.

Nice bug there, lol. Not seen veroboard (stripboard) for ages now..

That veroboard is a right pita at VHF frequencies with its stray capacitance, etc..
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:14 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSack View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611471

Its early doors!! but you could have an all in wonder TX and WALKERA will not have a hand in it!!!
Watch that space!
So if they come out with a 2801/Devo combo,, what's the point in it for me,, I would then have 4 2801's and one Devo, where if I just buy the Devo 10 I'll have just three 2801's and one Devo 10.. I think it's time to move with the flow or get off the boat. I'm still thinking about which to do. But as it's airplane flying time again I have all summer to make up my mind..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
Registered User
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
I have a Devo 6 for sale guys: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1614153

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:22 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
So if they come out with a 2801/Devo combo,, what's the point in it for me,, I would then have 4 2801's and one Devo, where if I just buy the Devo 10 I'll have just three 2801's and one Devo 10.. I think it's time to move with the flow or get off the boat. I'm still thinking about which to do. But as it's airplane flying time again I have all summer to make up my mind..
And the thing is you need all those radios, what if you had one 28xx radio with a 50 model memorythat with the flip of a switch goes into Devo mode for the new stuff. Would you pay an extra 100, maybe an extra 200 for the convienence?

They way I see it as it is now you would have to keep them, or have a sale . If you need a broker let me know, I work for spare parts and lipos

I thinned out my fleet because I saw the forest through the trees with this awhile ago. TBH it wouldnt be a big deal to get the devo, the question is which one to get and then whats coming next week to replace it?


I am used to taking a DSM/2 Radio and a 2801 to the field as it is, I just dont want to have to take a Devo to make it 3.. I would sell the V450, but I got the thing built just the way I like it and set up probably the best 450 heli Ive had. So unless i dump it and total it, it stays.

Meanwhile in the real world,.... what are the Kennedy's talking about...LoL
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:00 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Drifting heli :/

Hi everyone,

I just received my mini cp yesterday, as this is my first CP heli I've found some beginner settings and programmed them into my Devo 8s, but I'm having issues with the helicopter drifting to the left, I've taken a video and uploaded it and I'm wondering is it normal to scoot across the ground like this?

I'm so scared to lift it up very high in case it just goes hard left into a wall or something, its raining outside atm so I can't try it outside.

I'm new to setting these heli's but to me, the swash seems level and the servo arms seem to be at 90 degrees mid throttle... unless I'm checking them wrong or something...

I'm rather lost at the moment as to what I should be doing to fix the issue

Any help is much appreciated and I can take some photos if that will help to diagnose the problem, just let me know what you need a photo of.

thanks

Video:
Helidrift (0 min 39 sec)
brad1601 is offline Find More Posts by brad1601
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:15 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
does it stay level if you push the stick right before lifitng off also what are your settings
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:26 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
RawmadeCF's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Installed the Genius main gear and motor tonight, will see how I like it, did it mainly for battery life.

RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:28 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
where did you get the bright canopy from?
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:36 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Clontarf
Joined Feb 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post
does it stay level if you push the stick right before lifitng off also what are your settings
Yeah actually that does help a lot, maybe thats all it was... I was just a little freaked out by the way it slid so hard to the left, I thought something had to be wrong, but I've just been hovering it and I can get it up in the air now, still nothing like a hands off hover or anything that I've seen other people do out of the box supposedly...

The settings I'm using are these ones...

My Devention 8 Setup for V120D02S and Mini CP (4 min 28 sec)
brad1601 is offline Find More Posts by brad1601
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:56 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
RawmadeCF's Avatar
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post
where did you get the bright canopy from?
Its just the V3 Genius canopy, like the looks much more than the MCP canopy.
Also have the cnc head and swash on it, blade grips always out of stock though, will see if I like that setup or not, not too impressed with Xtreme products in the past (ie: v120d02s tail box)
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:19 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Ok where do you purchase a v3 canopy, I have the extreme swashplate no probs so far. Extreme swash on my mcpx broke after one crash though.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post
Ok where do you purchase a v3 canopy, I have the extreme swashplate no probs so far. Extreme swash on my mcpx broke after one crash though.
eHirobo sell them.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 07:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I had read that the xtreme swash has genius size balls for the links. And that someone had a hard time installing it in the mini? True or not true? I had also read that extreme products were junk. is that true too?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9799 Jul 11, 2014 12:28 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 14 Apr 15, 2014 12:24 PM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 11:38 AM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 07:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM