SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:35 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Just finished putting the hp05s motor into my mini wow it works awesome! Had to lower my pitch to 45 but the tail holds well! 8t pinion and genius main gear.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:59 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achogg33 View Post
Just finished putting the hp05s motor into my mini wow it works awesome! Had to lower my pitch to 45 but the tail holds well! 8t pinion and genius main gear.
I'm just putting around indoors, but here are the settings I'm using with the hp05s for reference. 140mm extended boom (stock is 125mm), 65% pit ta, and 85% flat throttle curve in idle up.

100% throttle with the 8t pinion is a bit crazy indoors...but I'm using the mini main gear so hs might be a bit higher than with the genius main gear.

Was that the hp03s in your flight vid? I thought it was doing pretty good, especially for a 3g motor.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
thanks! will have to try an extended boom where did you get the carbon from?

yeah that was the hp03s it does work well for general flips rolls foward flight but doesent hold up in more advanced manouvers, well not with my pitch management anyways lol.

sorry about the quality of the vid for some reason it was squished when i uploaded it to youtube i will take another flight vid tomorrow and post it up. Have gone back to stock blades find they work a little better.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:00 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
so i ordered 10A-LT and receive 10A-LTC but i can still use it?

White wire goes to RX motor (-)
Red to RX/battery (+)
Black to RX/battery (-)

is this correct?

on the motor, all 3 wire are black.. how do i know which is red/white/black for ESC side?
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
It doesnt matter about the all black wires on the motor. Just hook them up any way you want. But if the motor spins backwards just switch a wire. If that is hard to understand. LAbel each black wire on the motor. 1 2 3 hook 1 to white, 2 to black 3 to red. if the motor spins backward then take off 1 to white now take off 2 to black. Now put 1 on black and 2 on white. Now the motor should spin.

Onto the ltc esc. i have no idea, maybe you could try hooking up the red and black to + and -(i would leave them dangle and not hooked to anything the first time) and the white plugs into the pcb board where the brushed motor used to plug into. The whte wire will go onto the right pin in the brushed motor port when facing the mini's pcb board. The thick red and black wires coming off that esc tie into your main power wires that goto your battery.

dbennettya
About the gyro, the numbers only go from 0 to 100 there is no negative numbers. Someone mentioned helis with motors for tails cannot have a rate mode.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Mar 14, 2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:41 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post

I also emailed Walkera, not expecting a reply.
Incredibly walkera has replied immediately:
Many thanks for buying our products.

Please try to update again. We have got emails about the same problem and after checking, we finally found there are virus in these documents. But we upload the new one to our website, please download the new one.

Nice day!

I don't believe in the virus story, but I think they made an immediate fix.

Not yet tried,
I'll let you know.....
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:47 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
Virus, yeah right

Thanks for the update, going to d/l now and see how it goes.

*edit* Just upgraded the f/w only (library looks the same so didn't bother) and can confirm fixed id is back and stick position switch (e.g. timer mapped to throttle) is still available. sweet
Last edited by bytemuncher; Mar 14, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:21 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
Incredibly walkera has replied immediately:
Many thanks for buying our products.

Please try to update again. We have got emails about the same problem and after checking, we finally found there are virus in these documents. But we upload the new one to our website, please download the new one.

Nice day!

Not yet tried,
I'll let you know.....
I cant believe after all this time, you guys are finally getting through to Walkera CS Reps. We used to sit on our Arse's and wait for one guy to do it, or a vendor, only because Walkera was like this mysterious entity that was off limits to the consumer, didnt understand the language etc.. Glad to hear this continued dialog that makes things happen for sure..... It wasnt a virus, it was just a tick of a bit in the firmware, someone forgot to transfer over from the old.

It seems like theres always a rush job to get something out over there, and the lame cover-up story, that will probably never change
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
It doesnt matter about the all black wires on the motor. Just hook them up any way you want. But if the motor spins backwards just switch a wire. If that is hard to understand. LAbel each black wire on the motor. 1 2 3 hook 1 to white, 2 to black 3 to red. if the motor spins backward then take off 1 to white now take off 2 to black. Now put 1 on black and 2 on white. Now the motor should spin.

Onto the ltc esc. i have no idea, maybe you could try hooking up the red and black to + and -(i would leave them dangle and not hooked to anything the first time) and the white plugs into the pcb board where the brushed motor used to plug into. The whte wire will go onto the right pin in the brushed motor port when facing the mini's pcb board. The thick red and black wires coming off that esc tie into your main power wires that goto your battery.
thanks. was going to swap the wires around on motor but wasn't too sure and i didn't want to burn anything since this is first time i install brushless on mini/genius heli.

so far LTC is working and i made it plug-in-play (so far) i connected to test and works. only thing i might have to just solder the red/black power directly to RX even though i didn't want to do that.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
You dont have to solder directly to the rx, just cut the insulation in the middle of the wires and solder there.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:09 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
so far LTC is working and i made it plug-in-play (so far) i connected to test and works. only thing i might have to just solder the red/black power directly to RX even though i didn't want to do that.
Is that the turnigy 1015? Still waiting on mine.

Very curious how it performs.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Is that the turnigy 1015? Still waiting on mine.

Very curious how it performs.
this one is 1220, i ordered it a while ago but had no ESC.. the 1015 haven't arrived yet. so far the 1220 seems to have good power and holds head speed a bit better than stock, maybe a little more headspeed than stock (i am using 9T). only thing i noticed it the motor does get hotter than i expected.

another thing i noticed is when i first put battery and it beeps/binds like normal, but when i go throttle up the RX beeps again like it rebound then blades start spinning..
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:15 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Ordered some parts from HeliRCstore.com. Spent literally 15 dollars an a MCP tailboom, tail rotors, and mcpx CF tail fins. In my box he sent me 2 miniCP servo gears...I didnt even ask for them!

Also got some mints and a nice mint case, Bob at HeliRCstore guys, hes a good dude. Impressed with the shipping time as well...took one business day to arrive. Love that place and will do buying with him again. Just wanted to let you all know. Peace
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
another thing i noticed is when i first put battery and it beeps/binds like normal, but when i go throttle up the RX beeps again like it rebound then blades start spinning..
This is normal if you're running a brushless motor. It's not the RX beeping, it's the motor making that noise.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Ordered some parts from HeliRCstore.com. Spent literally 15 dollars an a MCP tailboom, tail rotors, and mcpx CF tail fins. In my box he sent me 2 miniCP servo gears...I didnt even ask for them!

Also got some mints and a nice mint case, Bob at HeliRCstore guys, hes a good dude. Impressed with the shipping time as well...took one business day to arrive. Love that place and will do buying with him again. Just wanted to let you all know. Peace
The man sure is getting good reviews. The prices on his website are way out of wack for some things, though. Nine Eagles 328a -109.99$ The same heli on myrcmart or miraclemart goes for 69.99% What's up with that?

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor