HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...o%281%29TH.jpg glue this thing down, also glue the battery wires where they enter the electrical board. Also there is a single black wire on the top front right corner Glue that down. Someone didnt and it touched something and smoked his board.

You might want to break in the motor in some water. Use a 6 v equivalent battery and throw the motor in a glass of water and let the brushes set. Sounds like your motor is just fine. its a lot more powerful than the genius. You will only get about 2 minutes of runtime with the stock mini motor. YOu might want to buy a genius motor. YOu will get about 6 1/2 minutes with that. Plus use the genius main gear in the mini.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:17 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
Joined Nov 2010
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...o%281%29TH.jpg glue this thing down, also glue the battery wires where they enter the electrical board. Also there is a single black wire on the top front right corner Glue that down. Someone didnt and it touched something and smoked his board.

You might want to break in the motor in some water. Use a 6 v equivalent battery and throw the motor in a glass of water and let the brushes set. Sounds like your motor is just fine. its a lot more powerful than the genius. You will only get about 2 minutes of runtime with the stock mini motor. YOu might want to buy a genius motor. YOu will get about 6 1/2 minutes with that. Plus use the genius main gear in the mini.
Will do the hot glue fix ASAP. As for the genius main motor, will it mesh properly with the Mini CP gear? I have a brand new genius motor sitting around but no gear.
Couchking is offline Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
You have to elongate the middle most bolt hole for it to mesh. just a hair. But its well worth it. Just keep putting the motor on and check the mesh , take a little off, check,etc. Dont just start carving into it.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Hey guys, why doesnt someone try this place to make some metal servo gears? http://www.shapeways.com/materials
Don't even bother, they can't hold tight enough tolerances.

YMMV, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Just flashed my radio. Now I have two throttle activated timers and switched f mode and t hold switches. Also played around with the library files for better outside visibility. This tx is awesome. And I also got my new mini rx in today.
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Mar 12, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,989 Posts
It's difficult for me to remember who has which Devo.

I'm guessing you're posting about the D12?
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:09 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
He has the devo 8
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,989 Posts
I just read in the Devo 8 thread, that Walkera recently released new upgrade S/W which allows throttle activated Timer.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Just flashed my radio. Now I have two throttle activated timers and switched f mode and t hold switches. Also played around with the library files for better outside visibility. This tx is awesome. And I also got my new mini rx in today.
How did you flash your radio?
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:44 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Follow these steps:

http://image.helipal.com/helipal-dev...ware-big-1.jpg

I'm not having much luck with this heli. I got my new rx today, bound it, hovered in my backyard for 20 seconds and then it goes out of control. Turns out my elevator servo decided to die mid-flight.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
Follow these steps:

http://image.helipal.com/helipal-dev...ware-big-1.jpg

I'm not having much luck with this heli. I got my new rx today, bound it, hovered in my backyard for 20 seconds and then it goes out of control. Turns out my elevator servo decided to die mid-flight.
I see that on the walkera homepage there's two different software downloads for 8s....1/3/12 and 3/12/12.

Do you have to download both or just the latest software update?
PeteAir is offline Find More Posts by PeteAir
Last edited by PeteAir; Mar 12, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
First download the update tool which will install the correct driver. Then click the picture of your tx and download the 10 or 100mw version. Obviously you want the latest one which is the 3/12/12

Fixed my mini again. Apparently you can push the tail boom in far enough to bind up the pitch servo and then you won't have any right cyclic. I'm back to loving this thing
Old Mar 13, 2012, 03:19 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
I just received mini cp with devo 6S.
The first thing I've done is upgrade TX with latest version from Walkera site.
Now it says:
Hardware: Ver 1.0
Software: Ver 0.4A
Library: Ver 0.3

Everything works fine but the main problem is that ID fixed code sub-menu
has disapperead at all (see pict attached).
I tried to search in every other menu but no luck.
Where the f*** has gone ?
I cannot set fixed id now !

Anybody got the same ?
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:31 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dado099 View Post
Where the f*** has gone ?
I cannot set fixed id now !

Anybody got the same ?
Uhh, yeah...where'd it go?

I did confirm the timer can be set according to stick position now, which is cool.

Also on devo 6s firmware.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 13, 2012, 06:03 AM
Italy
Joined Sep 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Uhh, yeah...where'd it go?

I did confirm the timer can be set according to stick position now, which is cool.

Also on devo 6s firmware.
Hi, which version did you use to upgrade?
v04a or v04b ?
dado099 is offline Find More Posts by dado099