HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:05 AM
Gaui X2 & Protos Mini FBL
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2008
747 Posts
I have been testing all kind of settings but I still think that my Genius fies in more predictable manner than my Mini CP. Whatever settings I deal in, it is still difficult to get cyclic controls linear. There is lots of expo on aileron & elevator and I don't manage to get rid of it. It makes banked turns and funnels especially tricky to fly. With my Genius I am able to fly smooth and tight funnels to any direction (inverted, tail-in, nose-in) but Mini CP tends to tilt when it reaches 45 degree angle.

Here is the first video of my Mini. I was trying to fly inverted tail-in funnel near the end of the video but the result was ugly because the heli does not want to stay in steep angle.

Walkera Mini CP - the first video (3 min 50 sec)

Walkera Mini CP - the Second Flight (3 min 48 sec)
Picofly is offline Find More Posts by Picofly
Last edited by Picofly; Mar 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:35 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
If you haven't seen this yet worth a look. Future could be little brighter for Devo ** Tx

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611471
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:27 AM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Just stick with the wks-10a-lt or get the esc that comes in the double brushless kit seperately . It has two esc's soldered together. Just unsolder one and use it. The esc you listed at helircstore is for the mcpx which is different.

About the orings....
People are using this washer set http://www.oomodel.com/450-helicopte...9-p-60999.html (using the smallest shim) when using those orings in place of the stock walkera rubber o-rings. if you do not use this washer then the head will be loose. You can file down each side of the feathering shaft a hair ON EACH Side. Do this only if you are not using the washers with the buna orings.
Where does the washer go on each side of the head?

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Mar 11, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
First remove the walkera orings ,install buna. Install washer. Install walkera spacer with the little circle that sticks out toward the blade grip. Install blade grip. Tighten down feathering shaft bolt. If you don't have the washers then you have to file down the feathering shaft the width of the little washers from oomodel 450 washer kit. No I don't know the width.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:50 PM
Joined Sep 2003
17 Posts
How can you tell if the gain is set too high. Anybody played with the pot on the receiver? I have my replacement receiver from WOW. I'm trying to determine the sweet spot. It’s been over 10 years since I've flown, back then you would turn the gain up until the tail started twitching then back it down until the tail held.
pmcbs is offline Find More Posts by pmcbs
Last edited by pmcbs; Mar 11, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcbs View Post
How can you tell if the gain is set too high. Anybody played with the pot on the receiver? I have my replacement receiver from WOW. I'm trying to determine the sweet spot. It’s been over 10 years since I've flown, back then you would turn the gain up until the tail started twitching then back it down until the tail wouldn’t hold.
If you didn't want the tail to hold why did you even bother using a gyro???
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Sep 2003
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
If you didn't want the tail to hold why did you even bother using a gyro???
OOPS fixed the post. So bob guess you don't know?
pmcbs is offline Find More Posts by pmcbs
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcbs View Post
OOPS fixed the post. So bob guess you don't know?
Having flown heli's without a rudder gyro I know how hard they are to fly..

Now days I do just like you did just 10 years ago and turn it up till it gets the shakes and then back it off till it stops shaking..

As we also have heading hold gyro's now,, I'll set it up both in HH mode and also in rate mode as sometimes I like having the tail follow the nose around and not always pointing in one place. And just flip the switch to change from one to the other...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
I messed with the pot on the board today by turning it to the 9 oclock position and like picofly said it makes it more linear on cylic , but if your use to it like it is shipped from walkera it is a handfull . I like it better in the 12 oclock position .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Mar 12, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
I messed with the pot on the board today by turning it to the 9 oclock position and like picofly said it makes it more linear on cylic , but if your use to it like it is shipped from walkera it is a handfull . I like it better in the 12 oclock position .
where is the pot on the board
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Old Mar 12, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
At the top front of the mini's electrical board, it looks like a silver screw.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Hey guys, why doesnt someone try this place to make some metal servo gears? http://www.shapeways.com/materials
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I made another video of the performance of the genius brushed motor and genius maingear on the mini. This time with stock battery and my lightened canopy which is 2.6grams. the last two floor hitting pitch pumps is in idle up.
Walkera Mini cp Minicp with Genius Motor and Maingear 240mah 25c (0 min 22 sec)

Here is a pic of my "lightened canopy"
Last edited by mescalinedream; Mar 12, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
...lightened canopy which is 2.6grams. ...
Care to share info about the lightened Canopy?
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:43 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
205 Posts
Hi guys,

Got my Mini CP and I have a few questions before I get it up in the air.

1.) I've read in this thread that people have been Hot Glueing certain parts on the RX, is this necessary? and if so, which parts should I apply hot glue to?

2.) Compared to my Genius, the Mini CP's motor is extremely hard to turn, to the point with it takes atleast 10-15% throttle to get it spinning. Is this normal? I took the motor off and tested and it seems like the motor itself has really strong magnets. Just wanna make sure this is normal so I don't cause any damage.

Thanks in advance.
Couchking is online now Find More Posts by Couchking