HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts

Anyone seen the tail on this? Maybe that will cure tail blowouts if the software settings dont.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:43 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Also, instead of thinning out the case for the aileron servo to get the c05 to fit, I just elongated the middle most bolt hole for the motor. Problem solved.
That's a good point. Even though I saw pics of Wow's drilled out air frames it still didn't register. I think I got it in my head I couldn't touch the air frame because there was about six weeks there where I had the mini but parts weren't available yet. I had servos from the genius so they were fair game.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:49 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,234 Posts
Spent a little more time painting a new canopy for brushless miniCP today...not to shabby for a spray can
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,921 Posts
IMO, a Canopy paint job isn't finished until one of these tags along for the ride:

Name: 2bombergirls.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 40.9 KB
Description:
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Spent a little more time painting a new canopy for brushless miniCP today...not to shabby for a spray can
looks good! do the flames help the heli fly faster?
ilotek is offline Find More Posts by ilotek
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:34 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,921 Posts
No.

Only lightning bolts do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtYPhBK61d0

It's Walkera! So, it's not legally allowed in most LHS's, and won't survive the inverted crash safety test without a Servo Saver mod!
Last edited by i812; Mar 10, 2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:51 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
...I think the Devo's can be programmed to auto start/stop the timer when THROTTLE stick is moved from/to zero position...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
If this were true, I'd be a HAPPY HAPPY man. My X9503 has this feature, and it's a blessing. I am VERY forgetful with timers, and the throttle stick timer feature is remarkable.

If someone knows how to make this possible, PLEASE chime in and I will be forever grateful.

-Shane
I forgot which TX you said you have, but 2 people in the Devo 12 review thread recently claimed they've successfully programmed their TX's to activate TIMER from THROTTLE position stick movement, and one showed the screens to do it in:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606536
Last edited by i812; Mar 10, 2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:22 AM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
I forgot which TX you said you had, but 2 people in the Devo 12 review thread recently claimed they've successfully programmed their TX's to activate TIMER from THROTTLE position stick movement, and one showed the screens to do it in:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606536
Yes the throttle controlled timer does work on the Devo 12 and is easy to setup - I always presumed that this is a advanced feature used on the 12 only

Its got to be activated by going to the stick position icon, set switch to SPS0, set channel to throttle, set position ( I use L-92% ), set on to high

then go to timer icon and set switch to SPS0

then the timer should start as soon as you open throttle and then stop when you close it - you can also set a interval on timer so it buzzes after x mins or use the one time option that does not stop the timer when the throttle closes.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I had the devo 7 which probably doesnt have this feature. Anyone brave enough to update their Devo 7 software?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
Decision bewteen Mini CP and Genius CP + brushless upgrade kit

Recently I bought a V120D02S and I'm very happy with it. Now I'm looking for something smaller for indoor use.

Because I own already a Devo transmitter, my two favourites are either the Mini CP or alternatively the Genius CP, upgraded with the official Walkera double brushless upgrade kit.

It's a close decision. Both choices cost nearly the same price and I guess, motor power of both might be comparable too. The only thing that could make a difference is the quality of their flybarless systems.

Please tell me your opinions and your recommendations about those two choices. Just to mention, I'm not fancy about this new telemetry gadget. I just like to have a nice indoor heli with quite good 3D capabilities.

Which one should I take?

Thank you very much for giving me some hints.

Notker
H3liN00B is offline Find More Posts by H3liN00B
Old Mar 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
. If you decide on genius cp do not get the double brushless kit . I have had both and like the mini cp better .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I have heard the double brushless kit for the genius isnt that good. I have the double brushless kit but I dont have a genius. I do have a mini cp and Love that little heli. Very durable. I have also tried the double brushless kit in the mini
Walkera Mini CP with Genius Double Brushless Upgrade (1 min 9 sec)

I installed it just to see if it works. I took it all off after that one flight.Its just too heavy and eats the battery up. I received the kit free with my order from helircstore.com Bob the owner is a very nice guy. I definitly recommend that you purchase your heli from him. He is located in north carolina too and orders usually take only 2 days!
Get the mini cp and buy a stock genius motor and genius main gear. Install them into the mini. Do the servo saver mod. Buy lots of batteries and enjoy 7 minutes of runtime. If you stay with the stock motor you will only get about 2 minutes. I have tried the c05 brushless motor in the mini and got lower runtime and speed over the stock genius brushed motor. Also the my mini's tail holds rock solid with no mix or trim at all. Genius owners have a hard time with their tails drifting. here is my mini with genius brushed motor
Walkera Minicp Mini cp helicopter Genius motor and main gear 350mah 20c (1 min 13 sec)
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,219 Posts
Im Sold!! Who do i write the check out too and who gets the kickback?
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
write the check to
Doug Groves I will pm you for the address. however I wont be sending anything but happy thoughts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,234 Posts
Quote:
IMO, a Canopy paint job isn't finished until one of these tags along for the ride:

Attachment 4696893
If i were artistic maybe but unless they come in a mini sticker....
Funny you mentioned the lightening bolts as that was my first choice. I needed something with wide lines as painting isnt my thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilotek View Post
looks good! do the flames help the heli fly faster?
it makes me crash less since i try to preserve my canopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3liN00B View Post

It's a close decision. Both choices cost nearly the same price and I guess, motor power of both might be comparable too. The only thing that could make a difference is the quality of their flybarless systems.

Notker
I woudnt recomend the genius to anyone over the miniCP. If you want longer flights get a genius motor.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member