HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20954215 so it looks like the only way to get more flight time out of these c05 motors is to rewire with thicker wire. I emailed aeorc.com to tell them the situation and that we are looking elsewhere for a motor. I had asked if they could maybe rewire or add stronger magnets. I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I hadd said that the motor inside the double brushless kit is a hpo5. I had read it was. it probably isnt though. I will weigh it soon. I also do not think that 1015 motor is capable enough for our helis. people are using the 1012 on the mpx though.
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...05&pid=U832265
this feigao 12x22mm at 10 grams might work. its ment for gearboxes. I run the slightly longer one in a edgerc pocket cimbat wing.

I had just read how quickly lithium batteries are progressing and that soon we will have lithium air but before that lithium sulfur. wow lithium air technology super light batteries.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Mar 07, 2012 at 07:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:44 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20954215 so it looks like the only way to get more flight time out of these c05 motors is to rewire with thicker wire. I emailed aeorc.com to tell them the situation and that we are looking elsewhere for a motor. I had asked if they could maybe rewire or add stronger magnets. I haven't heard anything back from them yet.

I hadd said that the motor inside the double brushless kit is a hpo5. I had read it was. it probably isnt though. I will weigh it soon. I also do not think that 1015 motor is capable enough for our helis.
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...05&pid=U832265
this feigao 12x22mm at 10 grams might work. its ment for gearboxes. I run the slightly longer one in a edgerc pocket cimbat wing.

I had just read how quickly lithium batteries are progressing and that soon we will have lithium air but before that lithium sulfur. wow lithium air technology super light batteries.
The double brushless main motor is the motor for v100D03BL!
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Mar 07, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
the weight of the double brushless motor is 7.02grams without the stock cable and plug. 7.33 grams with cord and plug.
my c05 is 4.3+/- cant really get a good reading since I still have the esc soldered to it.

stock mini main motor reads 9.97 grams. but I dont know if that is right since its a powerful magnet and gets stuck to my scale. it might be pulling down from metal inside the scale too

the weight of the wks-wk-10a-lt is 3.33 maybe I think cause I still have it wired to the c05 motor.

and I just counted 10 teeth on the pinion that is on the double brushless kit's motor.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Mar 07, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:45 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,984 Posts
One of the places I've worked at weighed magnetic stuff and had to always keep the magnetic stuff atleast X distance away from any thing that could get magnetized, so the magnetised stuff was always placed on foam atleast X inches thick the entire time it was in the factory.

When they weighed their stuff, they'd place an appropriate empty foam container on the scale, TARE the scale, then place magnetic stuff on the foam container waiting on scale to get an accurate weight measurement. When they were done weighing they would simply pickup foam container with magnetic stuff, and the magnetic stuff would stay in that container throughout it's life in the factory until it shipped inside a better all enclosed and even thicker foam container packed inside a cardboard box.

No one was allowed to use "normal" tools within X inches of the magnetic stuff. People had to use special non-magnetizable tools. If magnetizable tools were brought within X inches of the magnets, then the magnets would loose their strength.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Mar 07, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:14 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
HP05s 12,500kv Outrunner

Received the hp05s. I really like it, not sure why it's not more popular with the genius and mini. It definitely has more power than the c05 and only about 1 gram heavier. With a 7t it was a bit subdued, but still fun for cruising.

With an 8t it felt really good...but loads of tail blow outs. Thinking I will either extend the boom, go dual tail like this, or try dialing down my pitch TA a little as a temp fix until I can come up with a tail solution.

The hp05s is also a little slimmer than the c05 so you probably won't need to dremel down your aileron servo (mine's already see through it's so dremeled) when using a 7t pinion.

Pics and flight vids below. I could probably lose a few grams if I cleaned up my bl setup...might do it later if I get motivated. Included photos of c05 for comparison. If you watch the vids I think you'll see why I use the servo saver mod

Walkera Mini cp hp05s 8t Tail Blowouts (1 min 17 sec)

Walkera Mini Cp Hp05s 7t Pinion (2 min 44 sec)
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Last edited by bytemuncher; Mar 07, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,984 Posts
Is there anything useful "buried" inside a Motor's name, or are Motor's names about as helpful identifying a characteristic as people's names are at determining their personality?

It took me a while; however, I've finally realized for some Motors having xx##yy names, the ## = ~ ## grams weight. For instance C05 = ~ 5g, HP05 = ~ 5g, HP03 = ~3g, HP08 = ~ 8g, etc.

So if the numbers in some Motor's names signify the weight, do the letters signify something?

I've seen the different specs for C05, C05M, HP05 but haven't figured why if any reason C, M, HP, or S signifies something.

Do the letters help users remember something about the Motor's spec?

Or are they just random letters that different manufactures use, but within a manufacturer's product line represents something about the Motor's characteristic?

Is there "decoder" "Lookup Data Table" that has all the common micro Motor's and their parameters all on one sheet, to help users narrow their design choices?

All this C05, C05M, HP03, HP05, HP06, HP08, 1015, 1050, 1220, .... Motor stuff that people frequently post makes as much sense to me as yesterday's Lotto number drawing.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:20 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by repressor View Post
Thanks guys, think I'll strengthen all the connections by soldering and add hot glue. Is it easy to remove hot glue if I need to get to the connections?

Yes you just put some alcohol on it and it will peel right off..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:40 AM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Is there anything useful.
No.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:52 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I used a hp05s on my genius for testing with an 8 tooth pinion..tail blow outs were horrible. Tried a dual tail and it seemed like it never had enough power and piros were too slow

Maybe ill try with an sr120 tail this time around on the mini

Thanks for the vids..I think i will go order a 7tooth pinion. What main gear were you using?

BTW happy Birthday to the little one
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Received the hp05s. I really like it, not sure why it's not more popular with the genius and mini. It definitely has more power than the c05 and only about 1 gram heavier. With a 7t it was a bit subdued, but still fun for cruising.

With an 8t it felt really good...but loads of tail blow outs. Thinking I will either extend the boom, go dual tail like this, or try dialing down my pitch TA a little as a temp fix until I can come up with a tail solution.

The hp05s is also a little slimmer than the c05 so you probably won't need to dremel down your aileron servo (mine's already see through it's so dremeled) when using a 7t pinion.

Pics and flight vids below. I could probably lose a few grams if I cleaned up my bl setup...might do it later if I get motivated. Included photos of c05 for comparison. If you watch the vids I think you'll see why I use the servo saver mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Ul7LfMQS8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRwvjbVO2J8
The HP05s is a very good motor i find the power is a little smoother than the c05m and there is more of it however The stock tail just does not cut it. I used a HP05s and HP02t brushless tail on my genius cp for a little bit worked qUite well however a bit heavy and unbalanced because of two escs had a bit of a bobbing effect similar to my mcpx had with 120sr tail and HP05s.
I am using a HP03s motor on my mini cp with 8t pinion is a bit smoother and a tad more powerful than the c05m a little lighter too however it does bog easier than the c05m but not as much as you think. I don't mind a little bit of bog it teaches you good collective management, then when you move up to bigger helis its all SOO much easier.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Last edited by achogg33; Mar 07, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Morning Chris,

I meant to post a few videos for you last night..but damn mobile phone.
Here is one to verify you have 0 pitch at center which along with too much top and bottom pitch is almost always the culprits on the micro motor tail CP's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9UgHfg_NM

These micro helis havecrazy extreme pitch possible as you have found out and sometimes like the mcpx if too much pitch and pounded inverted the tail will just turn off or blow out. I personally run 60% travel pos an neg for pitch and at least an 85% throttle curve and I am able to fly popping around a decent bit with no tail issues as in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJhq9ThUUk0

Thanks! I just zero'd in my blade pitch with your video guide, very simple and very easy to understand.
ilotek is offline Find More Posts by ilotek
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilotek View Post
very simple and very easy to understand.
Yes. This is among the best videos I have seen on basic CP setup for these small helis. It doesn't address all facets of CP setup, bit what the video aims to cover, it covers it very succinctly. It's been very helpful to me as well.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
Hey guys, I accidentally purchased the brushed version of the Mini CP when I wanted the brushless version from WOW. Is the upgrade much worth it ?
andrewho83 is offline Find More Posts by andrewho83
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewho83 View Post
Hey guys, I accidentally purchased the brushed version of the Mini CP when I wanted the brushless version from WOW. Is the upgrade much worth it ?
i'm still learning to fly basic maneuvers and orientations (no 3d yet), but the brushed version from wow is plenty for me. i have the C05 brushless that is currently on my genius, so when the time comes i might switch over. The brushed motor that comes with the stock mini-cp is great, plenty of power (but also a power hog), i get somewhere between 3 and 6 minutes (i have a collection of 240mah 25c's and some 350mah 20c's) of reliable around the house flying. every once in a while i'll do a pitch pump or some piro swivels, but nothing too fancy.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Yes. This is among the best videos I have seen on basic CP setup for these small helis. It doesn't address all facets of CP setup, bit what the video aims to cover, it covers it very succinctly. It's been very helpful to me as well.

Chris
what i appreciated most was the back and forth between the Tx and Heli. Even though it was for a different Heli and a different Tx, I was still able to follow along. So many guides show one or the other, and it can be difficult to adapt to my particular situation (2801pro with the genius or devo 8s with the mini cp).