HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:53 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I wonder if this is what happened to that hellraser persona... I would not be surprised.

Chris
So what exactly would you not be surprised at Chris

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
That motor was a bust on the mcpx so I dont think it will cut it for the mini
i have a backup plan
1220 which is still ligher than stock motor.. i don't want to go outrunner as i think that is a bit overkill for my purposes.. just looking for slightly more power, cooler running, long lasting and more efficient compared to stock motor.. just waiting for the ESC to arrive to test it.

@bytemuncher, my last order from hobbyking took 1 month to arrive (2-3 weeks alone waiting for them to ship)
so might be a while for me
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:39 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Yeah, supposedly they shipped my order two weeks ago. They must ship by courier pigeon.

I saw a video (guy in Japan) who was hovering a 4#3b with the 1015. That's kind of an apples to oranges comparison however as the 4#3b has fp blades (more lift).

I'm hoping it has enough torque for general putting around. Long flight times would also be nice. Plan to start with an 8t pinion and go from there. Ultimately I was planning to have the 1015 in my genius and the hp05s (should arrive soon) in the mini. Anyway, I guess we'll see.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:39 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2006
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
i have a backup plan
1220 which is still ligher than stock motor.. i don't want to go outrunner as i think that is a bit overkill for my purposes.. just looking for slightly more power, cooler running, long lasting and more efficient compared to stock motor.. just waiting for the ESC to arrive to test it.

@bytemuncher, my last order from hobbyking took 1 month to arrive (2-3 weeks alone waiting for them to ship)
so might be a while for me
Any idea how heavy the 1220 is. Hobby King say is 8.4g vs 6.6g for stock motor.
benmlee is offline Find More Posts by benmlee
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:46 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
it weighs 8.9g with no pinion. assuming HK number could be w/o the wire.. my stock mini motor weighs 9.9g with pinon and sensor wire.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:48 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Mini stock motor is ~9.8gms.

*edit* scub beat me to it
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:14 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
129 Posts
I currently have 2 mini cp's with Stock main gear, stock pinion 9t, and c05 brushless motor. I run hyperion 240mah 25c batteries and the stock 240mah 25c batteries. The stock batts have alot more power than the hyperions. As far as the gearing and headspeed, I like the power from this setup and I haven't broken more parts since going brushless. In my opinion my heli is still very durable and a blast to fly!!
Milf Hunter is online now Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:29 AM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Jan 2011
236 Posts
Just thought I would let you all know that HeliPal is selling the servo gears (the one gear that is most commonly stripped) for the Genius and MiniCP.

http://www.helipal.com/airy-servo-ge...genius-cp.html

Looks like you get 3 gears for $4.50.
paul2pilot is offline Find More Posts by paul2pilot
Old Mar 07, 2012, 01:36 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Theyre Airy too, wondet if they are stronger, Airy parts are usually really durable.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:23 AM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
After having my mini down for two weeks, I'm finally able to give a report on the 400mah 20c linear current batteries (http://www.wowhobbies.com/battery-tr...cxfpandcp.aspx) I purchased from Wow. These are a little too heavy for doing 3d flight on a stock setup, though you can still do hovering and some mild circuits. Flight time is at least 6 minutes. I'm sure that these would be great with a brushless setup.

I myself, don't have a brushless kit so I'm looking to sell my 3 batteries. These would be ideal for someone with a v120, brushless mini or anybody who primarily hovers around and is looking for increased flight time.

PM me if interested, I'll be posting to the classifieds section tomorrow.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:33 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,990 Posts
Compilation of Manny's Motor/Pinion/Main Gear test data

I recently finished editing an earlier post I made today about 10 posts ago, to include a compilation of a few of Manny's HeadSpeed/FlightPerformance/Time data posts that have been made since the beginning of this thread. After compiling the data, I noticed his data would have answered some recent newbie "which Motor, Gear, and flight times should I get" questions that have been asked recently. I'm reposting the same info again, here, just in case someone that read my earlier post before I made the below edit, might be interest in knowing various Headspeed data Manny has posted to date:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Edit:

Manny (buildem336) made a few posts listing a few Headspeed measurements with different Motors, Pinions, and Main Gears. Here is a compilation:

NOTES:
  1. Pre-Release "stock" Mini's were shipped with 8t Pinions, Post-Release stock Mini's were shipped with 9t Pinions
  2. stock Genius Pinion = 9t
  3. stock Mini Main Gear = 61t
  4. stock Genius Main Gear = 64t
  5. Manny prefers stock Mini Main Motor over stock Genius Main Motor because can get 2 min of good 3d flight;
    w/ stock Genius Main Motor even in the first 10 sec w/ fresh LiPo can't fly it like the Mini Main Motor
  6. design trade off between +HS (performance) and -Flight Time
  7. Manny prefers stock (5,000) HS for Indoor flight because less damage, and > 2 1/2 min 3D
  8. Manny prefers Converter/ESC HM-4G3-Z-43 + C06 for all setups because of lighter weight
    (Weight w/o LiPo using BL Converter/ESC, C05, Solid CF Tail Boom (+0.3g), w/o (connectors, Telemetry, extra wiring) = 36.1g < stock)
  9. Walkera double BL kit Main Motor not as good as C05. It's heavier and doesn't have as much power
Pre-Release Stock Mini (i.e. 8t + 61t) = 4,880, Flight Time = ~ 2.75 min

Post-Release Stock Mini (i.e. 9t + 61t) = 5,000 + < Flight Time

Stock Mini + 8t + 64t = 4,710 + > Flight Time

Stock Mini + C05 + 8t + 64t = 5,000 + 1 min extra 3D flight time
(Manny's preferred indoor setup: same HS as stock, but longer flight/3D time)

(claims w/ 7t HS = ~ stock (4,880)

Stock Mini + C05 + 7t + 61t = ~ 5,000

Stock Mini + C05 + 9t + 64t = 5,300

Stock Mini + C05 + 8t + 61t = 5,300

Stock Mini + C05 + 9t + 61t = 5,700
If you want to see how Manny installed his Converter/ESC, and reduced un-needed weight, click on the link to my earlier post and scroll down to look at two photo's of his setup.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Mar 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:44 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Out of curiousity what are you guys (not 3d flyers, I know what 3d settings are primarily being used) running for your throttle and pitch curves?
I dont need settings, Im just wondering what the full range of flying skills are running on their MCP.
Whether youre new to CP and only running 40% DR, a intermediate or a FFFlyer...post em up!

Was kinda surprised to see a couple of the pitch and thr curves being used so I want to see the variance from person to person.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Mar 07, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser View Post
So what exactly would you not be surprised at Chris

Regards David

Oh, I just thought that maybe you'd gotten the boot because you have been extremely annoying. You know the kind that likes to get a rise out of genuine individuals who are trying to be helpful. Yeah... Trolls is what people who do this on the internet are called.

In and out!

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:18 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Hey guys, before you take a big steaming dump on the thread could you maybe try to talk this out in PM?
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:59 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Out of curiousity what are you guys (not 3d flyers, I know what 3d settings are primarily being used) running for your throttle and pitch curves?
I dont need settings, Im just wondering what the full range of flying skills are running on their MCP.
Whether youre new to CP and only running 40% DR, a intermediate or a FFFlyer...post em up!

Was kinda surprised to see a couple of the pitch and thr curves being used so I want to see the variance from person to person.
Hi I gave my nephew my mcpX he has msr and phoenix flight sim practice.

Can hover and do a bit of foward flight.

Pitch curve linear 0-100
Th curve norm 0 20 40 60 80
Th curve idle up 80 flat
Dr 50 low rate 30 expo
Dr 80 high rate 30 expo
All travel adjust at 100.
Uses dx6i

Different heli I know but similar settings can be used on mini cp.
achogg33 is offline Find More Posts by achogg33
Last edited by achogg33; Mar 07, 2012 at 05:08 AM.