HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:14 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Curious to see how the inrunner works for you.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:27 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Curious to see how the inrunner works for you.
Will post results once it arrives, waiting to receive from hobbyking. I'm not expecting massive power, that's what the hp05s is for, just hoping to get something like genius main power and flight times in a brushless setup.

The turnigy inrunner is also only 10 bucks and usually in stock...of course shipping takes forever.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
@mescalinedream, with the c05 try an 8t or 9t pinion with the mini main gear with the c05. You tested the lowest head speed combo, 7t w/ genius main gear. However, I have to agree with you about the flight time, I didn't get anything spectacular with my c05 either. It's also more hassle dealing with the esc placement and extra wires. With that said I still plan to test more bl motors (turnigy 1015 inrunner & hp05s outrunner).

I thought people were posting 6+ minute with the c05 and walkera 350mah 25c?

But maybe that's with the newer 25c lipos from walkera. People mentioned those batteries had much more power than the 20c version.
PeteAir is offline Find More Posts by PeteAir
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:43 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAir View Post
I thought people were posting 6+ minute with the c05 and walkera 350mah 25c?

But maybe that's with the newer 25c lipos from walkera. People mentioned those batteries had much more power than the 20c version.
My c05 is out of service (bent shaft) and I never got the chance to test it with the fullriver 350mah 25c batteries.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I tested it with the walkera 25c 350mah battery that came with the genius double brushless kit and runtime was 3 3/4 min. And when that 3 3/4min mark hits the heli is landing by itself. Doesnt give you much time to land

I have a fiegao brushless 12 mm motor. Its heavy And I need to look up the model version to see kv. I use them in my edgerc pocket wing. That thing zips around on 7.4v though. not even sure this feigao would do 3.7 and its heavy. I think i need to try the heavier genius double brushless motor that came in the kit. I didnt run it that long at all. Just to see if it works.

Rewiring the c05 might benefit us though. Its wired wye with twin wires on each um whats it called. There is a lot of wire though inside that little stator. No room at all really. I will post over in the power systems and maybe someone is interested in finding out what this motor is capable of.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Mar 06, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Well here is a video of my mini cp with genius motor and main gear. I am using rcecho 20c 350mah in the clip. I stopped the clip early cause our memory card is almost full. I could show if people wanted a 7 minute video of it flying but since I cannot do 3d yet it would be boring to watch. I can do quicker pitch pumps with the genius motor than the c05 with 7t .5mod pinion and genius main gear. I dont see what the hoopla is about with this c05. If you tried the geniusmotor/gear combo after the c05 then I am sure you wont look back. The only benifit is no brushes to wear out on the brushless motor. Wow one benifit.the cons are, heavier(i think it might be heavier since its the motor and esc), more expensive than a 12 dollar motor and 4 dollar gear. less runtime even with the walkera 350 25c I only got 3 1/2 minutes of the same flying i do with the brushed motor. Slower pitch pumps than the genius motor, hassle of installing it! There minght be more, i dont know.

I could make a longer video and it is stable and the tail does not give out. the reason its unstable is because i kept looking over to the camera to see if i was in the frame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDw-xnHgs7g
What on earth is up with THAT? I run a 9T pinion with the GCP main gear and I do not get this kind of lift on pitch pumps with a stock GCP motor. Not even close. This is akin to the performance I get with the c05 in idle up. I don't understand why your heli shoots up so fast with a GCP motor. The head speed seems very fast, too.

Your cat seems rather unphased.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:50 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
What on earth is up with THAT? I run a 9T pinion with the GCP main gear and I do not get this kind of lift on pitch pumps with a stock GCP motor. Not even close. This is akin to the performance I get with the c05 in idle up. I don't understand why your heli shoots up so fast with a GCP motor. The head speed seems very fast, too.

Your cat seems rather unphased.

Best,
Chris
I think he's running canopy-less which knocks off ~2.5gms from the AUW...but still looks quite peppy.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Thats what I dont understand what all the hype is with the c05??? I love my little mini with genius motor and genius gear. I do have added weight of glue and nail polish though. Here is the weight of my heli with 350mah 20c rcecho battery. 41.66grams And i do have the front legs of my landing gear missing and one peg that goes into the frame. Thats without canopy........ with canopy its 45.34 grams! lots of glue geez didnt think it weighed that much. Need to do some trimming.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Quote:
I tested it with the walkera 25c 350mah battery that came with the genius double brushless kit and runtime was 3 3/4 min. And when that 3 3/4min mark hits the heli is landing by itself. Doesnt give you much time to land

Is that 3 3/4 minutes running a double brushless setup or just using the c05 main motor?

I'd think the double brushless would make it tail heavy or just heavier in general and less efficient imo. Brushed tail motor is lighter and cheaper.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAir View Post
Is that 3 3/4 minutes running a double brushless setup or just using the c05 main motor?

I'd think the double brushless would make it tail heavy or just heavier in general and less efficient imo. Brushed tail motor is lighter and cheaper.

Thats just with the c05. I didnt run the double brushless very long, the double was heavy, and it was killing my battery.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Quote:
Thats just with the c05. I didnt run the double brushless very long, the double was heavy, and it was killing my battery.

Are you using these 25c batteries?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=260972071863

I think they're the newer 25c with more capacity. Just ordered 10 of these after reading an older post (#773) of how there's over 6min flight time with a c05. But doesn't sound like it from what you guys are experiencing.

Oh well I needed new lipos anyway, my 240mah weren't cutting it.
Last edited by PeteAir; Mar 06, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:08 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Will post results once it arrives, waiting to receive from hobbyking. I'm not expecting massive power, that's what the hp05s is for, just hoping to get something like genius main power and flight times in a brushless setup.

The turnigy inrunner is also only 10 bucks and usually in stock...of course shipping takes forever.
Have you ran the hpo5s on the mini? If so how was the tail holding up?
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1,574 Posts
Quote:
I thought the mini main gear was mod .5mm?

A few thoughts.

The solo pro 125 looks somewhat like a genius clone and the servo arms appear to be in the same orientation. It would be interesting if they will be drop in replacements. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555704

Regarding gears, unfortunately if the gear under the metal collar gets stripped then there is no way to replace it. So extra gears aren't the best solution IMO. If Walkera made that metal collar removable that would be a good solution.

As far as hk servos go, reversing them isn't exactly easy. Bob was going to pay Mescalinedream for a "servo reversing service"...that's how not fun it is. Bob isn't exactly a beginner. These servos are the size of a fingertip, and switching the wires isn't fun, especially for three servos. Would be awesome if we could find a drop in alternative.

Farmer seemed to have another method of servo-saving by putting some glue on the gear teeth to keep the servo from over-extending. His video was very hard to follow and he removed it without ever following up. He gave up on Walkera after they "abandoned" the genius and released the mini cp.

At present the best solution is still the saver mod with some form of added tension (o-ring, dental floss, heat shrink, etc.). On the genius the servo arms are different and you may get away without needing any added tension. I suspect it may even be enough to just have one servo saver, which would take the bulk of the energy. I'm too chicken to test this so I run savers on all my genius and mini servos now.
It looks to me that with a proper fixture the shaft can be driven from the brass collar then the tear replaced. However there may also be a key in the pot on the other end of the shaft. On the newer WK-02-X servos there is a four position indexing so you can just pull the output gear/shaft out and rotate it 180* and use the servo again. However in the genius servo it looks like the gear in the middle of the shaft rotates freely. If so the gear would need to be replaced. I don't know as I haven't disassembled one.

Good Luck, Don
dbennettya is offline Find More Posts by dbennettya
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:46 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
This is incorrect. They are not all the same.

The mcpx uses linear servos which are more durable than the genius and mini cp servos. In this post an mcpx owner pokes fun at Walkera's fragile servo gears http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...24&postcount=7
In general, yes a digital linear servo is more accurate and durable than a traditional torque amplifiing gear reduction servo up to a certain size. I definately believe the output gears on the Mini CP servos are weak, no doubt. Yet the 3 linear cyclic servos on the mcpx have carbon slider traces, which are exposed and get dirty frequently and have to be taken apart and cleaned with alchohol regularly. These thin carbon strips eventually wear out causing centering issues and chatter on the swash. And they do strip, due to the heli being FBL, or you break a ball on the swash. Horizon cant keep these mcp-x servos in stock for any length of time, so that must mean something. They were 22.00 each for awhile but now they are cheaper.

Just do a google search for "MCP-x servo" and watch pages of threads come up about complaints.....People like to complain, its part of the hobby, we all do it..

All I know is with the MCP-x it being a FL micro was basically the same consumable parts being replaced as the mini-cp, Servos, Main Motors, Tail booms and Tail motors and to some extent the all in one RX's. The other issue was that they coudnt keep these parts in stock, and the parts are genrally more expensive for the mcp-x than the mini upon release.

The good thing is that Blade has a warranty so at least you can get some replacements if they had them in stock. Not to put IndoorHeli on the spot, but since he has owned both maybe he can give his POV on the servos. I know he had fun with them.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:55 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, BrÝndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
613 Posts
I have been looking at this mini cp heli, and can see it comes in a value, premium and platinum version. To me the difference seems to be the TX, and that the helicopter is the same. Is this true, or is there other difference between those 3 versions ?

- kim -
SpookiePower is offline Find More Posts by SpookiePower