SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Hey bytemuncher seems like you bought the servos that fit the genius from what farmer said here

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=369137&page=5 So do the hk 282a fit or not?> You said you bought 5 in that post
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Seems like people are using either using hk-282a the hk282 is held in by glue but is similar. or the hk-5320.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Hey bytemuncher seems like you bought the servos that fit the genius from what farmer said here

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=369137&page=5 So do the hk 282a fit or not?> You said you bought 5 in that post
Yeah, I bought those and ended up throwing them away. I'm not patient enough (or skilled?) to solder tiny parts inside of tiny servos. Just another failed mod (there have been many) for me. A lot of people ordered these and I think they probably ended up throwing them in the spare parts box, selling them, or throwing them out like me.

I know at least one guy was successful at getting them working, but the work involved...not worth it IMO.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:46 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts

lookie here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1562262
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:49 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
And here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1613 and here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1604

This quote sums them up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
definitely not plug and play
Doesn't mean you can't succeed, but the genius has a much roomier air frame compared to the mini...on the mini they would be hellish to fit (as I said before). Good luck if you decide to go for it!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
would these fit? I have seen a genius on youtube claiming to fly with cheap servos but the guy didn't say which ones they are yet but I only found the ones above that could fit.
These are now on sale in Taiwan for 8.50$ each. They are smaller, lighter and they require modding to fit (as you can see in the picture) but people have had success using them. I don't think I'll bother trying... I just bought six new servos and I'm using the servo saver mod with much positive results.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
whats the stock mini cp servo size? cause the hk-5320 is 13.5 mm long x 6 mm wide x 16.5 mm high
plus the servo horn size 3.3 mm
the main cable is 109 mm long plus the small plug

Bopepine YOur pic didnt work
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
I can see the pic. Works fine for me. Here's the proof!

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I can see the pic. Works fine for me. Here's the proof!

Chris
I thought you had a new signature photo
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Was that the one time deal I read about a few weeks ago? What might have been a "mistake" price, that quickly got sold out, and ad was "pulled" within the first hour of it being posted? Miracle Mart?
I'm the one who posted the deal on devo12 for $299 at Miracle Mart.. and few of my friends ordered it the same day lol.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
HK servos would probably need to be reversed (rewired internally) and they would be hellish to fit on the air frame...and you could forget about using the servo holder.
they seem to fit in a genius
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1562262
you were posting in that thread, did you already try them in eitehr gcp or mcp?

need to swap motor and pot wires, but that shouldn't be that hard. I already have them on order so I can report more when they get to me which is either today or tomorrow as I got them locally over ebay and they have been sent out yesterday

edit: sorry, pressed on reply prematurely and did not refresh the page so I missed all the talk about the servos here
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Last edited by Mulder_; Feb 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
I thought you had a new signature photo
Well, what the heck? I'm the only one who can see the pic, then? Weird. I added the pic as an attachment. Maybe that'll work.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
those servos look thick
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
those servos look thick
They fit in the stock servo holder so, no, they seem to be the same width as the stock ones. Just shorter.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:11 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
206 Posts
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but are all/most Genius CP parts compatible with the Mini CP?
Couchking is offline Find More Posts by Couchking