HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:40 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Thats weird...tried to come up with something logical but can't since its fine inverted low stick.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Thats weird...tried to come up with something logical but can't since its fine inverted low stick.
I'll post a video later. All I have to do is apply a lot of neg pitch when flipping and the tail just goes bezerk. If I apply just enough neg pitch for a smooth flip, the tail hold fine.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Is it blowing out on a big neg pitch pump drop or only inverted?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I'll post a video later. All I have to do is apply a lot of neg pitch when flipping and the tail just goes bezerk. If I apply just enough neg pitch for a smooth flip, the tail hold fine.

Chris
You're running a c05 with 9t pinion? Or stock motor?
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:48 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Depart USPS Sort Facility, February 26, 2012, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 26, 2012, 4:59 pm, MEMPHIS, TN 38136
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, February 24, 2012, 11:33 pm, CHARLOTTE, NC 28214
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, February 24, 2012, 10:18 pm, MONROE, NC 28110
Electronic Shipping Info Received, February 24, 2012

It looks like I will be breaking it tomorrow!
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Think hes running a GCP motor...unless im thinking of someone else.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Quote:
Is it blowing out on a big neg pitch pump drop or only inverted?
Only inverted.

Quote:
c05 with 9T pinion, indeed. I use a genius CP main gear. I have 8T pinions coming in the mail. Not here yet.

Thanks!
Chris

PS:

Quote:
Think hes running a GCP motor...unless im thinking of someone else.
I was running the stock GCP motor at first but I have since installed BL motor and ESC. So I'm probably the same guy you're thinking about. I have not posted about upgrading to BL.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:30 AM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
952 Posts
Quote:
Don't expect an answer from Jonathan. He's seen the picture, I'm sure. I think it's way to embarassing for anyone at Wow to comment on that picture without offering a free frame replacement along with a 20$ refund. You think this is going to happen? Don't count your chickens...

Chris
My sentiments EXACTLY! They should supply us with a new frame and a $20 refund, or some other type of compensation. As I told you, I'm looking to buy another Mini CP in the future, so who knows...maybe Jonathan will surprise us.

Either way, I know I won't be ordering the "Pro" iteration on my next go around.

-Shane
ShaneXman is online now Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:55 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Chis,

What if you copy the Genius settings and use them to fly the mini cp. If its the same you can rule out the settings of the Tx.
Sonicg is online now Find More Posts by Sonicg
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:58 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Only inverted.
It's strange the tail holds during upright pitch pumps, but blows out when inverted. Maybe there is more torque when inverted, maybe try reducing your negative pitch a little with TA?

I guess an extended boom could help as well as good collective management (i.e. being softer on the sticks as you mentioned). Wonder if it does this with the stock motor?

Also curious what indoorheli and other 3d pilots have to say about it.

I hope you haven't found a new issue or weak point.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicg View Post
Chis,

What if you copy the Genius settings and use them to fly the mini cp. If its the same you can rule out the settings of the Tx.
They are the same settings except I reduced pitch on L in travadj by 10% on the Mini CP (as suggested by bytemuncher-Thanks!). It still does it. I dunno about the stock mini motor as I only used it on a couple flights before changing motor and never tried to flip it with the stock motor.

Anyways, I will try to shoot a video today to show you guys. Too bad I have to intentionally crash to demo this. I'll do it in my yard over tall grass. I'll try to show in the same video that with moderate throttle input (neg) it's fine but when I apply too much pitch it's a no go.

I suppose better throttle management is one way to avoid inverted tail blowouts, but the problem is I don't only fly this heli. When I go from the Genius CP to the Mini CP, I need to change the amount of neg pitch I apply quite drastically so I have to adapt my throttle management for each heli. THis makes for a rough first minute of flight with the Mini CP until I adjust my thumbs. It's annoying.

Anyways.... Stay tuned for the video demo. I'm off to fly now.

Thanks guys.
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
My sentiments EXACTLY! They should supply us with a new frame and a $20 refund, or some other type of compensation. As I told you, I'm looking to buy another Mini CP in the future, so who knows...maybe Jonathan will surprise us.

Either way, I know I won't be ordering the "Pro" iteration on my next go around.

-Shane
I'll post a pic of my frame with the motor removed later. Do you want one? I'll drill one out for you.... 20 bucks!!! Call it the Mini ProPine.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:42 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
When I go from the Genius CP to the Mini CP, I need to change the amount of neg pitch I apply quite drastically so I have to adapt my throttle management for each heli.
What are you running in the genius? Stock genius motor?

p.s. Think I found out what to do with my old chewed up genius air frame. Gonna sell it on ebay as the Wow genius-PRO air frame!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:55 AM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
+1 for the butchered main frame. I ordered a "stock" mcp from WOW because I didn't like the idea of having holes drilled into the frame. I thought it was weird when I picked it up and during the test flight I saw that they had added the genius main gear but was told they had not drilled holes into the frame.

It wasn't until I saw the previous posts that said the mod wasn't visibly obvious until you removed the motor that I discovered they had drilled the holes. At least I didn't have to pay the extra money for their "Pro" mod.

Considering getting a replacement frame over concerns that the motor mount will break at some point.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
What are you running in the genius? Stock genius motor?

p.s. Think I found out what to do with my old chewed up genius air frame. Gonna sell it on ebay as the Wow genius-PRO air frame!

Same. C05, 9T pinion and GCP main gear. Weird eh? I'm thinking the pitch isn't set right mechanically on my Mini CP, but it's difficult to calculate blade pitch on such small helis.

Good idea on selling your frame on Ebay! That's business opportunity, right there!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor