SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
my RX pot came at around 12 o'clock (the flat side).. on TX im using 85-86% (have tried 90%, but feels too robotic i think) not sure what others are using.
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:38 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstar View Post
Hi all,
Since 2801Pro version of min CP are unlikely to be released, I transplanted GeniusCP to the frame of mini.
Hi Tipstar, interesting way to deal with the reversed pitch servo. Do you think this setup flies as well as the original genius?
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:43 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
my RX pot came at around 12 o'clock (the flat side).. on TX im using 85-86% (have tried 90%, but feels too robotic i think) not sure what others are using.
When I cranked it up it was just to see if it would eliminate the ccw yaw drift (just testing as I already use a program mix to mix out the drift). Didn't really fly it long enough at that setting to see how it performed, but I know what you mean, I also like the tail a little loosey goosey.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjd42 View Post
To those getting lots of bench time while learning 3D with their MCP (and/or other helis,) I keep seeing lots of posts about getting bench time, even a few folks getting disillusioned about the learning process due to all of the crashes and repairs and such, but rarely do I ever see sim time mentioned alongside bench time! Are folks just not mentioning their sim time or are they not getting any?

I ask not to point fingers or to claim any superiority, but simply as a new pilot who is trying to get daily time on both the sim and the real bird and finds himself wondering if his sim time will earn him less bench time once he does start flipping his MCP.
I am getting a bloodbath learning 3D with my V120D02S, The issue is that what the heli does in a sim is very different than in a real life. In the sim, you have a near perfect gyro, tail and power system. This is particularly true of flips where I can do low continuous flips and don't crash anymore. The problem is that flips on the V120D02S are often very skewered and that you are liable to a loss in power or tail blowout that result in a crash. Once you have crashed the heli a number of times, problems really mount and that will get you more and more crashes. In the end, it may be better just to buy a new heli.

I am interested in the MIni CP because it had been reported to flip more precisely and is much more robust than the V120D02S. However, I don't have a Devo transmitter and the choices are confusing.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:46 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
ebay, and goto rcecho.com and get the 350mah 20c for 14.90 for five of em 2 bucks shipping.
Are those 20C or 25C? The one's that Kopteri recommended are 25C, so cost a little more $$
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:52 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I am getting a bloodbath learning 3D with my V120D02S, The issue is that what the heli does in a sim is very different than in a real life. In the sim, you have a near perfect gyro, tail and power system. This is particularly true of flips where I can do low continuous flips and don't crash anymore. The problem is that flips on the V120D02S are often very skewered and that you are liable to a loss in power or tail blowout that result in a crash. Once you have crashed the heli a number of times, problems really mount and that will get you more and more crashes. In the end, it may be better just to buy a new heli.

I am interested in the MIni CP because it had been reported to flip more precisely and is much more robust than the V120D02S. However, I don't have a Devo transmitter and the choices are confusing.
The miniCp is the most sim like micro I have ever flown. It is super solid no matter what orientation you put it in.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Anyone know if this is the smallest lipo alarm available? http://fpvhobby.com/149-1s-lipo-low-voltage-alarm.html 0.1grams is pretty light.
Here's more info from the link:

Dimensions : 4 x 8 x 2 mm

Weight : 0.1 gram.

Red color led will turn OFF when voltage between 3.3 - 4.3 Volts

Red color led will turn ON when voltage drops under 3.2 Volts.

I think most heli's will drop out of the sky before that LiPo "alarm" activates the microdot LED at 3.2V

Even if you where determined, and let the LiPO discharge on the ground to 3.2V just to watch the microdot LED light up, isn't 3.2V considered below the recommended LiPo LVC point? If so, that "alarm" may be more accurately described as a "you just ruined/shortened the life of your LiPo" indicator.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Are those 20C or 25C? The one's that Kopteri recommended are 25C, so cost a little more $$
I guess they are 20c they could be 25 not sure. I know that they fly just as good as my stock battery. I am running the genius motor though. I haven't tried using these batteries with the stock motor.

any news on the servo gears, where can I get those? anyone know?
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
I spoke to Bob at helircstore on the phone earlier today to inquire about a replacement rx. He said that he will be getting practically every part for the mini cp in next week and will be calling Walkera about including servo gears in the upcoming order.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:31 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I think they are tired of hearing me try to haggle so the leave me out of the loop I know I can be a pain when it comes to pricing on anything as I consider myself a power user/buyer so i want discounts all the time

If anyone was curious about the frame drill out it looks like my original assumption of the drill area was correct. I took apart my mini last night to give a servo back to the genius since the genius servo cord is longer ,then to give the good servo gears to my mini (priorities).

I took a picture without the motor on so you could see the drill out. I didnt think walkera was ever that sloppy with my previous frames..
On the next go around I think I will purchase the regular and drill if needed myself, though I admit I am quite picky on things like this even though it has no effect on function.

I still have yet to use the miniCP gear so on a personal level I cant say which is better yet.
That's incredibly sloppy, and I can't believe Wow has the audacity to call that a "Mini CP Pro". If I could have a do-over, I too think I would go for the regular Mini CP and drill it myself. This type of shoddy work doesn't bode well with my OCD tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
Redefining the micro helicopter- We have tested the Mini CP-PRO and rated it the world's #1 micro performer in 2012. Not the one Walkera is shipping now, probably the one in your hand, LOL. It is not too late, you can still upgrade it yourself or buy a new PRO version.

We managed to recreate the original remarkable flyer that Manuel Campos flown in this video. We used the Genius main gear with a slight frame modification and a higher output battery. This upgrade greatly increases torque and power over the stock version. We will also include the stock Mini main gear in the package in case you want to go back to mild sports flying.

We are posting these video links again for those who have not seen them. Watch the amazing Mini CP-PRO, demonstrated by world-class pilot Manuel Campos, which breaks the traditional micro CP barrier. These videos are based on the initial version, which is far superior over the current stock versions. These videos were completed when Walkera first shipped its PRO version in January 2012. Wow Hobbies has recreated this pro version and has made them available again. The current stock Mini CP Walkera which we also sell on our site is still a great micro, a bit less expensive but it will not perform as well as the PRO version in this video.

Outdoor video of the Mini CP-Pro, available exclusively at WowHobbies.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49JOxQDZmQk

Indoor video of the Mini CP-Pro, available exclusively at WowHobbies.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neit...5bFAAAAAAAAAAA

Which micro flies better than the Mini CP-PRO? It will take a modified upgraded brushless to even compare.

There has been discussion in the threads about the stock Mini CP which Walkera is shipping, not performing like the world's best ,IMO micro in the video above. We like to clarify that, it is because during the mass production run, Walkera had to change the gearing of the Mini CP to 9T to compliment the lower output stock batteries. The original design of the Mini CP was spectacular and now, Wow Hobbies has upgraded and recreated this version by re-gearing and upgrading the battery. The modification produces the extra torque needed for all-out 3D flight as shown on the videos. Our PRO package includes 2 gears and 2 batteries, one upgraded 240mAh, true 25C (measured, not what factory claims) with connectors installed in the USA and one Walkera stock 240mAh at true 20C (measured, not what factory claims). Both batteries have been tested and compared and the upgraded battery generates head speed at approximately 200rpm more than stock Walkera 240mAh battery. The upgraded battery also has twice the life cycle in comparison to the stock battery. Fly both batteries with the new gear we have installed for you and be your own judge of the difference in torque and head speed. All parts remain as Walkera stock so they are easy to obtain. Wow Hobbies has geared this heli precisely to match with the upgraded battery so you don't have to do any of the work. For those who are good in mod, hopefully this will help them save some money.

We call it the PRO version since it is not stock and flies way better.

Cheers,
Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
You see this Jonathan? Wow should take a long hard look at this quality of work before sending things like this out. We're already paying a premium buying domestically from Wow, so you'd think you'd take extra care and consideration to maintain your good reputation.

I paid BIG money for the Mini CP "Pro" / Devo 12S combo, and I definitely expect better quality of work than this.

That's just my 2 pennies though...

-Shane

ShaneXman is offline Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:25 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
lol.....did WOW do that professional cut job on the pinion hole and mount holes? Looks like it was done with a steak knife.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Don't expect an answer from Jonathan. He's seen the picture, I'm sure. I think it's way to embarassing for anyone at Wow to comment on that picture without offering a free frame replacement along with a 20$ refund. You think this is going to happen? Don't count your chickens...

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
lol.....did WOW do that professional cut job on the pinion hole and mount holes? Looks like it was done with a steak knife.
Really? Noway. I thought it may have been done with a bloody spoon!

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:29 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
@ShaneXman, it may just be the photo, but it looks like you need to press the gear on the main shaft until it "snaps" in...doesn't look like it's sitting flush in the photo.

See you've got a nice glue job on your power wires and coil. If you haven't already you might want to put a tiny dab on the end of the antenna wire. I saw somebody on helifreak burnt out his mini's rx because the antenna wire shorted on the power leads.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
The miniCp is the most sim like micro I have ever flown. It is super solid no matter what orientation you put it in.
Alright. I have a question I have been meaning to ask you.

My Mini CP's tail hold fabulously. I didn't touch the pot on the RX. My gain is set to 83%. Doing pitch pumps as hard as possible, the tail holds flawlessly. But here's my problem. When I fly inverted, pitch pumps with negative pitch have a whole other result. The tail blows right out, like 360 degrees and I crash 90% of the time.

You know when you flip the heli you have to bring the throttle stick down to add negative pitch so the heli will fly inverted. Well, when I flip it, if I use moderate negative pitch, it works fine; tail holds. But...BUT... if I happen to lower the throttle stick too far when flipping which adds more negative pitch, the heli goes crazy because the tail blows, as I said, up to 360 degrees. Result: CRASH.

In brief, why does my tail hold so much better if I fly upright but blows out so easily when I fly inverted? Inadequate pitch settings? At this point, I'm teaching myself to flip the heli with only moderate neg pitch in order for the tail not to blow out.

My Genius CP doesn't do that. It may flip slower a bit but when inverted the tail holds fine, even for inverted pitch pumps.

Thanks!
Chris
Site Sponsor