Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:14 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superglued View Post
I don't know who keybored is but I have asked mescalinedream for his help. To the other guy, I am not some college kid "drilling and tweeting at the same time." I imagine coil problem or the battery connector issue is quite common.
Hey bud, that wasnt directed towards you look at the picture above the post I made.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Geez... I drilled mine out myself and it looks 10 times better. Maybe I'll ad apicture later just to put these fools to shame. What the heck? That's not drilled out... That's butchered. Good lord gracious.

I have not been a big fan of Wow for quite some time but this is just the icing on the cake.

No effin way. You call it the Pro version so you can charge an extra 20 bucks for some modification that appears to have been done by an 8 year old. If you had any kind of integrity worth paying money for, you would just offer to drill the frame out free of charge in exchange for patronage. Period. You people are way too greedy, if you ask me.

Chris
Chris, You know this has been going on for years. One good thing is parts are in stock 99% of the time and shipping is fast. But they are just an extension of walkera's "keep chugging forward and never look back" mission statement. You have your wits about you and thats a good thing
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Anyhoo, before I had the mishap with the battery connector, I had a chance to try out the 400mah 20c linear current batteries that I bought: http://www.wowhobbies.com/battery-tr...cxfpandcp.aspx

They are a little heavier at 11.6g, but the heli lifted off without any problems and had plenty of power without bogging, even with pitch pumps.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by key bored View Post
Lol Chris, I meant if I ordered from China I don't mind waiting because I have knee surgery and won't be able to fly for some time especially since I crash more than I fly
Oh. I see. Like I said, I was confused. I thought you were telling him you didn't mind waiting to have your RX soldered. Totally lost in interpretation.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:28 PM
tdr
Joined Nov 2011
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipstar View Post
Hi all,
Since 2801Pro version of min CP are unlikely to be released, I transplanted GeniusCP to the frame of mini. However, in RX of G, it is not suitable for arrangement of the servos of miniCp, and only the linkage of a pitch servo has an irregular form.
This irregular linkage also flies satisfactorily...
Hi,

wouldn't it be possible to mount the Genius RX vertically? I tried to initialize my genius cp while holding it in a vertical position and it did initialize, so I figured it might work during flight as well (in 3 axis mode). Could you confirm whether it does or does not work?
tdr is offline Find More Posts by tdr
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Oct 2009
2,220 Posts
Christ on Fridays this thread is crazy.........
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I asked where do I get servo gears because hobbyone doesnt have them on their site anymore. HELP
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Apologies, I don't mean to cause issues; the timing of these posts was just bad.

Any word on when the replacement servo gears will make it stateside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Hey bud, that wasnt directed towards you look at the picture above the post I made.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
I asked where do I get servo gears because hobbyone doesnt have them on their site anymore. HELP
Helircstore.com is hoping to have them in this week.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I emailed them but havnt received an email. it is sunday though.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:15 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
Looks like a college kid was tweeting and drilling at the same time ...........LoL
Yeah it is an interesting drill job isnt it? I have to try to make the plastic look so cut up with my bits. Who knows maybe someone is in the back office using an antique hand crank drill with a homemade bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
That's incredibly sloppy, and I can't believe Wow has the audacity to call that a "Mini CP Pro". If I could have a do-over, I too think I would go for the regular Mini CP and drill it myself. This type of shoddy work doesn't bode well with my OCD tendencies.
I am curious to what yours looks llike without the motor in it as well. Upon first inspection i could only notice that around the pinion had plastic bits hanging off the frame around the pinion hole...which i thought was odd

I am not sure if all look like this after the motor is off or it is just mine.
I am a little more erked now after realizing I spent an extra $20 (unknown at the time as they only had a pro devo12 combo) for a gcp 3 dollar gear and a wonderful drill job that I can have my 5 year old son do...
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
To those having yaw drift issues: Have you tried adjusting both your tx-side gyro gain values and the gyro gain pot on the rx board?

I ask because I too encountered a tail drift when I first received my MCP and saw lots of posts about trim and remarkably few about the rx gyro gain pot. I too went some distance down the trim rabbit hole but upon stepping back the problem was quickly resolved by setting the tx gyro gain to 100% and then increasing the rx gyro gain pot a bit at a time until there was no tail drift. I then thought I might try continuing upwards to see if I could find a gain value that would cause the gyro to go nuts. I never hit one! (your MCP might, of course!)

I now run the rx pot at full (your MCP may need a lower value) and have three tx gyro gain settings assigned to my mix switch based initially on the values in the MCP manual and then subsequently adjusted. I run my max desired gyro gain when in mix switch position zero and only first notice a bit of yaw drift when the mix switch position two gyro gain value is so low that were I to set it any lower the heli will piro on its own. Position one is then set somewhere between the two.

Each MCP may well need a different rx gyro pot setting and different set of tx gain values to suit the heli and pilot preferences, but I dare say it is well worth looking into before messing too much with trim and program mix and such.
djjd42 is offline Find More Posts by djjd42
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
To those getting lots of bench time while learning 3D with their MCP (and/or other helis,) I keep seeing lots of posts about getting bench time, even a few folks getting disillusioned about the learning process due to all of the crashes and repairs and such, but rarely do I ever see sim time mentioned alongside bench time! Are folks just not mentioning their sim time or are they not getting any?

I ask not to point fingers or to claim any superiority, but simply as a new pilot who is trying to get daily time on both the sim and the real bird and finds himself wondering if his sim time will earn him less bench time once he does start flipping his MCP.
djjd42 is offline Find More Posts by djjd42
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:36 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,760 Posts
what i would like to see is somebody adapting the skids of the Mini to fit on the frame of the Genius...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:33 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djjd42 View Post
Each MCP may well need a different rx gyro pot setting and different set of tx gain values to suit the heli and pilot preferences, but I dare say it is well worth looking into before messing too much with trim and program mix and such.
I tried cranking up gyro gain on the tx to 100%, but didn't touch the pot on the rx as I didn't think it affected the rudder gyro...only the ail and ele gyros.

Thank you for reporting your results. I will try this after work.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher