Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:55 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
Chris,

I think that's a period at the end his sentence after "sr tail motor.", and then the next sentence starts with "5mm made a difference". So he is referencing your "few mm difference" comment with 5mm, and you thought he was saying .5mm.

Just observing (but I could be wrong)....

-Shane
You are right on with what i meant...I guess I Should have made it more obvious..sometimes I dont put enough gaps in my posts

A few mm along with more power to the tail due to the brushless conversion gave my tail the edge it needed. Stock it needed to much longer to give the same effect
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:15 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
I bet half of the parts that are labled bad in bins are perfectly fine, I know this because when i finally came around i had all these parts that i thought were bad but when i installed them right they worked just fine. Its a funny thing how that works. The main thing is to not give up no matter what
Although your entire post is completely valid I wanted to single out the last point.

This is so important yet many people dont realize that they only think they have it setup right so the parts must be to blame for flight performance issues. Like you I have been there and would swear up and down that everything was setup right..or so I thought.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
I have ordered some of the HK-5320. they seem to have the right plugs and size and are a lot cheaper. will post back if and how they work.

+1. i don't think the size should compromise quality. as for the devo, they should have put a cheaper conventional monochrome display on them and put that money in better software/hardware. If you can't do a good job, don't do it. it reminds me of the first windows touchscreen phones end of 20th century... (readymadeCF, see, not just the missing potis also the display and the software)

@readymadeCF: do you run your 9x with alternative firmware? I recommend er9x. If you use the stock 9x, I agree, its buggy and not very useful at all. er9x firmware transforms this transmitter into something truly awesome IMHO.
Well, I think Walkera has good bang for the buck....they aren't top of the line but for Micros they are awesome (not every model mind you) but where they lack for support they make up in innovation and listening to what the people actually want. I have no problem with that whatsoever. The Devo8 may not be exactly what you want from a transmitter but it definitely isn't junk. The Devo12 is REALLY nice and every bit as good as a similarly priced DX8 and is probably easier to program (i don't own one yet). I am NOT saying that they are the best thing out there but compared to the align micro, solopro, eflight, etc Walkera is just as good as any one of those. As far as the larger heli's walkera has most of them aren't terrible either but need upgrades to be great. But look at their prices too...they aren't aiming for greatness either.

Summary: for a budget minded flier Walkera is a good, if not great, option. Personally I am glad they are around and yes, i WILL be getting a Devo12. I think it is an awesome transmitter and it has a lot of features that I want.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
Any of you guys who are running a genius motor, I have a question. I run about 7min. With a 350mah battery. At the end of that run the motor is really hot. I then feelthat to.prolong the life of the motor that a break is needed until it's cool again. Do you just keep feeding batteries into a hot motor or wait til it cools?
I have that motor in mine heat kills. I try to let it cool down. In my GCP I burned up the stock motor in 2 weeks trying to act like it was my BL Genius. These motors get real hot quick I run about 4 min. I have all the batteries 2 different 350s, hyperion 240s, xtreme 240s. Seven min is a long time to fly for this brushed motor but good thing is it only cost $12. Seems like my mini flies better with GCP than the stock motor.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:38 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
@mulder I dont have the er9x but I have heard good things about it, I just dont use the 9x for anything other than my V911 anymore so I didnt bother.

I dont have any complaints about my 12s but ive raved about it time and time again so I wont =)

When I buy a Walkera I know im not getting a precision CNC and carbon and high end electronics, I go into it knowing its a $150 heli that is better than anything else in its size. Not saying it cant be done, just that its not.
I have not/will not buy a large WK though, much better options and thats the route I go.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:25 PM
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Dec 2002
416 Posts
Hay, I just ordered my minicp brushless with devo12s. I am wondering if I will regret waiting to get it to figure out what batteries I need. It comes with one and one "upgrade". I think that means one which will fail sooner, and one later. Here is the link to Hobby King li nano phosphate.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...8&LiPoConfig=1
does anyone know which one will fit the mini? connector compatible, weight, etc.?
jdowdle is offline Find More Posts by jdowdle
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,201 Posts
Hmmmmm

http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=1594
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
I just bought three 400 mah 20c linear current batteries from wow today. They fit fine, but are heavier at 11.6g. I will be charging them later and will report if they work well or not. The only issue I can see would be the weight, but we will see.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Goto rcecho.com and buy the 350mah 20c batteries for 14.90 for 5. I use them with the genius motor in my mini cp.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
What the hell is a devo 10? I want to read the manual. Looks like the devo 8 with two extra switches.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
What the hell is a devo 10? I want to read the manual. Looks like the devo 8 with two extra switches.
Actually it looks more like a Devo7 with a few more switches. If it had a readout like the 2801pro and more model memory it would be a winner in my book. Probably has neither though.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
860 Posts
Looks more like the devo 7 to me. My pinions are here, my c05m is here, my 350mah batteries are here, my Walkera connectors with pigtails are here, esc should be here anyday. C'mon mini... I'm looking forward to seeing just how difficult cp's are to fly. I taught myself to fly planes with a 3d foamie so I'm up for the challenge.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I meant to say devo 7 which i have which is why i thought it looked so similar.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, NC, Franklin
Joined Dec 2002
416 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. If you look here
http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeramin...li-pob-11.aspx
there is a discussion of battery c rating, which I gather reflects output impedance.
WOW is advocating a good 25 C battery. That is why they ship 2. It is supposed to effect life and performance. I was hoping to get same from Turnigy nanotech batteries.
Do I need to change the connector? Where do I get the connector?
jdowdle is offline Find More Posts by jdowdle
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
733 Posts
Redefining the micro helicopter

Redefining the micro helicopter- We have tested the Mini CP-PRO and rated it the world's #1 micro performer in 2012. Not the one Walkera is shipping now, probably the one in your hand, LOL. It is not too late, you can still upgrade it yourself or buy a new PRO version.

We managed to recreate the original remarkable flyer that Manuel Campos flown in this video. We used the Genius main gear with a slight frame modification and a higher output battery. This upgrade greatly increases torque and power over the stock version. We will also include the stock Mini main gear in the package in case you want to go back to mild sports flying.

We are posting these video links again for those who have not seen them. Watch the amazing Mini CP-PRO, demonstrated by world-class pilot Manuel Campos, which breaks the traditional micro CP barrier. These videos are based on the initial version, which is far superior over the current stock versions. These videos were completed when Walkera first shipped its PRO version in January 2012. Wow Hobbies has recreated this pro version and has made them available again. The current stock Mini CP Walkera which we also sell on our site is still a great micro, a bit less expensive but it will not perform as well as the PRO version in this video.

Outdoor video of the Mini CP-Pro, available exclusively at WowHobbies.com

Walkera Mini cp 3d flight available at www.Wowhobbies.com (1 min 56 sec)

Indoor video of the Mini CP-Pro, available exclusively at WowHobbies.com

Walkera Mini Cp indoor 3d flight (3 min 51 sec)

Which micro flies better than the Mini CP-PRO? It will take a modified upgraded brushless to even compare.

There has been discussion in the threads about the stock Mini CP which Walkera is shipping, not performing like the world's best ,IMO micro in the video above. We like to clarify that, it is because during the mass production run, Walkera had to change the gearing of the Mini CP to 9T to compliment the lower output stock batteries. The original design of the Mini CP was spectacular and now, Wow Hobbies has upgraded and recreated this version by re-gearing and upgrading the battery. The modification produces the extra torque needed for all-out 3D flight as shown on the videos. Our PRO package includes 2 gears and 2 batteries, one upgraded 240mAh, true 25C (measured, not what factory claims) with connectors installed in the USA and one Walkera stock 240mAh at true 20C (measured, not what factory claims). Both batteries have been tested and compared and the upgraded battery generates head speed at approximately 200rpm more than stock Walkera 240mAh battery. The upgraded battery also has twice the life cycle in comparison to the stock battery. Fly both batteries with the new gear we have installed for you and be your own judge of the difference in torque and head speed. All parts remain as Walkera stock so they are easy to obtain. Wow Hobbies has geared this heli precisely to match with the upgraded battery so you don't have to do any of the work. For those who are good in mod, hopefully this will help them save some money.

We call it the PRO version since it is not stock and flies way better.

Cheers,
Jonathan
www.WowHobbies.com
wowhobbies is offline Find More Posts by wowhobbies
Last edited by wowhobbies; Feb 25, 2012 at 07:53 PM.