SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:26 AM
Kopteri2010
Joined Feb 2011
112 Posts
MiniCP + BL + video cam.- 2,4GHz transmitter

Here is a fast test vid.

Walkera MiniCP + FPV mini cam. - 2.4GHz tansmitter (1 min 29 sec)
Kopteri2010 is offline Find More Posts by Kopteri2010
Last edited by Kopteri2010; Feb 25, 2012 at 05:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined Mar 2010
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Polac View Post
I made one here you go
Attachment 4659848
Thanks Proud Polac,saved me some time.
MODASL is offline Find More Posts by MODASL
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I started to have a little tail drift also but I found my tail boom had come out of the fuse a mm or 2. I crashed hard one day and the boom was loose. I noticed the end frayed where it's inserted into the fuse. I used white gorilla glue on it. Now after a slight crash the boom comes out a 1/2 mm. I wish I would have measured the boom from the fuse to the tail. Not sure how far the boom should be pushed in.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,867 Posts
It doesn't matter much how far in the tail boom is pushed in as long as it's tight enough in the frame. A few mm difference will have no impact on flight performance.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Here are a few things I have done to the mini. First was sanded the inner canopy until the paint came off. I then sprayed it with flourescent orange cement marker spray(its all I have and its kinda chalky feeling). The red receiver light makes the orange glow like a pumpkin! very nice to see in the dark.
Next I cut above the rubber grommets on the canopy to look like a sharp vampire tooth? To gorilla glue(dries white kind, love the stuff, canopy cracks hold forever with this stuff) the little vampire teeth behind where the canopy fits onto the lower landing gear. The canopy stays on tight now. ADDED another pic of a bad gash on the blade. No balancing issues at all!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:38 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
got my MCP today from banggood....

there is no receiver in the box but banggood clearly state that the package contains one, so I gonna drop them a message and expect them to send one.

hovered it a bit indoors, the blades had some minor contact and a servo broke during the first flight.... really??? its like the gears are made from butter

luckily I could turn the deffective gear a few degree and it kinda works again, even though it clicks a bit but seems to work. I did the servo saver mod on that servo but am not happy with it, every slight ground contact and you have to move it back into position, a bit annoying and I won't be doing this mod an the other 2 servos, I guess I have to stock some gear sets. Walkera needs to release metal gears!

put in the C05 BL, could fly 3 batteries but then it started to behave weird, motor had trouble and it was as if all batteries were empty, the LED on the brushed to BL board is flickering... had to convert back to stock motor.

while figuring out what was wrong one of the screws that hold the blades just fell out into the grass and was never seen since ... wow... luckily that did not happen during flight. the screw was definitly fully screwed in, the thread is gone, i never touched it. have to use proper screws with nuts on both blades now. oh, and the front of the skid broke of too and is lost.

am not happy with the devo 8s. it has no potis?! so no inflight gain control. a radio at this price should have some potis IMO. the display is of low quality, the contrast is so bad that even indoors you have to look twice to read some things. the touch screen is not one of these current generation capacitive once... not impressed. a couple of the menu items have text that is too long and hence you can't see the full text in the menu... what a lousy thing. the timer can only be activated using a switch, not by the throttle stick. the font size of the timer is too small, you can't read this during a flight, especially not outdoors. I would definately not use this radio in any other model unless its a walkera product, my turnigy 9x is magnitudes better then this junk radio. I wish I had gone for the devo 7, honestly.

all in all not impressed with the whole set. OK, the heli flies nice and stable out of the box but thats about it. would not buy it again, actually thinking about selling it.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,867 Posts
Rough start, there Mulder... Sorry to hear. Wonder why the seller would short you on the RX. That's bad business.

I have to agree with you about some things you say regarding the Devo 8. The touch screen is a pain. It barely works with fingers so I have to always use the Stylus if I don't want to push so hard on the screen with my finger. It's a pain to have to take out the stylus just to start the bloody timer. It's that or tapping on it with my finger repeatedly until it finally responds.

As for the display, it's not bright enough by any means. I can't see a thing in the sun, especially when the numbers turn red as you increase or decrease percentages for some settings. I find myself walking into the house just to reduce travel adjust on the TX because I can't farking see it in broad outdoor daylight.

As for the durability of the heli, well, I am rather inexperienced so I don't have much to compare it with. All I can say it that I'm learning 3D now and there isn't a single day of flying this heli that doesn't end up on the bench with repairs needed. In fact, I had a horrible day today. I broke the Mini CP, the Genius CP and the V120D02s all in one flying session. I left home with 3 tip top helis and came home 2 hours later with 3 broken helis. I was in the air for about one hour and I spent 2 hours repairing when I got home. It's brutal.

I was actually feeling a bit down about all this today... I'm trying to learn 3D and I can do inverted stuff now but it costs me so much in repairs, it's discouraging. I thought about selling all my walkeras today to buy myself a big Align heli and only stick to sports flying. I rarely crash when sports flying nowadays so if I decide to leave 3D alone, I should get something that can really go FAST for sports flying.... Just a thought I had...

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:38 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,594 Posts
I'm starting to like the mini cp with stock motor seems like it didn't have a lot power, but once I switched to GCP motor & main gear everything was fine it flies great now. The stock motor stucks all the juice out of the battery quick. Now can get more 4+ minutes sport flying. Helircstore gave me a Double brushless kit with my first of order so I'll probably try BL motor in my GCP maybe the tail also an see want happens. It hard I have too many helis plus I only fly on weekends now. The v200D03 has been taking up all my time.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
I started to have a little tail drift also but I found my tail boom had come out of the fuse a mm or 2. I crashed hard one day and the boom was loose. I noticed the end frayed where it's inserted into the fuse. I used white gorilla glue on it. Now after a slight crash the boom comes out a 1/2 mm. I wish I would have measured the boom from the fuse to the tail. Not sure how far the boom should be pushed in.
1-2mm I am not sure if it would matter but a few more mm or being loose or cracked definitely can. I think these tail issues you guys have is setup. We use to trick Walkera radios to maximize trim one direction by turning on the radio with th etrim all the way left or right. The gyros use to loose functionality as the battery power went down but this doesnt happen anymore.

With these new helis you shouldnt have to manipulate the radio into thinking center isnt center. I still think tail drift it is a bent tail rotor, low gain, uneven when bound/unlevel rx or maybe too short of tail boom stock. I would not be suprised if some walkera stock booms are shorter than others. A shorter boom decreases performance and longer increases tail power
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
It doesn't matter much how far in the tail boom is pushed in as long as it's tight enough in the frame. A few mm difference will have no impact on flight performance.

Chris
Tell that to the mcpx guys, it isnt out of the question for it to mess with tail hold We had no adjustable gain so the only choice was boom extension, dual or sr tail motor. 5mm made a difference when i was brushless but not stock...though brushless is less powerful than the stock miniCP. Motor tail boom length has similar effect to mechanically setting up a vp tail
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Feb 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
went out a second time, this time with stock motor. behaved better, there is something wrong with the BL ESC i think. bad news is i broke another servo...

@WALKERA: release a metal gear servo set! have a PWM port to use box std. brushless ESCs! make your receivers compatible to FlySky protocol!
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:51 AM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,594 Posts
I bought some CF tail boom stock from rcfoam just in case since TB are on hot item list in parts for this heli. I crack mine in the same spot cut off frayed an push back in until it starts to be to bad.
vronny is offline Find More Posts by vronny
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:57 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
As for the durability of the heli, well, I am rather inexperienced so I don't have much to compare it with. All I can say it that I'm learning 3D now and there isn't a single day of flying this heli that doesn't end up on the bench with repairs needed. In fact, I had a horrible day today. I broke the Mini CP, the Genius CP and the V120D02s all in one flying session. I left home with 3 tip top helis and came home 2 hours later with 3 broken helis. I was in the air for about one hour and I spent 2 hours repairing when I got home. It's brutal.

I was actually feeling a bit down about all this today... I'm trying to learn 3D and I can do inverted stuff now but it costs me so much in repairs, it's discouraging. I thought about selling all my walkeras today to buy myself a big Align heli and only stick to sports flying. I rarely crash when sports flying nowadays so if I decide to leave 3D alone, I should get something that can really go FAST for sports flying.... Just a thought I had...

Chris
I have definitely been there...more heli's down than that It does suck to go from a good flying hangar to the opposite in a few batteries. But at least all 3 are usually cheaper to get back up in the air than one bad 450 or above crash

Maybe loosen the main shaft collar a little so it slips when you smack? It helps me as still crash often and since i havent ruined any more gears. I turn the 120 collar a little sideways so i tighten the screw on the part of the shaft without a notch. Also hitting throttle hold the second you feel it going at all and not waiting until a second before crash. I will often hit thold whil 5 feet up and inverted and it will fall down pretty gently
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:06 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:

Chris
As you know, I am having a horrible patch right now as well. I had 3 V120D02S receivers damaged within a 10 day period, along with a number of servos and an ESC. The last crash ended with the heli completely covered with sludge in a ditch.

However once you started flying 3D, you will not want to fly sports circuits again. I flew over 500 flights with my 250 and got so bored that I had to end the sessions after a few flights.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Wow, the first negative post about the mini. I never thought that would happen. I love this little mini with genius motor installed. I have crashed so many times and have yet to break something serious. The canopy got some cracks, tip of the boom got cracked and frayed. That's it. I have no dungeon at all and my tail holds perfect. When the tail didn't hold was because it had worked itself out of the fuse.

This heli. is Not indestructible! I was crashing 3-6 times per flight. I am not using the servo saver mod either cause I lost a screw(it didn't come off in flight either). The only adjustment so far is the main shaft collar will come up a little from crashing. The other was The feathering screws were a bit loose from crashing. Not bad. I bought mine with devoted 7 and I like it. My best radio to date is a dx6. So this dx7 is nice.

Since having the mini I have learned more in two days then a whole summer of flying my 450 . I am not scared of crashing with the mini, and that helps more then anything..I say calm down a bit, sounds like you are thrashing the mini like a madman.