HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:13 PM
bclong211
USA, SC, Columbia
Joined Jan 2007
71 Posts
Where did you find it for that price?



Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Yeah you can set two for the 12...has slightly different firmware than the 8 and 6.

I went ahead and bit the bullet for MCP...since selling the Genius I miss having a really small indoor CP and since I am rocking the 12s now I need as many helis for it as possible =P

Next step is to install the D02S RXs into my NE 180s so I can use my 12 with those too and dump the junk J6.
After that my list for models in use by my 12 will be the 450 pro, v120d02s, mini cp, v200DQ01, 2x Solo Pro 180...now to get some free time from work so I can actually fly them.

The Devo 12s is honestly close to the best $370 ive spent in RC so far...cant express how awesome this radio is for the price amd the fact you get a nice alum case AND 12ch rx for under 400 shipped is ridic.
bclong211 is offline Find More Posts by bclong211
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Devo 8 for sale.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 08:34 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
HeliFlyer711's Avatar
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
we should contact walkera and ask what are they packing in the boxes..i would not doubt some are taking stuff out and selling them individually. i think distributors already make huge profits from us on these helicopters. they cost us $150-$170 but i bet they're $25-$40 (maybe even less?) to make in china.
Walkera is really pushing the devo radios now on us, and a good way to get people motivated is to include this 801 8ch RX so people will use them in thier larger helis and planes. Its the cheapest full range RX they sell at ~30-40 bucks each. There were a few ad's from China retailers that always had the RX-801 included with the MiniCP, but it seems like maybe the first batch didnt have them and there was a lot of price differences in RTF packages. Prices are going down also lately on the devo radios.

Walkera is famous for doing this stuff, and they just keep on chugging ahead never looking back. Thats why its always good to wait until the dust settles with them IMHO.
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:43 PM
Registered User
superglued's Avatar
United States, CA, Cerritos
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
Now that I've got batteries coming, I'm just starting to dial in the settings on my mcp. Like others, I'm getting a slow ccw tail drift. My trim is already at +52 to clockwise and I still get very slight drift. Is anybody else having to crank up their trim to take care of the ccw drift? Any other remedies? I'm using a devo 6s.
superglued is offline Find More Posts by superglued
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:53 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Nov 2011
28 Posts
+1
I'm having the same problem. I'm starting to think I need to start playing with gyro gain. Hope someone who knows what their doing chimes in.
Gryffandor is offline Find More Posts by Gryffandor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:05 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Trim...no Gyro gain yes. I use no trim at all and it shouldnt be needed/used with a 3 axis gyro. If it starts drifting it usually would be gyro gain is too low, bent tail rotor or it was bound when not level.

I would suggest going to the gain menu and turning the gyro gain up. I have my gain around 90
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:46 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superglued View Post
Like others, I'm getting a slow ccw tail drift. My trim is already at +52 to clockwise and I still get very slight drift. Is anybody else having to crank up their trim to take care of the ccw drift? Any other remedies? I'm using a devo 6s.
Quote:
+1
I'm having the same problem. I'm starting to think I need to start playing with gyro gain. Hope someone who knows what their doing chimes in.
I have had this problem on both my Genius and my Mini CP. I started a thread to explain how I fixed it. Please give it a try and report back to tell us if it's working for you guys. Here's the thread where I explain in details how to fix this. It's easy. Takes 3 minutes. No mods required. Just trick the TX. Actually, I think it's more akin to calibrating the rudder trims.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1601214

Hope this helps.

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2008
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I have had this problem on both my Genius and my Mini CP. I started a thread to explain how I fixed it. Please give it a try and report back to tell us if it's working for you guys. Here's the thread where I explain in details how to fix this. It's easy. Takes 3 minutes. No mods required. Just trick the TX. Actually, I think it's more akin to calibrating the rudder trims.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1601214

Hope this helps.

Chris

Is this a permanent fix or done before every flight?
PeteAir is offline Find More Posts by PeteAir
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:29 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAir View Post
Is this a permanent fix or done before every flight?
It lasts for about ten flights for me and then I have to calibrate the rudder again. Basically, using flight trims I manage to eliminate the tail drift but I do need a bit more trim every flight. Eventually, I just recalibrate the trims. It only takes a minute or two to do, so I think that's OK with me. Much better than putting up with a constant drift.

This also works with ailerons and elevator trims, by the way. I recommend doing this to both the ailerons and elevator trims after leveling the swash manually if your heli has ailerons or elevator drifting problems. In other words, if the heli drifts forward, backward, left or right. Level the swash, calibrate the trims the same way and problem solved. It works well for me so I'm looking forward to see if this is just me or if it works for other people, too. Please report if you try it.

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:37 PM
Registered User
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
It lasts for about ten flights for me and then I have to calibrate the rudder again.
Oh man, I was really excited until I read that. I just went through the whole process (not fun for me) and don't think I could do that every ten flights. However, I was very surprised to see it holding dead on, absolutely NO DRIFT. I'm going to see how long it lasts, but if it "wears off" then I'm going back to the program mix as it's set and forget.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=516
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:41 PM
Kopteri2010
Joined Feb 2011
112 Posts
MiniCP + BL + video cam.- 2,4GHz transmitter

Hi...

I made a test with cam.- tx combo assembled into the MiniCP and it worked fine.
The flight weight is 50,5g and if I take all connectors and extra cabel off it will go down maby 3-5g.
There is no side waves in the picture and M-CP is so stabile that you are not having headache watching the vid...
The cam. receiver is connected into my laptop via USB port and I can record the whole fligt. But the main idea is to use eye goggles with 2,4GHz receiver and try to fly through them.

Eki

Here is few pictures of the combo...
Kopteri2010 is offline Find More Posts by Kopteri2010
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:53 PM
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
ShaneXman's Avatar
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopteri2010 View Post
Hi...

I made a test with cam.- tx combo assembled into the MiniCP and it worked fine.
The flight weight is 50,5g and if I take all connectors and extra cabel off it will go down maby 3-5g.
There is no side waves in the picture and M-CP is so stabile that you are not having headache watching the vid...
The cam. receiver is connected into my laptop via USB port and I can record the whole fligt. But the main idea is to use eye goggles with 2,4GHz receiver and try to fly through them.

Eki

Here is few pictures of the combo...
Eki,

That's pretty cool! Where's the video?

Post it up, I'd love to see it (as I'm sure others would as well).


-Shane
ShaneXman is offline Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:54 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Oh man, I was really excited until I read that. I just went through the whole process (not fun for me) and don't think I could do that every ten flights. However, I was very surprised to see it holding dead on, absolutely NO DRIFT. I'm going to see how long it lasts, but if it "wears off" then I'm going back to the program mix as it's set and forget.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=516
Program mix never worked well for me so I can't vouch for that, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. I'm also under the impression that even if you're using program mix, calibrating the rudder trim once in a while can't be a bad idea. I recommend doing the bind/move trims/unplug cycle 4-5 times, but I think it works well if you do this 4-5 times the FIRST time. After that, doing it twice is enough.

Me? I have no issues with doing this every ten flights or so. Mind you, 10 flights is just a rough guess. I think this might work for well over ten flights.

Listen... It's working for you for now, who knows how long it will keep working. Glad you're trying it and it did fix the drift, for now, and I hope more pilots can try it so that we can get a better idea of how well it works and what the limitations of this fix are.

Happy Flying!

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:26 AM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,873 Posts
who is going to be the first to convert a Genius to a Minicp now that the parts are available here in the states? Kind of interested to see how it pans out...
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:27 AM
Registered User
i812's Avatar
Joined Aug 2009
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneXman View Post
Eki,

That's pretty cool! Where's the video?

Post it up, I'd love to see it (as I'm sure others would as well).


-Shane
+1

Others in different threads have posted having problems trying to transmit video info over 2.4 Ghz because of "crosstalk" interference/noise when mounted on 2.4 GHz Helis.

All the successful wireless video transmissions I've seen so far on 2.4 GHz helis were made from video transmitters not operating on 2.4 Ghz.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:05 AM
Registered User
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Pitch Pumpin' Mini cp w/ Servo Savers

Made a short video showing my servo savers holding during pitch pumps. Hopefully will be showing some 3d soon


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSewZnqiTQ=em

p.s. Was thinking about putting the xtreme spin 14,000kv outrunner back in for the video, but last time I crashed that setup I bent a feathering shaft....so, stock lipo w/ stock motor.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter :Genius CP!! DLY Micro Helis 9818 Sep 25, 2014 08:39 PM
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 14 Apr 15, 2014 12:24 PM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 11:38 AM
For Sale Walkera 52 CP 3S MICRO heli(smaller than a Gaui)$75 DELIVERED Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2009 07:38 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM