Go get it bob lol I wan to see your review too and mods as well haha
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
BNF for the 2801,, Where do I order it them..
There. I fixed that for ya.

Me? I just sent my brand new RX (Genius CP)to Benmlee today. I melted the life out of it. BRAND NEW. It has about 12 flights. Maybe he'll manage to fix it. That said, I wanted to buy another BNF GCP, but I think I'll wait for the mini CP to come out BNF. I'm off to Thailand with my better half the day after tomorrow and in a few weeks when we get back, I hope this one will be available. I'm actually hoping to be able to order it before I come back so that it will be here waiting for me when I come home.

The more I look at this one, the more I think it's awesome. Being able to just swap landing gear when I crash is, alone, worth paying for. That's what always breaks on my GCP. Nothing else breaks except tail parts. Not to mention having to unplug everything to swap over to a new frame. The connectors and soldering points on the RX take a beating. And then they don't provide spare RX foams with new frames. You can unscrew the CF plate and swap the RX that way but it's still a pain, especially if running a brushless motor+esc. Putting on a new set of skids without touching anything else sounds fantastic.

I'm sure Walkera will come up with something better soon. I don't care. I'm sold. 9imod lists it on their website as "call for price." They do not stock it yet, I called, but I think they will have it very soon. I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see first reports of this heli being on sale.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:43 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post

Me? I just sent my brand new RX (Genius CP)to Benmlee today. I melted the life out of it. BRAND NEW. It has about 12 flights. Maybe he'll manage to fix it. That said, I wanted to buy another BNF GCP, but I think I'll wait for the mini CP to come out BNF. I'm off to Thailand with my better half the day after tomorrow and in a few weeks when we get back, I hope this one will be available. I'm actually hoping to be able to order it before I come back so that it will be here waiting for me when I come home.

The more I look at this one, the more I think it's awesome. Being able to just swap landing gear when I crash is, alone, worth paying for. That's what always breaks on my GCP. Nothing else breaks except tail parts. Not to mention having to unplug everything to swap over to a new frame. The connectors and soldering points on the RX take a beating. And then they don't provide spare RX foams with new frames. You can unscrew the CF plate and swap the RX that way but it's still a pain, especially if running a brushless motor+esc. Putting on a new set of skids without touching anything else sounds fantastic.

I'm sure Walkera will come up with something better soon. I don't care. I'm sold. 9imod lists it on their website as "call for price." They do not stock it yet, I called, but I think they will have it very soon. I'll keep my eyes on this thread to see first reports of this heli being on sale.

Best,
Chris
You need to order some of that BLACK hot glue I'm now using and prefix the skids, then you can do those hard touch and go landing like I do with no worries about breaking the skids..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:54 AM
Deutschland, SL
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
The manual says: "Take of the canopy, and install the battery in the battery compartment" and some pages later: "take of the canopy and remove the battery pack"

uhm, for real? sounds annoying
Ilasor is offline Find More Posts by Ilasor
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,149 Posts
This heli is now basically a MCPx with rotary servos.

I have to agree with TomZ: the design of the MCPx is superior to the Genius although its performance is not.

I can't stand the combined frame and skids of the Genius anymore. I wonder if the head, swashplate, main shaft and gear is the same as the Genius. Can you just move those across to the new frame and perhaps use the existing Genius receiver as well? I would prefer to do this rather than to mess around with a brushless conversion for the Genius.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilasor View Post
The manual says: "Take of the canopy, and install the battery in the battery compartment" and some pages later: "take of the canopy and remove the battery pack"

uhm, for real? sounds annoying
Walkera use to always tell us this even if you didn't have to.. I think they often just copy and paste the manuals from one heli to the next..

But even if on this one you have to I'll just switch to a Velcro mounting system..

But from looking at the pictures looks like it just slides in from the back..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jan 13, 2012, 01:36 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The official specs are now out on Walkera's site

http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=MiniCP

This heli will be compatible with the Devo 6,7,8, and 12 in addition to the 8S. There will also be a BNF version available for the 2801 pro. One of the most important new features is that the firmware of the receiver can be upgraded through the Internet. Perhaps we are now getting close to the day when we have a full blown FBL system like the BeastX and 3GX in a micro heli.

What started as a little money sucker with the Genius is about to turn into a gigantic vacuum cleaner for your money!
Yes the updatability of the Rx is a real step forward - no more oh $%it the rx needs to be replaced to latest edition at $80 a pop - but yes it could well turn into a money pit going back to the can motors - 10 motors per 200 flights + $80 a pop if it takes the rx with it - in the old days when we used to have these problems the Rx was $35

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
This heli will be compatible with the Devo 6,7,8, and 12 in addition to the 8S. There will also be a BNF version available for the 2801 pro. One of the most important new features is that the firmware of the receiver can be upgraded through the Internet. Perhaps we are now getting close to the day when we have a full blown FBL system like the BeastX and 3GX in a micro heli.

What started as a little money sucker with the Genius is about to turn into a gigantic vacuum cleaner for your money!
Not to sound negative or anything but FBL systems are already small(IE: Walkeras). The reason Beastx, VBar, 3GX, CYG and all the other FBL systems are not as small as walkeras is because they don't need to be.

If some main brand USA/German/ETC.. Company makes a 100 size heli im sure they will come out with a FBL system for it. But until then they have a reason to make one that small and wont.
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:12 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,535 Posts
Ehirobo is taking preorders for mini cp & Devo8S $389, BNF devo version $162, an with the Devil 7 $229 or $249 can't remember which price.
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Jan 13, 2012, 03:43 PM
Making Stock Fly Like Modified
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Oct 2009
2,221 Posts
The 8S sounds like a winner, I will wait to see where the chips fall on this table. The next thing would be a 120 size heli with an update-able RX and telemetry for the latest firmware and hopefully a firmware management application for Winblows/OSX thats worth using . Would be nice if they let us tweek settings there too, I think this is where they were heading all along just needed some of us to finance it. Got to love it
HeliFlyer711 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer711
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:17 PM
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
The 8S sounds like a winner, I will wait to see where the chips fall on this table. The next thing would be a 120 size heli with an update-able RX and telemetry for the latest firmware and hopefully a firmware management application for Winblows/OSX thats worth using . Would be nice if they let us tweek settings there too, I think this is where they were heading all along just needed some of us to finance it. Got to love it
Interesting point the new Rx has no pots to adjust I wonder if the settings can be adjusted remotely

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2011
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post

Best,
Chris
Have a nice holiday chris
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
2801 BNF. Score!
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Any ideas when Mini CP will be avaliable for ordering ?

It will join the fleet asap, and fly circles around 911's and 9958's
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Apr 2002
398 Posts
I think that it's indeed a testiment to Walkera these days that you see all the recent micro helicopters they sell always being one of the top few posting subjects on the forum... V120D02S, Genius CP..mini CP. I also see it bringing in many new flyers and converting previous Walkera non-believers.

They must be going in the right direction and making many of their customers happy with the performance/features of the helicopters and TXs. Most seem to have more positives about it compared to some other models in brands like eFlite which is such a turn around just 1-2years ago...

I am also looking forward to this mini CP when I return from a upcoming trip soon.
butter_fingers is offline Find More Posts by butter_fingers
Last edited by butter_fingers; Jan 13, 2012 at 05:35 PM.