Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:52 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,982 Posts
It sounds like you may be misunderstanding what I was trying to convey in my prior Servo Binding posts.

I'm not stating any Servos are able to bind from using 100% EL and/or AIL stick movement. I'm stating the Servos are able to bind from 100% Pitch stick movement.

The worst case Servo binding would occur at 100% Pitch with 100% EL and 100% AIL stick positions; however it is the 100% Pitch that contributes most of the binding. In other words: 100% EL and/or AIL stick movement at 0% Pitch will NOT cause any binding; whereas not much more than 60% Pitch stick movement WILL cause Servo binding even if both the EL and AIL sticks are at 0%

Edit:

I haven't made any measurements, but it appears that for the Mini:

+/- 60% maximum Pitch curve movement = +/- 11* "collective" Blade "pitch" movement
+/- 100% maximum EL and AIL movement = +/- 6* "cyclic" Blade "pitch" movement

From what I've read, the above * (degree) "collective" (i.e. Pitch) and "cyclic" (EL and AIL) movements are typical for ALL RC heli's. Even if a heli is capable of more "collective" (Pitch) and/or "cyclic" (EL and AIL) movements, most people would choose to limit their heli's movements to the "standard" movements, mainly so they get the same "feel" of stick movement associated with a same change in flight performance no matter which heli they fly.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Feb 15, 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added Edit
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:45 PM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
So, im having some issues with my mini, It keeps pulling of to the right. Very noticeable if you try to hover it as the longer you avoid giving it aileron input the more it tilts to the right.

Now, my first suspicion on this was the swash, but that isnt the case. Even with the swash tilted to the left it eventually ends up drifting to the right. Only difference is on how it acts on takeof.

Could this be some bug in the 1.3 firmware or is it the gyro thats messed up? i only have very minor vibrations with the brushed setup.
Quote:
Update, its definitely not vibrations. With the main/tail motors disconnected the swash still slowly but constantly tilts to the right, even happens when i hold it tilted. Its as if the rx is constantly getting a aileron right signal when its receiving a throttle signal.

This is very strange and i even tried using a completely new model slot on my 7e with the same issue.
Quote:
Yup, but seems i got rid of it by downgrading from 1.3 to 1.1 and resetting all models on my devo 7e.
I'm experiencing that same problem with firmware V1.3: the heli drifts to the right and it takes a considerable amount of left aileron trim to counteract. It wouldn't be such a big deal if this was a one time fix, but every time I plug in a battery I have to redo the trim because it seems that they programmed an offset in the firmware. This didn't happen with V1.1 and I haven't changed any settings in the transmitter or in the heli.

Another problem with V1.3 is that the UP02 update software reports "Mini CP V1.1 found" when I connect to the Rx, although I'm pretty sure that the update was successful given the pronounced drift to the right that I didn't have with V1.1. It seems that they forgot to change the ID string of the firmware from V1.1 to V1.3.

A good thing with V1.3 is that the tail seems to hold better than with V1.1.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Last edited by 3Dmuse; Feb 20, 2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:42 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post
I'm experiencing that same problem with firmware V1.3: the heli drifts to the right and it takes a considerable amount of left aileron trim to counteract. It wouldn't be such a big deal if this was a one time fix, but every time I plug in a battery I have to redo the trim because it seems that they programmed an offset in the firmware. This didn't happen with V1.1 and I haven't changed any settings in the transmitter or in the heli.

Another problem with V1.3 is that the UP02 update software reports "Mini CP V1.1 found" when I connect to the Rx, although I'm pretty sure that the update was successful given the pronounced drift to the right that I didn't have with V1.1. It seems that they forgot to change the ID string of the firmware from V1.1 to V1.3.

A good thing with V1.3 is that the tail seems to hold better than with V1.1.
Software has been noticed by me & others after update it still says V1.1. Go back to V1.1 & let us know if left drift goes away. I updated a friends ladybird & notice it had back & left drift, but I only flew it for a brief second to see if it was repaired with original firmware so not for sure if it had drift before update.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:25 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2009
449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Survivor View Post
Software has been noticed by me & others after update it still says V1.1. Go back to V1.1 & let us know if left drift goes away. I updated a friends ladybird & notice it had back & left drift, but I only flew it for a brief second to see if it was repaired with original firmware so not for sure if it had drift before update.
Right drift doesn't happen with V1.1. It does happen with V1.3. Without doing any changes to the heli or to the settings in the transmitter, I switched back and forth between V1.1 and V1.3 a few times already. I'm pretty sure it's something about V1.3.
3Dmuse is offline Find More Posts by 3Dmuse
Last edited by 3Dmuse; Feb 21, 2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:57 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post
Right drift doesn't happen with V1.1. It does happen with V1.3. Without doing any changes to the heli or to the settings in the transmitter, I switched back and forth between V1.1 and V1.3 a few times already. I'm pretty sure it's something about V1.3.
It's good Walkera has V1.1 on there site so you could go back. Wish they had original version for the V120D02S I could try & see if it would correct left drift & back drift. Been awhile back so I can't remember if original had same issue but I think it did. Maybe better if they came out with even a newer version for the V120D02S, but it doesn't really matter I set it a side & just fly my V1 V120's now anyway.
Crash Survivor is offline Find More Posts by Crash Survivor
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:05 PM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
218 Posts
I have a problem with my Mini. I use the Genius coreless motor and I was getting 4 minutes of flight time. The last two days I’m getting only 1,5 minute of flight time. I assumed that this was due to bad wires so I replaced them with a 26 AWG cable but the problem remains.
Any idea on what causes this power loss and those short flight times? Is the 26 AWG cable sufficient for the Amps that Mini consumes?

PS. I forgot to mention that the coreless motor has about 50 flights.
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:13 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Posted in another mini CP thread, but this one seems to be the one every ones using, so ill repost here:

hi all. Received my mini CP the other week. Been flying it around doing circuits etc...

One thing I noticed, and I cant remember if my honeybee king 2 does it, when I make a right turn circuit, the heli banks right and turns nicely and keeps good forward speed. When I make a left circuit, the heli stays very level, it wont bank into the turn and always comes to a hover. This is when making slow circuits indoors.

Im guessing this is normal?
Rodders is offline Find More Posts by Rodders
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:57 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter_new View Post
I have a problem with my Mini. I use the Genius coreless motor and I was getting 4 minutes of flight time. The last two days Iím getting only 1,5 minute of flight time. I assumed that this was due to bad wires so I replaced them with a 26 AWG cable but the problem remains.
Any idea on what causes this power loss and those short flight times? Is the 26 AWG cable sufficient for the Amps that Mini consumes?

PS. I forgot to mention that the coreless motor has about 50 flights.
Try using some plastic safe oil like triflo on the main bearings and the swash bearing. These need a little oil, usually about every 20 flights. Make sure your pinion has correct clearance as the motor may has shifted. It needs to be completely friction free with no sign of gear clogging. T
The coreless motor is great when you have zero friction, but will drastically lose flight time if friction is present as it does not have the same torque as the core motor.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:03 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
Posted in another mini CP thread, but this one seems to be the one every ones using, so ill repost here:

hi all. Received my mini CP the other week. Been flying it around doing circuits etc...

One thing I noticed, and I cant remember if my honeybee king 2 does it, when I make a right turn circuit, the heli banks right and turns nicely and keeps good forward speed. When I make a left circuit, the heli stays very level, it wont bank into the turn and always comes to a hover. This is when making slow circuits indoors.

Im guessing this is normal?
Yes, it is normal. Clockwise rotor rotation produces dynamics that make right turn more natural and require less cyclic input than left turns. There are many sites than explain this phenominum much better than I can.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:12 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,146 Posts
Friction might be my problem too then. I had 2 helis that I needed to replace the main frame on a v922 and one of my minis. After I noticed that even with new batteries if would only flight a minute and a half or so. I will go and back the motors off a little. Both seemed what I thought was a little sloppy in the pinion to main gear mesh, so I made them just a wee bit tighter when putting them back together.
I have q question regarding a mini. I bought 2 minis and devo8s from a guy on this site. Both helis and the Tx work great. I did some work on them both, one was main frame replacement and tail boom the other was just a servo. One of the 2 will no longer bind with Tx. when I got them I used the fixed id because it's quicker to bind but I have turned the id fix function in the tx off and have done the unbind procredure to both but one will no longer bind. I have a genius and 2 minis the other 2 bind to either my 8s or my 10 but theone wont bind to anything.
I am lost on this one, any help?
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Feb 24, 2013, 09:47 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
Yes, it is normal. Clockwise rotor rotation produces dynamics that make right turn more natural and require less cyclic input than left turns. There are many sites than explain this phenominum much better than I can.
Here's a link that provides a little more info: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4388
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:58 AM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
Thanks, thats good to know.Cant decide whether to get 400mah batteries, risk over heating the motor or a job lot of 240's and have more shorter spaced out flights. I cant get 5x 240's for £20 or 2x 400 for £15.95 +p&p
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
Thanks, thats good to know.Cant decide whether to get 400mah batteries, risk over heating the motor or a job lot of 240's and have more shorter spaced out flights. I cant get 5x 240's for £20 or 2x 400 for £15.95 +p&p
Try these dude, better punch and same flight time as stock for me, really great price and UK stock. CHANGE THE POLARITY though as they are wrong for walkera as they are.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=29263
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:00 PM
Southampton, UK
Joined Jul 2004
1,194 Posts
that looks cool. how does the site work. Pay in $USD but it comes from the UK warehouse, so no import charges?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:13 PM
Joined Oct 2012
118 Posts
yes Hobbyking has the global warehouse in Hongkong, with all stuff you pay to Germany a VAT of 19% if you are over 22Euro, (and the customs pick out your shipping)

And HK has in addition to the global warehouse also local warhouses e.g. in Germany and several other locations. there you don't need to do an import, since you are in the country. you get it faster (2-3 days in Germany). Normally Hobbyking need to pay the local VAT tax if shipping form Germany (I think the same in UK) but I am not sure if they do it. But is that my problem as a customer?

Anyway, the local HK warehouses are great, you get the parts faster and with no VAT / customs to be paid, and I have also this batteries, this are great for the price. The only thing I noticed, was that not all have the same performance, I feel some are weaker, so have a higher resistance, since they feel not so powerful. ok for less than 2 Euro, I can screen the best myself and waste the worse ones, even if that is not good vor our environment.
Crasy666 is offline Find More Posts by Crasy666